How-To Wipe with JL_Cmder part II

This is for the few times you cannot get the above instructions to work. ** Make sure you try to get JL_Cmder to connect 5 or 6 times before doing this.**

The same as above applies for this. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager & OS installed to your computer.

1) Make sure DM is NOT running.

2) Connect BB

3) Start a Command Prompt in DOS from your computer.
    ** XP ** Start>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt then type
    loader.exe/nojvm

4) The AppLoader will then open

5) Select Next

6) A drop down list will appear with the Communication ports & one USB port entry

7) Select USB:Unknown

8) The Apploader should connect to the device and you can now re-install the OS.

If you do not see USB:BBPIN or USB:Unknown

1) Then disconnect your device from the computer
    2) Make sure you leave the Apploader screen up
    3) Remove the battery & stick it back in
    4) Quickly while the RED LED is on reconnect your device to the computer
    5) When USB:BBPIN OR USB:Unknown appears quickly Select Next
    6) Then run the Apploader

Once again, JL_Cmder usually connects to the device after 1 or even a few tries. This is if you CANNOT get JL_Cmder to connect. I've tried to make this as complete as I can. If anyone has anything to add, please do so. Either post here or PM me.

This 2nd part to the tutorial is made by Crucial_Xtreme. Please do not copy and paste this in any other forums without my permission. Thank you.

I dont understand what is this second part for... I have the conection problem (when I type blackberry I return to the main manu, and it doesn't wipe at all)... I've done the whole apploader thing, but the problm is I don't know why would I reinstall my OS through the apploader if what I want is to wipe it before doing that!!!!... wouldn't it be making this whole threat useless if I just connect to the apploader and install os???.... what am I supposed to do after I connect to the apploader with the PIN:UNKNOWN!!!!! am I supposed to reinstall OS and THEN use the JL_Cmder??? or is this a way of skiping it?? cause in that case I find this whole thing useless... PLEASE HELP ME I NEED TO WIPE MY DEVICE!!!!!!!
    11-12-08 05:40 PM
    If you use this software to wipe your phone and you have an unlocked phone (from ATT) that I am using on TMobile, will it lock the phone again and not let me use it?
    11-13-08 12:38 AM
    @Crucial

Thanks Man for the step by step process, you always give the best info......just like the FireFox 3.1 Beta.....works like a charm

Wiping Device Now!
    11-14-08 10:08 AM
    I did this a while ago while updating to a beta os, and decided now is a good time to grab the official and get that on my phone. Last time I used a 32bit Vista OS, worked like a charm. This time I used a 64 bit OS. And frankly I think it should work, just didn't for some reason.

I recall getting a message letting me retry to connect, this time I did not. I followed the vista 64bit instructions on the first post, seemed to work, but was getting the usual just back to menu after typing blackberry issue. Tried about 15 times, no change.

So I tried the second solution, and the phone didn't even come up as unknown, it came up with correct pin and everything. So something tells me the batchfile with javaloader should have worked just fine.

As a note, when I tried the command prompt option in lj_cmder, I got a text file with the fancy vista "command not found" message for JavaLoader, so I'm guessing that's my problem right there. I double checked the Admin rights, as well as the path and even changed the working path to make sure, still no change.

So was I just doing something wrong, something not quite working as it should on my system or were I just not patient enough?

Also does the second solution (Apploader.exe/nojvm) do the job as well as the first one? Seemed that the AppLoader wiped out everything and installed from scratch (as oposed to doing it normally through the DM) but I do want to make sure.

Thanks!

Oh and as a note, I don't have the common files\Research in motion in my path, so I had to go in under apploader to run the command, probably what one of the posters before me had issues with. I'm not sure if that's uncommon or if you left it out deliberately but I thought I'd mention it. Otherwise, thanks a lot for excellent instructions.
    11-15-08 03:23 AM
    I was able to get to the end where it said "load successfully", but then my BB went from 507 to 547 and it has been doing that few times as I tried to wipe it out and reload.
    11-18-08 01:48 PM
    and now it goes back to 507 at the "wait for device initialization" process. I can see the computer and the phone on my BB screen.

Please let me know what i have done wrong. I am very new with this BB thing. thanks
    11-18-08 01:52 PM
    I just finished reloading the OS again and it again said "load successfully", but now it has error 561.

Help please!!
    11-18-08 01:55 PM
    I just finished reloading the OS again and it again said "load successfully", but now it has error 561.

Help please!!
    same here ! error 561
    help please.............
    11-20-08 10:30 AM
    To the OP.

How about a screen shot of Step 6 and how to get there for us Newbies with IT locked Blackberry's that are computer challenged?
    11-28-08 01:01 AM
    To the OP:

Somewhere between step 12 and step 14 you might need to go here.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

VERY helpful!!!!
    11-28-08 09:30 PM
    To be prceise, I ended up not doing steps 12 & 14 and doint this instead.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Worked perfectly. Then resumed from step 15.
    11-29-08 09:52 AM
    Thanks for the step by step instructions, thought I had lost my BB when my computer decided to crash in the middle of an upgrade. As usual, great information on this website!
    12-01-08 12:31 AM
    At what point did it fail? What error did it give you? Regardless, plug in device>Open DM>Add/Remove> Apploader and install the Core System. After that restore from a previous backup. Post if you have any more questions.

After I select to upgrade the device software and choose the PIN, it starts connecting to the device and searches for installed device OS. Suddenly the program fails and i get a windows vista security msg that the Apploader failed to work!!!

So I hought it was DM 4.7 as I heard it had some problems. Uninstalled it and now i'm downloading DM 4.6. Hope it works

If anybody has any other suggestions then be my guest
    12-02-08 06:47 AM
    After I select to upgrade the device software and choose the PIN, it starts connecting to the device and searches for installed device OS. Suddenly the program fails and i get a windows vista security msg that the Apploader failed to work!!!

So I hought it was DM 4.7 as I heard it had some problems. Uninstalled it and now i'm downloading DM 4.6. Hope it works

If anybody has any other suggestions then be my guest
    Please see my prior 2 posts with what I did. I managed o get 4.5.0.97 up and running making this slight change. DM 4.7 is what I was using.
    12-02-08 07:20 AM
    Ok, I got to the part that the 507 is on the bb screen. But now I cannot seem to get my DM to locate the OS (which is installed on the computer).

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system admin."

What now??
    12-03-08 07:43 PM
    Ok, I got to the part that the 507 is on the bb screen. But now I cannot seem to get my DM to locate the OS (which is installed on the computer).

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system admin."

What now??
    In an earlier post on this thread i stated where steps 13 &14 are, please go here:

http://crackberry.com/crack-team/cra...rry-101?page=1

Please be advised, when using Desktop Manager 4.7 these steps are HIGHLY recomended. ( andd exactly I got out of the situation you are in now.)

Please see my previous posts on the subject.
    12-03-08 10:14 PM

What now??
    In an earlier post on this thread i stated where steps 13 &14 are, please go here:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Please be advised, when using Desktop Manager 4.7 these steps are HIGHLY recomended. ( andd exactly I got out of the situation you are in now.)

Please see my previous posts on the subject.
    12-03-08 10:19 PM
    Download and install CrackMem from my signature as this will show which OSs are installed on your PC and will help you remove the Vendor.xml file as well as any other files that you do not need.

Also instead of using JL_Cmder, try CrackUtil which has a better interface and does a few more things.

Both these tools were written with the intention of using them for user support.

Make sure that you read the CrackMem help file as it contains just about everything you need to fix problems.
    12-04-08 01:00 AM
    Thank you..almost forgot to subscribe
    12-05-08 02:27 PM
    Just to be clear, if i wipe my BES powered Storm with this method, I do NOT need to do any kind of backup right? I have no pictures, or files. Only my bes contacts, appointments, mail, tasks, memos, etc.

All of that will come back when i re-activate BES right? Or will BES not send this stuff back out again since it thinks it already did?
    12-06-08 04:13 AM

What now??
    You have to delete the Vendor XML file. Also open DM>Help>About>Device Software tab> what does it say for OS?

Edit: Cray, it will come back.
    12-06-08 04:35 AM
    To the OP:

Somewhere between step 12 and step 14 you might need to go here.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

VERY helpful!!!!
    I'm the OP. Why do I need to look there?
    12-06-08 04:36 AM
    I'm the OP. Why do I need to look there?
    I was using DM 4.7 when I upgrade3d my Blackberry. I started in the "Proper Procedure" thread. Step 7 there points here. I followed steps 1-12 just fine with the expected results. Step 14 didn't want to work at all. When I went to look for the installed OS it wouldn't see it. So I followed the steps listed in the 101 article IE navigate to the app loader WITHOUT DM on and it worked from there. I picked up from step 15 after that.

I didn't mean to be offensive in any way. I just wanted to help others not have the near panic attack I did.
    12-06-08 06:58 AM
    I was using DM 4.7 when I upgrade3d my Blackberry. I started in the "Proper Procedure" thread. Step 7 there points here. I followed steps 1-12 just fine with the expected results. Step 14 didn't want to work at all. When I went to look for the installed OS it wouldn't see it. So I followed the steps listed in the 101 article IE navigate to the app loader WITHOUT DM on and it worked from there. I picked up from step 15 after that.

I didn't mean to be offensive in any way. I just wanted to help others not have the near panic attack I did.

If the OS is installed properly, and the Vendor XML file is deleted there is no reason why the DM would not "see" the OS.
    12-06-08 07:17 AM
    Interesting. I followed the instructions I had to the letter. Mind you, certain things in DM 4.7 are a little different. Also, CDMA BB with "unauthorized OS" might play a role as well. There is only one Vendor XML file right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:23 AM
656 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD