02-24-16 03:38 PM
591 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Question: Using ATT Bold with UNlimited International Data plan, as modem, tethered, while in Northeastern France/Alsace?

can anyone verify details? do i need to use a differen APN, etc? shodul it work without additional charges? leaveing tonight! thanks.
    07-29-09 09:33 AM
    For T-Mobile users still having problems, use this site. I have been trying this off and on for a year or two and this site has the first set of directions that actually worked.

I can't take credit for it it was found after several google searches at this web site

Sorry if it has already been posted.
    AWESOME!!!!
    07-29-09 06:32 PM
    I know you said when you posted this that you did not have instructions for setting this upon a MAC, but do you now and or does anyone know how to set it up for a mac, is it even possible. I dont want to pay sprint to download the program to my phone and not even be able to get it to work with my laptop.
    07-29-09 07:09 PM
    ATT doesn't charge you for tethering your modem.
    Hey Bryan,

I am about to load up my girls for a trip and am attempting this with my laptop...you are the first ATT person I came upon, so I'm asking YOU my silly question... did you put T-mobile in the dial up information and #99, or something specific for ATT?

Thanks! I always feel fairly technically challenged...

Bryn
    07-30-09 08:23 AM
    Someone knows how to create a connection on the Telus network

I have 64-bits Vista and Desktop Manager 5.0
    08-01-09 01:26 PM
    Guys,

Is there a way to increase the modem speed, higher then 115200? Does BlackBerry has their own version modem Driver?

Recently I took out my SIM card out of my storm and inserted in to my other cell (Sony Ericsson) When I use the cell as a modem from my ThinkPad, the network properties shows HSPDA 3.5M, browsing speed was 10x faster then using the storm as a modem!

When I checked the modem properties in windows control panel, the max speed in the drop down bar was 3500000, unlike BB's standard modem which only has 115Kpbs.

Pls do let me know if there is a BB driver which need to be install to use it as a modem

Thanks
    It really shouldn't affect the actual speed achieved using 3G.

It is just the "modem" speed. In this case, the modem is not actually a 115kb but a 3.6Mbps HSDPA device so it is just a label really.

When connected via USB I can achieve well over 1200Kbps download from inside my house, which is better than the average on AT&T tethering and Rogers.

It is the same speeds with iPhone 3G as well, so don't sweat it.

This method is very simple and effective.
    08-01-09 03:29 PM
    there are allot of posts to read but does the method on the first post work with the tour as well?
    08-02-09 09:08 AM
    use this tweak
    How to setup a tethered modem, Telus Blackberry smartphone and a laptop, for wide-area wireless Internet access, aka wireless ADSL

Do not do the tweaks until your "default" setting is fully functional and you can surf.

This tweak may not work for your particular model of Blackberry or laptop.

Start ... Connect to ... Show all connections ... Right click "Blackberry Telus" Dial-up icon ...
    Properties ... make sure the "standard modem" is selected ... click the "Configure" button ...
    change the speed to 460800, enable hardware flow control ... enable modem error control ...
    enable modem compression.
    08-02-09 10:11 AM
    there are allot of posts to read but does the method on the first post work with the tour as well?
    Same question. I'm a total newb when it comes to BB's. The Tour is the first BB I've ever used. It's also the first smartphone I've ever used.

I know some people who use HTC's as wireless routers and literally connect wireless laptops with DHCP directly from the phones. I wouldn't mind having to physically tether my tour to a laptop though.

I'm on vzw's unlimited data plan, so will I incur extra charges by tethering? And like ToNe asked, does the method on the first post work with the tour?
    08-02-09 12:32 PM
    Can anyone tell me why I have trouble with internet Explorer when I teether. I'm t mobile. Google browser seems to work sometimes , lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 03:53 PM
    I'm getting a 734 error. I followed your instructions to a T. Can someone help please?
    If this is any help? The 734 error refers to IP address you entered is incorrect. Make sure its right and then reboot pc and BB

08-02-09 04:13 PM
    is an application such as tetherberry worth it
    08-02-09 11:55 PM
    is an application such as tetherberry worth it
    In my opinion, it's not worth it. I tried it because they have a 7-day free trial. Yes, it works but I didn't get higher speeds as if I was using Desktop Manager. I'm tethering right now. If I could at least get close to the 500kbps mark I would be straight. I would even get rid of my cable internet. I'm only getting 115.2 kbps. Does anyone know if TMO caps the speed at 115.2 kbps when tethering? Everytime I connect, I get the same speeds. Thanks in advance.
    08-03-09 07:30 AM
    How much does Verizon charge if I was to use this?
    08-03-09 09:14 AM
    Does anyone know if TMO caps the speed at 115.2 kbps when tethering? Everytime I connect, I get the same speeds. Thanks in advance.
    T-Mobile does not seem to cap tethering speed, at least not in the Chicago area. There are one or two spots along my train commute where I exceed 200Kbps.

Check your network connection settings. Here's my Windows XP configuration. In the Control Panel, the Phone And Modem settings for my Standard Modem (used by USB tether) and Standard Modem Over Bluetooth (used by BT tether) have the baud rate set to its maximum of 115200. But I think that modem rate is overridden by the network connection settings. In the Control Panel, in the Network Connections settings for my T-Mo USB and T-Mo BT connections, I've configured the corresponding modem's maximum speed to 460800. That seems to be the crucial speed setting; I think 400Kbps is the theoretical max for EDGE.
    08-03-09 10:28 PM
    -Ok, I don't know about the overseas cards (I'm not going anytime soon)

+I've got a 8230 flip
    -I've got it tethered to my PC with the unlimited data on the phone and for home internet

+If I understand this correctly, I can download tetherberry on the phone, get the coresponding program on my PC
    -Cancel my tether plan
    -Keep my unlimited on my phone
    -And have unlimited through tetherberry on my PC?

As a side note, I've got Alltel. I know Verizon is king now, but in my area, Alltel is still operating. Atleast for another year or so. Must have to do with the anti-monopoly laws. I'm in a rural area. But is the above logic sound?
    08-05-09 10:56 AM
    On the step to Enter the initialization command: 8 it does not let me enter the t-mobile code it does not let me enter anything what can i do
    08-05-09 03:26 PM
    successfully tethered my tour. nice.
    08-05-09 06:42 PM
    Hi! I have a blackberry Curve 8320 and my carrier is T-Mobile!
    I had two success attempts that reached the connection, but its suddendly drops it! While I'm trying to Query the modem, appears a an error that's says "THE MODEM FAILED TO RESPOND. MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY CONNECTED AND TURN ON. IF ITS AN INTERNAL MODEM OR IS CONNECTED, VERIFY THAT THE INTERRUMPT FOR THE PORT IS PROPERLY SET."

What should I do????
    I had the same problem... same stuff you have... go into your BB's navigation options and clear out the cache and cookies (probably don't need to do this) and restart your phone. This closes and stops all data services that might be running still. When it came back up it worked for me. Hopefully it'll work for you.
    08-07-09 02:01 AM
    Well thx u it work n ill just have to see if they charge me I hope my company doesn't I have ulimited internet on my phone
    08-07-09 03:23 AM
    Does Sprint Smartview still work as suggested in the title? The post is a bit outdatedm

08-08-09 01:46 PM
    In the Control Panel, in the Network Connections settings for my T-Mo USB and T-Mo BT connections, I've configured the corresponding modem's maximum speed to 460800. That seems to be the crucial speed setting; I think 400Kbps is the theoretical max for EDGE.
    Thanks Huber! I change the settings and my speed increased to 225kbps down and 105kbps. That's some decent speeds. I wish it was a bit higher. It's still not fast enough for me to terminate my cable internet.
    08-09-09 07:17 AM
    Hi
    I have Vista OS and is having issues installing/setting up the modem connection .My carrier is sprint. The error code 5 said failed connection. Any advice
    Thanks
    08-09-09 06:25 PM
    is there anything i can do if i am not using the 4.2 desktop software? i just upgraded my desktop software and my OS...
    08-10-09 11:05 PM
    When i try to go to the sprints site to download use phone as a modem it is giving me on my phone the above! Any insights to why this is happening?

Much thanks,
    Tess4berry.
    08-11-09 11:13 AM
591 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD