msn messenger [email protected]
    03-03-09 06:51 AM
    im logged in and have added you on msn
    03-03-09 06:54 AM
    i have been holding out on updating and decided to bite the bullet and update from .78 to .109

i downloaded the file installed the .exe and followed the instructions to the letter, and im getting the same issue as a few others have had, i cant find the installed .109 anywhere on my pc to update my phone.

i have tried going to application loader -> update in DM and it wasnt there (no updates are available), i tried to use the loader.exe and it wasnt showing there, im on vodaphone in the uk so i deleted the vendor.xml, still nothing. i uninstalled both the update and the DM and reinstalled them both to default locations on the c: drive. and i made sure my network cable was unplugged so i wanst on the internet.

has anyone had any issues like this and got it fixed? i really want to get .109 on my phone now and cant get my head around why it doesnt seem to be showing anywhere on my pc!

Be SURE to disconnect from the 'net before you try the update. Once it's installed on your computer (click the .exe file FIRST to install it completely, THEN do the update using DM), be sure to disconnect so the system does not look for official updates. Should be fine from there. Is your system able to access wireless internet? If so, you need to be sure to block that temporarily.
    03-03-09 08:27 AM
    i couldn't have done it without these instructions. Thanks!!!!!
    03-03-09 10:14 AM
    I have been avoiding this for a long time, but all went well. Thanks for the instructon's.
    03-03-09 02:08 PM
    Not sure if this has been asked before but...
    desktop manager will not recognize my 9530, the only way i can get it to connect is through bluetooth, is it safe to update my OS this way?

My computer does recognize that I plugged my BB into it but desktop manager wont for some reason, I've tried everything i can think of but it still says "device not found"
    any help is much appreciated.
    03-03-09 02:48 PM
    sounds like you didn't install the driver
    03-03-09 06:18 PM
    I recently had my storm replaced and wanted to update my new one. So, I downloaded the .exe, ran it, disconnected the internet and tried updated via DM and .109 still isn't in the update list. With the internet disconnected it says there are no updates for the phone. I had no problems updating my old one (even with the internet in). Anyone have any idea?
    03-03-09 07:32 PM
    hey i have a question.

can i directly update my OS from .75 to .109 without updating it first to .103 or .106?

my storm is 9530 btw, can anyone help me on how to update this thing? im really new in using blackberry and upgrading it.
    03-03-09 08:40 PM
    yes you can
    follow the instructions on the 1st page and you'll be fine
    03-03-09 08:53 PM
    ok i need some help please. i've been through these forums for the last 4 hours. I love and hate my storm,, love the phone hate the lagg and resets. I am running 4.7.075 and want to go to 109. I've tried but i can't get it to show up in dm list. All my other ones are there. I've tried disconnecting internet and when i do that i just get no update avail.
    I"m so close to throwing this thing out the window. This is my 1st bb and i see potential but Screw Verizon for releasing such a buggy phone. Coming off a Win mobile device i'm not impressed. At least i could sync my freaking calandar and contacts over the air free. I do love the texting on the BB much better which i do a ton of so i am really trying to stick it out Help Plz!!!!

JT
    03-03-09 09:05 PM
    ok i need some help please. i've been through these forums for the last 4 hours. I love and hate my storm,, love the phone hate the lagg and resets. I am running 4.7.075 and want to go to 109. I've tried but i can't get it to show up in dm list. All my other ones are there. I've tried disconnecting internet and when i do that i just get no update avail.
    I"m so close to throwing this thing out the window. This is my 1st bb and i see potential but Screw Verizon for releasing such a buggy phone. Coming off a Win mobile device i'm not impressed. At least i could sync my freaking calandar and contacts over the air free. I do love the texting on the BB much better which i do a ton of so i am really trying to stick it out Help Plz!!!!

JT
    all your other what?
    03-03-09 10:42 PM
    my older versions of the os
    03-04-09 01:33 AM
    Hi
    Just order my first blackberry the storm. I have and use an imac at home so first few questions. What do i need to do to the phone straight out of the box to make it better , more usable? how do i go about upgrade the firmware/software and where from and does it make much difference?
    help please
    many thanks
    nic
    03-04-09 07:06 AM
    Installed .109. Works great except after battery pull I get the following message:"Uncought Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException". Any ideas why?
    03-04-09 07:31 AM
    A few things here that I can't seem to get right. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

I DL .109 and it is showing on my Add/Remove Programs screen. However, it won't see it on the update screen. I have disabled Automatic Updates from DM, and even removed and reinstalled DM, but it still won't show up on the list (.65 and .75 are showing). I also have done the disconnecting from the internet trick as well, but to no avail.

I have also tried loading it from App Loader. It doesn't show up there either, just MySpace, Facebook, Google Maps, etc.

I also tried Loader.exe and it asks for .alx files and There is a listing of files, but none with the OS.

Any ideas?
    03-04-09 09:57 AM
    Pm, PIN me I would like to find out what problems are.
    MSN messenger [email protected]
    03-04-09 10:43 AM
    A few things here that I can't seem to get right. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

I DL .109 and it is showing on my Add/Remove Programs screen. However, it won't see it on the update screen. I have disabled Automatic Updates from DM, and even removed and reinstalled DM, but it still won't show up on the list (.65 and .75 are showing). I also have done the disconnecting from the internet trick as well, but to no avail.

I have also tried loading it from App Loader. It doesn't show up there either, just MySpace, Facebook, Google Maps, etc.

I also tried Loader.exe and it asks for .alx files and There is a listing of files, but none with the OS.

Any ideas?
    Yeah Im having the same problem... I loaded it up... and it made me restart the computer and now im stuck because i dont see the OS in the Updates section of my BB Manager. WTF do I do? im new to the upgrade game so im sure im missing something simple.

--
    Drop me a line
    03-04-09 12:32 PM
    Oadslinger just sent you email. Will try to help you
    03-04-09 12:36 PM
    im using the 9530 one. which OS should be compatible with it? is it the .103, .106 or .109? or which one?
    03-04-09 01:37 PM
    I have had the same problem trying to find the application after download. No matter what I try, all I see is .65 and .75 as options..... How do I get the .109 to show up onthe DM. Any help would be awesome
    03-05-09 09:37 AM
    hey i just upgraded my storm from .75 directly to .109 and it works just fine.. im so happy rite noww, it goes really well thanks for the help
    03-05-09 01:32 PM
    Hey i am new to this blackberry thing but i was told i could find some updates in here for my os and how to install them. Can anyone point me in the right direction (possibly send me some links to the download and directions to install them) any help would be great thanks!
    03-05-09 03:30 PM
    Go to this site they are keeping all the leaked updates
    Any questions on install let me know

Operating Software - BlackberryOS.com
    03-05-09 03:35 PM
    Where is the file to download? I'm looking everywhere!
    03-05-09 08:33 PM
699 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD