Confirmed working on Verizon Wireless using PDAnet. NOT using Tetherberry. PdaNet has unlimited free trial

Heres what I did for Bluetooth method. Can be done over USB as well, but requires small software installation on your computer.

Pre-Requisities: Smartphone with BT, valid data plan, and bluetooth notebook

1) Install PDAnet BB app through here PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem

2) Go to your Bluetooth settings and pair the device to your laptop/computer.

3) Once your device is paired with your computer, you should be able to create a new dial up network. Create dial up network using Standard Modem over Bluetooth link. Please input these values

Phone number: #777
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    Click connect, you should be able to login

If u have questions let me know, I can provide some help.
    09-08-09 05:36 PM
    I'm not able to type in the "Extra initialization commands"! Anyone knows why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 07:30 PM
    I'm pretty sure calls will come through unless you are actively requesting a web page

09-08-09 08:25 PM
    The phone will ring, caller ID will come up, data will flow.

Answer the call on a CDMA/EVDO Berry and the data will cease to flow.
    09-08-09 08:36 PM
    are you able to do registry hack on blackberries?
    09-08-09 11:51 PM
    william8081, in relation to what?
    09-09-09 10:40 AM
    hey you all i have the bb 8330 frome metro pcs and i tryed to put on my laptop but i have a problem, a did everything frome blackberry.com and its already connect but when a try to search some page its come blank or say im not connected to internet.......... how can i fix it ?????
    09-12-09 12:34 PM
    Forget it, solved my own problem, thanks.
    Last edited by Smurfy71; 09-12-09 at 01:34 PM.
    09-12-09 12:39 PM
    **** i'm trying to use my blackberry storm as a modem with Verizon as my ISP can anyone help me with this problem
    09-13-09 10:55 PM
    How do you load/open a 'jad' file?
    09-14-09 05:49 PM
    prev post was in regards to padnet, mentioned earlier
    09-14-09 05:50 PM
    from your BB Browser, it's an O.T.A. program installation file
    09-14-09 06:21 PM
    I've used the Sprint system for data connection for years with my Sanyo phones (without any extra charges), but I was getting the Sanyo drivers from datapilot or susteen. Also, it only works on certain Sanyo phones like the 8200 and 6650 (check Datapilot.com, they'll tell you which ones). The above instructions worked for me perfectly. As an added note, the standard modem could not be queried until I had the Blackberry Desktop manager open (I'm using ver 5.0), then it was ok. Once I set up the dial up connection however, it hooked up fine without the desktop manager being open. I also was able to receive an incoming call while I was connected. Once you are set up and working, then you can change the name of the connection (in "manage network connections") by right-clicking the standard modem and naming it something like Sprint Blackberry, then once again right click it and select "create shortcut" to put an icon on the desktop. Thereafter, just double click the desktop icon and click "dial"--5 seconds later, you're online. BTW I'm running Windows Vista on my computer. Most of the above instructions seemed to fit Windows XP, but obviously even a newbie like me can adapt for the Vista system. Thanks much for the help.
    09-14-09 06:26 PM
    hey you all i have the bb 8330 frome metro pcs and i tryed to put on my laptop but i have a problem, a did everything frome blackberry.com and its already connect but when a try to search some page its come blank or say im not connected to internet.......... how can i fix it ?????
    I'm having the same problem. Phone seems to connect fine, but when trying to open any web, internet explorer won't open it. I also have a BB8330 with Metro pcs.
    Any suggestions? Thanks
    09-14-09 09:26 PM
    Thanks for this, was wondering how to tether my blackberry.
    09-15-09 08:07 PM
    Hello everyone. Ok so I got to the last step where u put n the code,
    mine is tmobile n I have the 8900 curve. My labtop doesn't allow me to put the code in.
    I can't type anything. What can I do?
    09-22-09 07:16 PM
    Did you get it to work through US Cellular?!
    09-22-09 09:47 PM
    OMG the instructions worked beautifully! Thanks Op

But I'm curious - does tethering your BB use the carrier's data plan or voice plan?
    09-27-09 12:30 AM
    OMG the instructions worked beautifully! Thanks Op

But I'm curious - does tethering your BB use the carrier's data plan or voice plan?
    The data plan.

09-27-09 10:50 PM
    I have a Storm on the TMO network and keep getting a 6xx error saying the computer on the other end is not responding .. I have allowed the step set by RIM and here, my 8100 worked just fine till I tried teathering my Storm now I get the error code as with my Storm. I heard from a CSR tmo might get rid of teathering or have already, is this true?
    10-02-09 12:19 PM
    I have a 8320 curve and i am connected fine with tmobile but i was wanting to know if there is any way to speed up the downloads. 12 hours seems like a long toime to wait for the 5.0 device manager to download to my comp using my curve as modem
    10-02-09 02:36 PM
    You seem pretty up too date on this stuff. I 've used phone as modem on my curve , on Sprint #777 for 2 months...evryday no problems...until yesterday....error code 678 won't connect..remote host not answering...
    I have re-installed Blackberry manager, re-booted...no work...my son has a blackberry (shared account) his won't work on my laptop either...
    Can Sprint shut me off....yet my Blackberry works fine for e-mail and surfing...etc...

Tony
    10-03-09 06:38 PM
    Apparently Sprint figured out and cut off everyone tethering for free...
    I downloaded and installed Tetherberry in minutes...runs great...
    probably will pay the $50....I need laptop access on the road all the time...
    10-04-09 10:51 PM
    Apparently Sprint figured out and cut off everyone tethering for free...
    I downloaded and installed Tetherberry in minutes...runs great...
    probably will pay the $50....I need laptop access on the road all the time...
    Go to TetherBerry - Communication & Internet Blackberry Software and put in this promotion code, FP0011N3NBP64.

It will give you about $10 off.
    10-05-09 02:40 AM
    Does anyone know or has anyone tried tethering a BB with Virgin Mobile in Canada?

10-05-09 06:10 AM
591 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD