04-20-12 05:03 PM
699 ... 262728
tools
    I'm having the same problem as rolexrich.

I snagged the .662 update for my Tour, followed the instructions in that OS's thread, and my phone wasn't showing that it updated from .624. Came over here, and have followed every instruction to a tee from this thread and from the "why won't my..." thread, and nothing's happening. Have even uninstalled and reinstalled both the OS and BBDM to my computer.

OS unzips fine and seems to install to my computer, but doesn't seem to update my phone.
    05-16-10 06:31 PM
    thank you very much for posting this thread it relly helped me in gtting the leak of of os6 on my phone
    09-18-10 11:37 PM
    What's the reason for deleting the vendor file? I have verizon. Will it brick my phone if I leave it or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 02:02 AM
    Sorry Im a noob at this stuff but where do i download leaked os 6?
    10-14-10 08:54 PM
    ive looked everywhere online and cannot find the os. anyone know where it is?
    10-17-10 04:15 PM
    Just wanted to say thank you soooo much for this, just upgraded to 6.0 on my 9700 and this worked a treat. At last a simple and effective method that works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 04:11 PM
    hi im new to this updating trend i recently bought a flashed bb storm 9530 from verizon to pocket wireless i tried to updated to the newest leaked OS but i receive an error message saying tha it is only available to an active subscription something like that is there any way to update my phone since its not with verizons network but with pocket wireless please help as im really interested on how all this works PLEASE
    11-29-10 08:55 PM
    what can i delete to make room for a new OS without causing problems?
    12-12-10 05:16 PM
    Is it possible to install OS 6 on the BB Bold 9700, if i am not registered for Blackberry service?
    12-13-10 03:48 PM
    Upgrading from OS5 to OS6 on 9700...

I get this error:
    This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit.

Any suggestions?
    12-15-10 10:31 PM
    Is it a bad idea to install the OS for another bb model onto your phone? Because i have the tour and 6 os isn't out yet so i was thinking about updating my phone with the bold 6 os
    03-06-11 06:57 PM
    Thank you very much, now I am updating to the latest OS for my blackberry
    08-22-11 01:00 PM
    what can i delete to make room for a new OS without causing problems?
    i think its depend to what you need with your blackbery

i am un check maps, all the games , also only check language i use on my blackberry

if you want more you can do with " shrink " your OS
    08-23-11 12:06 AM
    how can i load the new software in my blackberry 9900 without using the desktop manager?
    11-04-11 05:36 AM
    great tutorial!
    11-20-11 10:31 AM
    Opps, wrong thread.

But yea, thanks. I'm about to do this.
    01-09-12 09:34 PM
    OMG!! i been trying for like 3 hours and still can't update my 9900, i'm on .250 and i want download the .590 from the sticky and i also delete the vendor.xml and still can't update!! WTF and my desktop manager is 6.1 which is the latest
    01-16-12 11:23 PM
    I installed 7.1 leaked version. Followed everything but dm and apploader cant detect the installed leaked os in my computer. please help.
    02-01-12 08:24 PM
    Hi guys. I'll try to help you install new os which is from the other carrier. Since I've had the same problem I was trying to figure it out a couple of times why my DM doesn't see the new OS if I followed the instructions, AppLoader neither did. I was even trying to install it using BBSAK but even this program couldn't see the new OS installed. So since the new OS 7.1 was annouced by Bell Mobility for my BB Curve 9360 I've decided that I won't give up
    Finally I upgraded to OS 7.1 I did it after reading a lot of instructions how to do it and trying a lot of manners. On my notebook(windows 7) it didn't work using the instruction from this post. then I went to my friends house to see some football game and it worked out on his notebook(vista 64bit - I don't know if this is significant) but in other manner. He was never trying to update OS, so everything was untouched (vendor,etc...). Just had the DM installed. My way how I did it was much easier I think and more clarify because switching off the internet and connecting to DM was useless:

1. I downloaded the new OS 7.1
    2. I deleted vendor.xml which is in c:/Program Files(86x)/Common Files/Reasearch In Motion/AppLoader/
    3. I installed the OS 7.1
    4. After installing the OS vendor.xml was created again. So I deleted it again.
    5. I connected my phone using USB cable(DM is switched off)
    6. I turned on Loader.exe which is in c:/Program Files(86x)/Common Files/Reasearch In Motion/AppLoader/
    7. Loader detected that my phone is connected, I pushed "next" and the all aplication to install showed, including the upgrade to the new OS 7.1. Then I followed the instructions and succeed

Hope that this instruction will help you guys as it did for me. I think on my notebook it will work either but I didn't try it since I've already udpdated my BB. Try to uninstall the OS that you have already installed on your windows and DM first if you have been trying to delete vendor already and changing something. then install DM as a new one and try to follow the instruction
    Last edited by kamilosg; 02-25-12 at 07:57 AM.
    02-25-12 07:52 AM
    I have a link to the newest BB OS downloads for all models. I'm new on here so Crackberry won't allow me to post a link. Will someone please get in touch with me so I can send it to you for posting? (You can check it out first of course, though I already have). It's super high speed and is a direct download to all the newest OSs for all BB's. Thanks.

Andy
    Last edited by adanziger; 02-27-12 at 10:07 AM. Reason: punctuation
    02-27-12 10:06 AM
    Anyone? Well this will be my 2nd post, only 8 to go and I'll be able to share the link myself. I downloaded 7.1.0.258 at 1 megabyte/sec and installed it with no problems last night. If anyone wants the link PM or email me and I'll send it to you. Newbie here so can't post link myself, yet.
    kamilosg likes this.
    02-28-12 01:32 PM
    OMG!! i been trying for like 3 hours and still can't update my 9900, i'm on .250 and i want download the .590 from the sticky and i also delete the vendor.xml and still can't update!! WTF and my desktop manager is 6.1 which is the latest

I am on windows 7 and I had the same problem. I've been trying to update my curve 9360 many times. Didn't work on W7 so I was updating it on Windows XP or Vista. Now I founded that there are other vendor.xml file in other location. I deleted it. I also deleted one in Program Files and update through Apploader works

Just download the newest O.S.(I uninstalled the previous one), install it and then delete the vendor in Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\ and the other one which should be in: C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\. To see it go to folders and searching options/view/enable to see hiden files and folders. After you delete both vendors connect your mobile phone, run apploader and after connecting you should see the update avaliable.
    04-03-12 01:38 PM
    ah, hmm, I just posted a help me thread. so disconnecting from the internet crucial? Is that fairly recent? I usually install a nuked bb w/o battery and has been working great until I tried to snag latest copies of 7.1. Rather than disconnecting from the internet, anyone have any idea what should be inputed into Hosts file to block loader from connecting to the net
    04-20-12 02:26 PM
    Why would you need to nuke the phone and remove the battery to install an OS? None of that is required, you are just making things hard on yourself. I also do not know why you would have to disconnect the computer from the internet, I've never done this.
    04-20-12 05:03 PM
699 ... 262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD