Thanks for the help, but my problem is that I CAN'T get the 507 screen lol. I tried about 100 times to get JL_cmder to connect to my 8320....but nothing it would always just go back to the main screen. Doesn't matter now though, I found an alternative way to accomplish what I was trying to do. Thanks anyway though.
    what is this alternative way?
    03-11-09 07:43 AM
    i followed these commands as well and I haven't been able to get it to wipe...i get to cd jl_cmder and it say destination not found. or the system cannot find the path specified... and this is where I am stuck @
    this happened to me too...
    03-11-09 08:08 AM
    does anyone have an answer?
    03-11-09 03:21 PM
    ok after uninstalling JL_cmmdr, i installed it again and it wiped in the first try! wahoo! Now it shows a white screen that says "reload software 507" is this the 507 everyone speaks of?

anyways i opened DM, but it didnt recognize my pin, it says "none" so i click on it which takes me to the Connection Options, type says none so i clicked it to drop the menu and it had my PIN there (i guess from the past) so i chose it then clicked OK, but on the DM screen @ the bottom it still says "Device Connected (PIN):None" so i said &(*^ it and just went to Application Loader>Update Software, that brought up a tiny window saying "select which device to connect" which included my pin, no password so i clicked "OK". It read/Connected and checked for device sofware and this is what it had.

+Blackberry 4.7 Version 4.7.0.65
    +Blackberry 4.7 (preferred) Version 4.7.0.75
    +Blackberry 4.7.0.153 for 9530 Version 4.7.0.109

So i clicked on 109 ofcourse cause i wanted to return to my previous OS. Clicked next and it searched for software again and came up "no software update is required for your device" lol but its wiped!!!! so can anyoneHELP ME PLEASE!!!!

(the reason why i wiped my Storm is in the blackberryforums.com> General 9500 discussion> Titled "Insert/No Valid Sim Card" After Ugrading to .114 "
    03-11-09 05:00 PM
    Kindly need your assistance, i just wiped my 8707v with os 4.2.2 as shown on the threads,with JL_CMDER till i got the error 507. i also erased the vendor.xml as mentioned.
    but when i run the next step, which you estimate to takes about 15-30minutes, it does not work at all. even it does not show "THE LOADING OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL!! after 2 hours.
    i've been trying to repeat and repeat again several times, but it does not change anything.
    It says " The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider or system administrator"
    Would you please to tell me what should i do?

Thanks
    03-11-09 06:21 PM
    got the jl_cmer to work,everything went well with wipe but darn, it's beem more than 2 hour's now and can't finish the update, it's been in 360 of 383 modules to laod for more than 30 minutes, is this that slow?? if I cancel would I loose something??? HELP!!!!!
    03-11-09 10:00 PM
    had to do wipe again, this time it worked perfectly, thank all...
    03-11-09 11:49 PM
    had to do wipe again, this time it worked perfectly, thank all...
    how did you get it to wipe?
    03-12-09 01:24 AM
    Thanks for all those brilliant instructions. I successfully wiped my old 8100 (as I'm selling it) on my second try.. Not bad for a Mac person using a PC running Vista - I really don't know one end of a PC from another...
    Anyway, 8100 well and truly wiped but when I connect it to BB DM on the PC and try to put device software back on it, the BB recognises that it is connected to the PC and the DM says that it is updating the BB, but NOTHING happens. I still have error 507 showing on my old 8100.
    How can I be sure I have the right device software on my DM in the first place and why do you think it won't load?
    By the way, I have an iPhone 3G and a 8120 but it's the BB I use every day and it's the BB that receives email the quickest!
    Look forward to your thoughts here. Thanks
    03-12-09 05:16 AM
    how did you get it to wipe?
    easy, waited all the way and a window showed up saying there was a fatal error while installing OS, I was scarred to death thinking I had nuked the phone,disconnected phone, rebooted, It still had the 507 error and started over with jl_cmder in dos, this time it did the job, it took around 20min to load, the only problem with my phone is that it doesnt load the 168 OS, I did 3 more wipes after the first wipe but cant load the OS, probably it is the phone,hope this help's .
    03-12-09 08:00 AM
    thanks..

subscribed!!
    03-15-09 02:55 PM
    hi, i cannot get my BB 9500 to resurrect at all. I have tried the way listed here over and over, and same with the 101 app loader method. tried different usb ports.

all i get now on the BB is a double-flashing red light, and thats only when its charging or plugged into USB. the device itself shows absolutely nothing, even after battery pulls.

it only started doing it when i started to load .109 software, got to about an hour with not sign of progress, so i panicked and rebooted.

Anyone any ideas? im getting desperate now.
    03-15-09 03:59 PM
    i followed these commands as well and I haven't been able to get it to wipe...i get to cd jl_cmder and it say destination not found. or the system cannot find the path specified... and this is where I am stuck @
    I had same issue but am using Vista64. If you are using Vista64, you will type "C:\cd program files (x86)" and not "C:\cd program files".
    03-15-09 04:43 PM
    hi, i cannot get my BB 9500 to resurrect at all. I have tried the way listed here over and over, and same with the 101 app loader method. tried different usb ports.

all i get now on the BB is a double-flashing red light, and thats only when its charging or plugged into USB. the device itself shows absolutely nothing, even after battery pulls.

it only started doing it when i started to load .109 software, got to about an hour with not sign of progress, so i panicked and rebooted.

Anyone any ideas? im getting desperate now.
    try using info from this link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    03-15-09 06:05 PM
    what happens if i dont restore what i backed up
    will it just be like a new bb that i just bought?
    03-15-09 08:32 PM
    I typed "blackberry" and press enter and get back to the main menu for 7-8 times and still no result..

And rite now i typed "blackberry" and not pressing anyhting again, and I've been waiting for 15 minutes but still no result or white screen.. Can anybody help me?
    03-15-09 09:39 PM
    I typed "blackberry" and press enter and get back to the main menu for 7-8 times and still no result..

And rite now i typed "blackberry" and not pressing anyhting again, and I've been waiting for 15 minutes but still no result or white screen.. Can anybody help me?
    try using it the way vladm recomends go to this page http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...2/index12.html

I had problems before, I removed the jl file and reinstalled it, did it about 4 times until it worked, luck with procedure.

an advise, use run as administrator when you go the jl.exe file.
    Last edited by luckyberry; 03-15-09 at 10:01 PM.
    03-15-09 09:58 PM

Just curious, are you using Vista? What I found was that the driver was corrupt or missing for Blackberry and USB port. With your Blackberry connected to your computer, go to device manager and expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers" (USB). Look for the infamous yellow exclamation mark next to Blackberry. If there, right click it, update drivers by searching automatically (including the web) and allow install. I know this sounds unnecessary since your Blackberry has likely been connecting (mine was), but this solved the wipe issues for me. Even wiping via the command line, I kept receiving "port not found" errors until I discovered this. I suspect that the OS is not recognizing the Blackberry the way JL_Commander is expecting it too, hence it (JL_Cmder) does not see it either so nothing happens after typing "blackberry" Hope this helps, at the very least it may stir a different thought process for all of those trying to resolve this issue.
    03-16-09 06:32 PM
    Hey guys my Blackberry doesnt turn on when i out in the battery or the charger the red light comes on for a few seconds and then turn off. I tried to wipe with that JL program but im having trouble with it.. My blackberry is also undetectable as show in on the desktop mnger.

Please help//
    03-19-09 07:22 AM
    Hey guys my Blackberry doesnt turn on when i out in the battery or the charger the red light comes on for a few seconds and then turn off. I tried to wipe with that JL program but im having trouble with it.. My blackberry is also undetectable as show in on the desktop mnger.

Please help//
    if you still have the 507 error, open the DM and the go to the application loader press on start on update software or add software a window will appear and there you will see your pin, hope this works.
    03-19-09 07:46 AM
    Ok i have a black screen. I dont have a white screen the 507 error was a mistake.
    03-19-09 09:25 AM
    I sent for a free replacement but thnkz much!!
    03-19-09 09:46 AM
    can't get JL_Cmd to load, unzip ok then double click the icon and nothing, it seems like it aint installed properly.. any ideas
    windows vista is my OS
    BB loads up til the Vodafone screen then bugs out with the 523 error.
    tried plugging into PC but it doesnt recognise it...
    ???? help
    03-19-09 10:15 AM
    Before JL_Cmder will work, you MUST have Desktop Manager installed and Desktop Manager MUST be able to connect to your phone.

You should not run Desktop Manager when you want to use JL_Cmder but, like I said, it must be installed and working.

You can also use CrackUtil to wipe (link in my signature) and the same conditions apply - Desktop Manager must be installed.

Both JL_Cmder and CrackUtil are front ends for the same RIM program javaloader. Both programs are free but the difference is that CrackUtil has a BlackBerry file manager built in and has a Windows interface.

CrackMem will also wipe just as well too.
    03-19-09 10:34 AM
    what happens if i dont restore what i backed up
    will it just be like a new bb that i just bought?
    03-19-09 05:03 PM
656 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD