When it is released now will old blackberry users be able to put it on there phone?

Will it be via a OS upgrade. Obviously with new phones it will be per loaded.
    And then is there any estimated date it will be released?

I saw the demo yesterday and it looks great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 03:04 PM
    I would assume that it would be in an OS update since most everything runs off of the browser. There could be an ota or desktop manager update for just the browser, but I really don't forsee RIM doing that. The ETA for this is by end of year.
    02-17-10 03:28 PM
    Great thanks!

I would assume that it would be in an OS update since most everything runs off of the browser. There could be an ota or desktop manager update for just the browser, but I really don't forsee RIM doing that. The ETA for this is by end of year.
    02-17-10 03:49 PM
    could be OTA like BBM or only part of an OS in which you load via CODs or something
    02-17-10 03:53 PM
    The ETA for this is by end of year.
    RIM language for,"This time next year".
    02-17-10 04:01 PM
    Sooner than later I hope, but with Opera Mini, life is good.
    02-17-10 04:03 PM
    Im fine using Opera Mini 4 the time being, but I'd say don't even think about it until its actually upon us. You'll drive yourself crazy waiting for these things lol.
    02-17-10 04:07 PM
    By the time it is released newer phones will be out on the market and we will be a step behind again. :-(

02-17-10 05:55 PM
    Given the rabid desire for a new browser I believe this thing will leak within a few months.

Others have also said that this will leak on its own similar to the bbm leak.

I am betting that we see this before June.

02-17-10 06:02 PM
    Given the rabid desire for a new browser I believe this thing will leak within a few months.

Others have also said that this will leak on its own similar to the bbm leak.

I am betting that we see this before June.

Hope So!!! That would make my bb almost Perfect!!!
    02-17-10 06:11 PM
    dont hold your breath
    02-17-10 06:17 PM
    Sooner than later I hope, but with Opera Mini, life is good.
    Yea agree I love opera

02-17-10 06:30 PM
    I hope the "end of year" comment is totally wrong. I want the new webkit browser yesterday.
    02-17-10 06:47 PM
    Waiting for this thing is going to kill me! Lol

I'm pretty happy though useing the current browser and opera

02-17-10 09:44 PM
    By the time it is released newer phones will be out on the market and we will be a step behind again. :-(

I was thinking the same thing..
    02-17-10 10:40 PM
    I'm guessing Verizon will drop a OS upgrade and webkit together. Hopefully soon!

02-18-10 10:09 AM
    Although it may not be as far off as the end of the year, I think its leaked by summer which is still ways away, unfortunately...

If we do get it soon, I think it puts the Storm2 right back in the mix again, especially since other carriers seem to be picking it up. It could only mean good things for Storm2 owners!
    02-18-10 10:23 AM
    I use both the native browser AND Opera.

One thing I haven't been able to fig. out is how to zoom in Opera.. (double tapping doesn't work)

any thoughts??
    02-18-10 10:40 AM
    I use both the native browser AND Opera.

One thing I haven't been able to fig. out is how to zoom in Opera.. (double tapping doesn't work)

any thoughts??
    Unfortunately, I think this is a limitation for OMB2, as I think it only offers one "level" of zoom (that is, the first tap or double tap zooms to what the browser thinks is the proper level).

I would love to see additional zoom integrated into Opera, as there are just some sites where the zoom level just isn't enough.

Can't wait for this new webkit browser though...but...being a BB owner, I know that I will.
    02-18-10 10:54 AM
    It almost certainly will not be released within an OS, since RIM never releases OSes to the public only to their carrier partners. It is far more likely that it will be made available through DM or App store. My best guess is that it will speed browsing only minimally. That is, it will (likely) not be as fast or as fluid as Safari. I think you are looking at something on the order of Opera Mini, with better integration into the OS. Hope I'm wrong, but given the recent history of RIM....
    02-18-10 10:56 AM
    Unfortunately, I think this is a limitation for OMB2, as I think it only offers one "level" of zoom (that is, the first tap or double tap zooms to what the browser thinks is the proper level).

I would love to see additional zoom integrated into Opera, as there are just some sites where the zoom level just isn't enough.

Can't wait for this new webkit browser though...but...being a BB owner, I know that I will.
    this is true, but one thing I found as an alternative, albeit a lengthy one, is to change the magnification settings from Small or Medium to XLarge. Pages redner more accurately when text is set on the "small" setting, but you may be able to read things easier with a larger font. Kind of a pain to go back and forth though to change the setting...
    02-18-10 12:31 PM
    Touche'.

And thx for explaining the zoom (non)feature!
    02-18-10 12:40 PM
    rim wants to be in the same boat as other phones as far as web goes it'll get released as soon as they can.
    Besides if it leaks with a newer os we will have it sooner.
    02-18-10 02:39 PM
    rim wants to be in the same boat as other phones as far as web goes it'll get released as soon as they can.
    Besides if it leaks with a newer os we will have it sooner.
    Perhaps we can sign up at a national registry to be informed day or night, the moment this browser becomes available. Heck, I think we should enlist the use of the emergency broadcast system, as well as the amber alert signs along the freeways. The browser, if it lives up to the hype is going to make us BB owners very happy.
    02-18-10 04:40 PM
    they better release this soon.
    02-18-10 09:58 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD