02-24-16 03:38 PM
591 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Does anyone have the settings for 02 in the uk?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 01:28 PM
    Maybe I'm just dense, but I couldnt get this to work on my Verizon BBCurve. If anyone has the time to help me out with it, contact me on BBM.
    01-30-09 05:01 PM
    I am sorry but I do not see anything on here about hooking up a BB 8900 to your computer. Can some one PM or BBM me the instructions? I know I have heard rumors that you have to teather through BB desktop manager? Is this true? I want to try and figure this out befor I go on vacation. I will be in the middle of the woods in the middle of no place in a log cabin. So this is the only way I will be able to connect to the net.
    02-03-09 03:46 AM
    i really really need 2 use my bb 8330 (with sprint service) with my mac. sprint smartview mac for osx does not support PAM (phone as modem). please help!!!
    02-03-09 08:49 PM
    I tried to follow the instructions on blackberry curve 8300 series and toshiba laptop. I ended up deleting previously installed modems and tired to reload modems from the Blackberry Software.

I even restored the computer b/c I couldnt even get online on the laptop with the original wireless modem previously installed.

Please help, when I queried the modem on the Standard 33600 Modem - I received an Error: the modem failed to respond.
    BTW, I am using VISTA ULTIMATE on the laptop

I cant figure out what I did! It seems when I checked "all Ports" I confused the computer/myself and now the "interupt port" seems to be the problem. I cant find a way to clear everything or at least restore the original settings for the modems and their ports.

thanks for any help
    Last edited by marquezrebecca; 02-04-09 at 12:00 PM.
    02-04-09 10:22 AM
    A little help please . . .

Issues tethering my Bold with a Vista laptop. I have no issues tethering with my XP laptop but I keep getting the "692 error" whenever I try to start up this connection.

I have followed all the instructionals on this site and over at hofo and I seem to keep getting the same error. Uninstalled modem drivers and DM 4.6 and then reinstalled as well still getting the same error.

Anyone have any advice or direction they can provide? Thank you.
    02-04-09 07:03 PM
    A little help please . . .

Issues tethering my Bold with a Vista laptop. I have no issues tethering with my XP laptop but I keep getting the "692 error" whenever I try to start up this connection.

I have followed all the instructionals on this site and over at hofo and I seem to keep getting the same error. Uninstalled modem drivers and DM 4.6 and then reinstalled as well still getting the same error.

Anyone have any advice or direction they can provide? Thank you.
    Hey there. Try this link

BlackBerry How To: Use Your RIM Smartphone As a Tethered Modem for Your PC - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership
    02-09-09 10:50 AM
    Im going to be purchasing a new laptop and im a little bit confused with these instructions as I read them but have not tried it yet. Question is the blackberry using the dialup modem to conect the blackberry? If so does that mean I have to have a 56K modem option with my laptop because I think it only comes with ethernet conection and dial up modem is additional. Thanks.
    02-09-09 06:22 PM
    Im going to be purchasing a new laptop and im a little bit confused with these instructions as I read them but have not tried it yet. Question is the blackberry using the dialup modem to conect the blackberry? If so does that mean I have to have a 56K modem option with my laptop because I think it only comes with ethernet conection and dial up modem is additional. Thanks.
    No - you do not need a physical 56K modem. The BB uses a "virtual" modem.

EDIT: I take that back. I'm not sure now... Well, just to be on the safe side, spend the extra few dollars for the dial-up modem.
    Last edited by msaririan; 02-17-09 at 01:58 AM.
    02-17-09 01:55 AM
    I followed all of the instructions and it worked perfectly for AT&T.

Thanks...
    02-17-09 12:48 PM
    does this work with pay as you go data plan?
    02-18-09 03:14 AM
    im using a vodafone uk bold that is unlocked on vodafone india , do i use vodafone uk settings? wat are vodafone india settings ? ?
    02-18-09 05:42 AM
    Is this method at EDGE/3G speeds?
    02-19-09 11:02 AM
    Not sure about 3G but for me on T-Mobile when I tether my blackberry I get about twice the speed of 56k. Not really fast enough to watch streaming video or youtube videos but for me it's good enough to either surf the web or check my email since I don't use it enough to justify getting a broadband card.
    02-19-09 12:17 PM
    No - you do not need a physical 56K modem. The BB uses a "virtual" modem.

EDIT: I take that back. I'm not sure now... Well, just to be on the safe side, spend the extra few dollars for the dial-up modem.
    I'm almost sure you don't need to have a physical modem. I disabled my modem in the hardware manager and I was still able to get onto the internet with my blackberry.
    02-19-09 12:20 PM
    im using a vodafone uk bold that is unlocked on vodafone india , do i use vodafone uk settings? wat are vodafone india settings ? ?
    This might work:
    GPRS settings for any operator/mobile in world - By Manojr Tiwari

Aparrently you can get the APN settings for any service operator in the world.

I found another useful list for lots of countries:
    internet access GPRS settings for your mobile phone and mobile operator

- but unfortunately it didn't have Vodafone India in the list, hence the above link. Hope it helps.
    02-19-09 02:29 PM
    I keep getting an error everytime I download and try to run Sprint SmartView for Windows. It says:

"the wizard was interrupted before Sprint Smartview could be completeley installed. You system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time you need to rerun set up".

I've rerun it a gazillion times and it is constantly giving me this error message, can anyone help? I just want to use my Sprint BB8330 as a modem.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
    02-19-09 06:30 PM
    I have a nextel 8350i. I have DM and Smart View. I don't see a post about using this as a PAM. Can anyone help?

02-20-09 09:58 PM
    did it

its working. posting from it now.

USA/ATT/8310
    02-22-09 01:16 AM
    I downloaded the sprint smart view app per
    07.30.08***EVEN BETTER NEWS FOR BB USERS***
    If you are on the Sprint network all you need to do is download Sprint SmartView
    and let it do the work for you. AFter you have installed the software (which says it's 37mb but after it was all said and done my PC says 57mb) all you gotta do is plug ur Blackberry in to the USB cable and the Sprint View Software will handle the rest. Lemme know if you have any Q's!!

It hooks up and works fine. I had tried to set up the modem but when I tried to query the modem it wouldn't find it.
    I didn't half to put a user name or password in, Is sprint able to see this? Or is this all I need to do

Thanks,
    02-22-09 01:26 PM
    did it

its working. posting from it now.

USA/ATT/8310
    Used "4.8meg of Unlimited". That's this billing cycle so far.

I did a speedtest and it said 112kbps down / 73kbps up but it only seemed 2/5 as fast.
    Last edited by danpass; 02-22-09 at 04:48 PM.
    02-22-09 04:45 PM
    hi how are u just want to know if you can tell if it is possible for me to use my computer at work that currently doesnt have a modem hooked up to it and i would like to have internet on it so i was on the forums and this cought my eye so once i go threw al the Query the modem, using the modems properties what would be the next step to see if its going to let me go on the internet or to make it work i have at&t do u know i would get additional charges i have a bb curve 8310 if you can please help thank you for your time
    02-22-09 07:15 PM
    HELP!!! Somebody please help!!! i get "Error 633: The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly." im using Windows XP btw...... how do I fix this...... I HOPE SOMEBODY can help me!!!!

i have the 8310 with t-mobile
    Last edited by Syane817; 02-24-09 at 04:16 AM.
    02-24-09 04:13 AM
    Does anyone know how I can do this in the UK with o2...??

Also my contract package includes unlimited internet usage would this cover any charges??

Thanks
    02-24-09 06:00 AM
    Succesfully added my 8310 as a modem to my laptop with at&t..thanks for this helpful post kclady!!

02-24-09 06:35 AM
591 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD