Hey guys, does this work in reverse too.............. can i use my PC to facilitate internet services on my BB? if so, plz advise............... my carrier is Digicel Trinidad and Tobago Network
    02-25-10 07:41 PM
    Hey guys, does this work in reverse too.............. can i use my PC to facilitate internet services on my BB? if so, plz advise............... my carrier is Digicel Trinidad and Tobago Network
    That's one I haven't heard of. Making your device un-mobile. So you want to use your pc's internet connection to give your BlackBerry temporary internet service? I'm curious, why are you needing this?
    My recommendation would be a wifi router and purchasing a wifi BlackBerry. That will accomplish getting internet to your BlackBerry without paying carrier data costs by using the same connection as your pc. This will, however, not give you access to bis services (ie app world requires a bis subscription).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 08:40 PM
    Use Tetherberry, one time fee.
    02-28-10 11:31 PM
    When I'm tethering, why I cannot connected to BIS? My BB logo disappear and only show 3G sybol.
    03-01-10 01:10 AM
    does anybody know the extra initialization command for people on O2 UK network?
    05-15-10 06:43 AM
    Hi everyone . Please if anyone has finally accomplished tethering between a blackberry 8520 and a macbook, please tell me how its done!. I cant figure it out for the life of me
    Blakberry 8520
    V4.6.1.259
    Macbook w/ OSX 10.5.8
    Blackberry Desktop Manager V 1.0.3

Please help !!!!!
    05-22-10 08:56 PM
    I really need some help setting my 8330 up... I have the Sprint software installed, but I cannot seem to get my phone and computer working together... I really need to get this set up soon, as I am trying to help the fire department I work for get out of the knuckle-dragging past and get into the here and now. I have the usual tether to my computer, but now I need them to work together... Help?? Please?? Contact me as soon as possible if you can possibly help. Thanks!!! Target
    05-28-10 10:56 AM
    Thanx Nice Information... but Will They Work???
    06-01-10 10:05 PM
    Thanx I'm try to set my 9700 as a modem right now!

06-05-10 10:34 AM
    I am sure this has been asked and i read through the first couple of pages and couldnt find the answer. But i didnt want to read through all 40.

Will verizon charge me for this if i use my storm 2?
    06-07-10 07:02 AM
    I've tried to use the tether from the desktop software on Verizon, but at first got a web page saying it'll cost me. Now I get an error message.
    06-09-10 07:10 PM
    Hi OP, thanks for the info. Do you have any information on Sprint customers? I tried to follow steps included, but not working for me. I am using vista ultimate, BB 8330 sprint. my error says: can't connect to remote computer, or error #678 or 777.
    thanks in advance.
    Last edited by yanxizao; 06-21-10 at 01:47 PM.
    06-21-10 01:43 PM
    Is anyone having success with these instructions using AT&T w/ Windows 7 (and a bold)? In the past this has worked for me, but now with Windows 7 (OS) I am getting an error 734.

**UPDATE**
    Ok...after messing around with this all weekend and not getting it to work anymore via the instructions, i finally search another forum area (BOLD 9700). Found this "guide", followed it and it worked the 1st time! Wish that thread would have been posted in the "How To" section, as it would have saved me a bunch of wasted time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/how-tether-your-bold-9700-definitive-guide-389506/

Hope it helps others.
    Last edited by Summett; 07-12-10 at 08:51 AM.
    07-12-10 08:38 AM
    Thank you so much.
    07-16-10 02:39 AM
    well i did everything you said i use verizon as my carrier and i got the 9530 storm 1 not the 2 and it did work i was connected too the internet. i usually use the verizon connection on my pc. but i am using the t-mobil network connection you gave in this instruction and it works. now i have the unlimited data on my blackberry phone and i pay also for the broadband connection with verizon. now since this is working. can i call verizon and cancel my broadband connection and just use this connection you gave? i am new to all this. it maybe a dum question but i just want to know. cause i really would like to not have to pay for broadband anymore
    07-20-10 09:12 PM
    ok so when i tried to do this with my curve 8310 with at&t it all work great but when i dialed it said could not verify username and password???? what do i do????
    07-25-10 04:58 PM
    Neither T-Mobile or Sprint either one charge anything additional to enable modem capabilities for your Berry's. I'm about 75% sure Cingular/At&t doesn't either, but I just heard that one thru the grapevine.

i just checked the plan on my sprint account and i read the details and it said "phone as modem or tethering: not included"

will i still be charged for this...??

i got the simply everything plan family...
    08-14-10 09:21 AM
    Actually Sprint said they no longer allow tethering (phone as modem) anymore....but there is an app on bb app world called "tether"...you dowload a driver to the phone and computer and connect...free 7 day trial but after that its a one time fee....only way i found around it...hope that helps...
    08-14-10 08:11 PM
    ok so when i tried to do this with my curve 8310 with at&t it all work great but when i dialed it said could not verify username and password???? what do i do????
    you need to call at&t for that....you're gonna need your MSID for the username and password....do you have a data package for tethering? if not they can suspend or cancel your account...
    08-14-10 08:16 PM
    How do I use my black berry 8310 curve as a mordem without the network charging my air time,instead I want to use the contract data,I am in South Africa any one with any ideas on how to config please

09-17-10 06:34 PM
    Okay, I am new to this site and just want to post this up to see if someone can help me. I am going to try and look through the post, but want to see if someone can answer quicker than I can read. Is there a way to tether a Sprint Blackberry Bold as a modem on a Mac Snow Leopard OS. Sprint said they do not do the tethering any more, and I really need it. Let me know, and thanks for the help.

Dan
    09-27-10 06:46 PM
    Can you tell me how to set up for TSTT. Can I use the instructions above and what is the confog code for TSTT.
    10-08-10 06:37 AM
    i just contacted sprint and got this for a answer
    8:14:26 PM : marcus gold: i was looking into using the blackberrys on my account as a modem

8:15:05 PM : Shane B: I am sorry, sprint doesn't offer the phone as a modem.

8:15:16 PM : marcus gold: since when?

8:15:55 PM : Shane B: Feb 14 2010,

8:16:08 PM : marcus gold: no kidding

8:17:26 PM : marcus gold: so the Sprint SmartView program does not work anymore

8:17:45 PM : Shane B: Right.

8:17:59 PM : marcus gold: ok thank you for your time

8:18:10 PM : Shane B: You're welcome.
    10-13-10 10:21 PM
    Hello everyone. Ok so I got to the last step where u put n the code,
    mine is tmobile n I have the 8900 curve. My labtop doesn't allow me to put the code in.
    I can't type anything. What can I do?
    I get to the extra settings tab and cannot enter anything into the field- what do I need to do?

I'm not able to type in the "Extra initialization commands"! Anyone knows why?

In the extra initialization command nothing is there , it will not let me type anything in. Whats the problem. Also, does AT&T charge for this
    If you're on vista, you have to go to the general tab first, click change settings on the bottom left (to run as admin), then you can add the command.

I've upgraded to newest os for 8100. I could get on net fine, but now I can't. I'm on Tmobile. I haven't Changed any settings, just os version.

First, check your apn settings on your bb to make sure it's there. Everytime i did an os update, my apn settings were blank.

**For others that don't have standard modem listed and can't add it:

You might want to uninstall the desktop manager and reinstall it. If you can't find or set up standard modem as well, do this. I was going crazy trying to find out why i couldn't set up standard modem or bb wasn't showing up as modem. I searched all over and have come to understand that sometimes the desktop manager gets messed up. After i did this, my comp had the standard modem showing on the list!

Awesome thread kcladygemini. Thanks!! I just had to do a few things different but basically followed most of your tutorial and am connected.
    Not sure if this has been posted, but with almost 30 pages in this thread, my eyes grew tired, lol. I basically followed the instructions, but it stuck at "Verifying User Name & PW". I called the rep at T-Mobiles BlackBerry customer service and she walked me through it. She had me go on my BB to Menu-->Settings-->Options-->Advanced Options-->TCP, and therein is where lay the problem. It was different than on your Extra initialization commands in IMPORTANT SPECIAL CONFIGURATION STEP. My APN was epc.tmobile.com.
    I had to use at+cgdcont=1,"IP","epc.tmobile.com" instead of +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com". (the rep had me add the "at" as well). Other than that it was basically word for word.
    Great work kcladygemini. Thanks again!!
    Long live CrackBerry!

edit: Also, not sure if this is important probably is. I have the unlimited BlackBerry BIS data plan.
    I have a 8320 curve and i am connected fine with tmobile but i was wanting to know if there is any way to speed up the downloads. 12 hours seems like a long toime to wait for the 5.0 device manager to download to my comp using my curve as modem
    Yes, make sure your apn settings on your phone matches the one you're adding to the command! Btw, i did not need to add "at".
    Also, I found that using the epc.tmobile.com is way faster than the wap.voicestream.com ! I am getting up to 500Kbps! It goes from 311-457Kbp mostly! and on my bb when i checked it was 410Kbps!!

Hope this helps! I am using my 8320 curve on EDGE. So, you prolly get faster than this due to use of 3G.

Too bad I'm switching to android- and i just figured this out today for myself...
    Last edited by Han-ShinBi; 11-05-10 at 07:31 AM.
    11-05-10 07:28 AM
    Have you heard from anyone if your method is safe with verizon wireless?
    11-09-10 12:53 PM
591 ... 21222324
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD