04-20-12 05:03 PM
699 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    I don't know if i'm even doing this right. haha
    03-24-09 09:55 PM
    OS .113 is awesome!!! I have been researching this whole leaked OS deal and am glad i took the risk to upgrade my phone. Now to upgrade my wife's phone. Thanks all of you who have posted all the fantastic help to make a noobie have an easy go at this. I am so glad that this site exists.

Anyways the differences I noticed were much better landscape/portrait switching, much more responsive scrolling, and an overall increase in my device's speed. I have a level program that is so much more accurate than what it was on .75. I've also found that my browser seems faster as well. Programs that access the internet seem to update faster as well which is awesome for keeping up to date on my brackets (March Madness for those who didn't grab that).

Again thanks for the leak and the awesome info for help!!!
    03-24-09 10:17 PM
    Will Calendar, contacts, picture, etc all be over written? If so, is it safe to open the backup file then restore these items?
    03-25-09 01:17 AM
    Don, your instructions were awesome! Upgrade went smooth. I have noticed so far that the camera is a lot faster as others have mentioned. Although I haven't noticed to big of a difference on the "Portrait" to "Landscape" mode from 4.7.0.75 as I wish I would have. Any suggestions there?

Thanks again...
    03-25-09 10:40 AM
    I've only been running .113 for 20 minutes but the message alert sounds work, full keyboard in vert mode, 38.6 free memory speed (with browser working 30.2 FM), camera speed from 6 second lag to 2, everything is running quicker and smoother.........Night and day from .75..........I'm a newb and was a freaked to wipe and load a new OS but it was worth it, so far! Thanks

Didn't have to load my 3rd party apps that i saved, i havn't found any that I'm missing yet?
    Last edited by Motofreakboy; 03-26-09 at 01:21 AM.
    03-26-09 01:02 AM
    Case of the missing Browser for all my fellow newbsters,

Options>Advanced options>Host routing Table>bb button>Register now.
    03-26-09 01:14 AM
    Does wiping it clean first help on memory issues? And how do you wipe it clean.
    03-26-09 01:35 PM
    dude! I keep getting the " ERROR Cannot Back-up Database(s)" within like the 1st minute of me trying to back up my berry. I deleted all my browser cache and history like it said. WTF?! Please help lol
    03-26-09 11:39 PM
    so if the .113 leak is so good can i have the link and how to install it? also instructions on how to downgrade to any other version if i dont like it?
    03-27-09 04:00 PM
    instructions are listed in the thread you just have to look around.

there's so much activity on this board that it's hard to keep tidy.
    03-27-09 10:54 PM
    Hey, this is my very first post, but i've got a question about installing the software 4.7.0.76, for some reason, after i install the firmware, when i open my blackberry desktop manager thing, there isn't anything shown in the application loader.. am i doing something wrong in the installation process?!?1
    03-29-09 08:16 PM
    Just installed .113, so much easier than I anticipated, now it is just a matter of restoring my backup information...
    03-29-09 10:52 PM
    I just installed .113 and its great other than the fact that theres no Browser icon. I assume that shouldn't happen. When i try to connect through another app it saysi dont have a Browser Configuration Service Book Entry. Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    03-30-09 01:17 AM
    I just upgraded to 113, but all my contacts are missing from it. I got the error message displayed here. I did a backup before just like in the origina linstructions, do I just restore form that? I see my applications are there fine, and it looks like eeveryting else is working. I dont want to do a restore of something and it's gonna mess it up even more.

Warnings were encountered during the loading process:

Application data could not be restored to the device. The backup data file has been saved to C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\LoaderBackup-(2009-04-01)ipd. You can use the Desktop Manger Backup/restore tool to restore this information.

Service book injections was unsuccessful.
    04-01-09 02:12 PM
    I have never done an upgrade yet. Still running .75. Rooster has said using the Control Panel>Add/Remove and uninstall the current device software. Will the device software be listed as the version name or did I miss something?
    04-01-09 05:37 PM
    I think my new OS is loading?

I never "picked my OS" when I went into software update, I just installed the new OS, followed the instructions, and when it said "update the following" I went ahead with it....didn't see my saved OS anywhere...

now the phone backed up, loaded app modules, and is "connecting to device" for a long time.

Am I on the right track?
    04-01-09 09:08 PM
    hi there im new to this whole thing but i want to upgrade my OS , my blackberry storm is unlocked and i just recently installed at&t service books in it and got the internet and email to work with the device, by installing a new OS ill all of the above need to be redone or will they be disrupted in anyway ?
    04-02-09 01:09 AM
    So I upgraded... Everything seems fine. However Blackberry Messenger didn't install??? What went wrong and where/how can I rectify?

Thanks in advance.

B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 07:44 AM
    This was very helpful and surprisingly easy to do. I've had .113 running now for about 18 hours and no problems thus far. Thanks!
    04-03-09 01:07 PM
    Thank you for the great tip, Don. After successfully updating the OS is it okay to go to Windows Add/Remove and delete "BlackBerry Device Software v4.7.0 for the BlackBerry 9530 smartphone?" The size is 137.00 MB. Or does it need to stay?

Thank you!
    04-04-09 07:27 PM
    I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 for verizon. I am new to the system upgrades and do not know what to do. What os should i upgrade to 113 or 114? How do I do this anyone one that can help walk me through this it would be appreciatted
    04-05-09 02:00 PM
    If I don't feel like upgrading a leaked OS partly because I have a mac and I can't, but also for fear of messing some stuff up, when is the next official update coming out? I'm still running .75 and battery life isn't very good at all and I've heard .113 makes it a lot better.
    04-05-09 09:08 PM
    Do I need to downgrade if I am running that crap called .114?
    04-06-09 12:41 PM
    Oh Lordy. I followed all of the steps ...everything seemed to go great. However, when I attempted to connect to DM it wouldn't recognize phone. When I tried disconnecting phone and reconnecting I hit the power button which obviously turned it off. Now I cant get it to startup. Any suggestions?
    04-07-09 09:33 AM
    Updated my .75 to .113 yesterday and everything went smoothly except I don't get the full QWERTY keyboard when I switch to the portrait view... Anyone else have this problem? Any help?
    04-07-09 09:37 AM
699 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD