04-20-12 05:03 PM
699 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    02-26-09 12:45 PM
    sweet this is gonna be a big help
    02-26-09 03:27 PM
    OK, I'm stuck. I downloaded 9530AllLang_PBr4.7.0_rel153_PL4.0.0.136_A4.7.0.109 .exe, followed Don Nguyen's instructions (including disconnecting from internet), clicked Start in "Update Software" side of Application Loader, and got msg "No software update is required for your device." I have NOT loaded prior OS leaks, so there's no previous version on my computer to delete, AFAIK. Device came from Verizon with .075 installed. What am I missing?
    02-26-09 07:26 PM
    Have you tried loading with out DM
    PM me and I will help if you want
    02-26-09 07:30 PM
    when upgrading with a VZW storm as the original post states that I don't have to delete the vendor.xml...just making sure that is still true with the .109 update...lol...

i know n00b question....lol...just nervous about upgrading and screwing something up...
    02-26-09 07:44 PM
    Screw this i cant even find the stupid page or download info anywhere!! This is more frustrating than dealing with the POS storm! gets more frustrating every day! And yes i have done searches for OS downloads Assistance and every other word regarding downloading this stinking leaked os I know I am forgetting something or missing something but dang!!
    02-26-09 09:10 PM
    Bookmark this website they will be keeping all leaked OS

BlackberryOS.com - Index
    02-26-09 09:13 PM
    .109 is like sprint, here today , gone tommorow. Every like for it is always shut down. Is there ANYONE that has a good link for the software????
    02-26-09 09:14 PM
    This must be a Heck of an OS if noone can find it and all the links are disabled!
    02-26-09 09:37 PM
    .109 is like sprint, here today , gone tommorow. Every like for it is always shut down. Is there ANYONE that has a good link for the software????
    ?? There's a thread specifically for it.

hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f132/official-storm-9500-4-7-0-109-os-thread-165989/[/url]
    02-26-09 10:21 PM
    I just download another one from the site I just gave out. What are you looking for? They are all there.

Blackberry OS
    02-26-09 10:26 PM
    So this thread might have reached it's usability but after installing .109...

In DM, AppLoader, Add/Remove Applications, it still wants to update my software. For example, if I hit 'next' it was going to update the 4.7 software again, but I don't know what to and hit cancel. I am positive I have .109 installed. Is this just something buggy about the beta version communicating with DM? Do I need a further update? Obviously this isn't a problem at all, I'm just curious.
    02-26-09 10:27 PM
    mine did the same thing.
    I upgraded from .75 to .109 tonight.

It seems like it wants to update your dm but it ACTUALLY is going to upgrade your device. just do it.

I have to warn you though, the wash out of the screen color and resolution is horrible!
    I'm very disappointed. This really needs to be fixed.
    Seems they increased the device speed by decreasing screen resolution.
    02-27-09 12:53 AM
    Wow thanks! sorry i was a little frustrated last night. downloaded this morning and will let you know how it goes!
    02-27-09 07:06 AM
    I am new to Blackberry world and a proud owner of 9530. I have been thinking a lot to upgrade the OS from .75 ever since I started using it. With all the step by step instructions, discussions I was able to upgrade to .109..it was just simple..thanks a lot to everyone out here who takes the effort/time to help others. Thanks guys. I have become a big fan of this forum.
    02-27-09 08:51 AM
    i just upgraded my storm to the new OS and works fine, but i have one minor issue with my aim sound, does anyones aim default sounds work? i triend reinstalling it and still the same....
    02-27-09 10:03 AM
    Hello Everyone!

I am pretty good at CPU and understand most of the stuff being discussed but I need help. I want to take the plunge and install .109 but the thread is very confusing and I was wondering if someone can help me out. I am not sure about the back up and then there is mention of a loader. If someone can help me out with maybe pictures it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-27-09 10:42 AM
    Good morning! I am trying to make a back up, I folow instruction, from Don Nugen
    "Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option. NOTE: If you get an error during this process, clear your browser cache (Browser > Menu Key > options > cache operation > clear all of them)"
    Tank it work well at the first lock 20% approximatively, but still lock up at almost 90% done, under what I am able to read "Task Option" is there sombody able to help, I read a lot but didn't find or miss reading please help Tank you!
    02-27-09 12:20 PM
    When I yelled for help last night, I got an immediate response, and great help, from a fellow cracker I've never met -- this is a great community! OS .109 now working great. There does seem to be a slight memory leak when downloading anything -- has anybody else noticed this?
    02-27-09 03:50 PM
    having difficulty getting .109 to load..I've downloaded it from two diffrernt sites, one of which I had to unzip after downloading which allowed me to start some setup wizard. After running that and then plugging back into DM, nothing shows up when I click application loader. Was new to upgrades and am trying to take the plunge but having little luck. Any suggestions?
    02-27-09 06:50 PM
    PM me I will be glad to help you.
    02-27-09 07:06 PM

I am pretty good at CPU and understand most of the stuff being discussed but I need help. I want to take the plunge and install .109 but the thread is very confusing and I was wondering if someone can help me out. I am not sure about the back up and then there is mention of a loader. If someone can help me out with maybe pictures it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    My reco for a back up - Open Desktop Manager (4.7) - click Backup and Restore. - click "Advanced" - Select every database under Device Database - click the arrow to bring them over to your computer - click File - Click save - save somewhere. This will ensure every last little setting on your phone is backed up. You will need this file later, because at least for me, after .109 was installed it won't restore your settings automatically for you, which is no big deal. This is when you do a manual restore (same place, just click restore) and select the file you made earlier. As for App Loader, at the main menu of Desktop Manager there is Application Loader. However at least for me it just automatically found .109 on my computer (Vista) and I didn't need to click this.
    02-27-09 07:31 PM
    I am unable to install BB Maps after upgrading to .109, I guess BB Maps is needed for WeatherBug to work. I installed Weatherbug on .109 and couldn't open and eventually my phone crashed..tried battery pulls, cleared cache and never got it working. Please suggest if someone have installed BB Maps on .109? Thanks
    02-27-09 09:41 PM
    Yes you have to have BB Maps installed for WB to work. I am running .109 with WB
    Go back to app loader and install.
    02-27-09 09:46 PM
    When I go back to App Loader it prompts me to upgrade to 4.7 core applications, I am unable to deselect this and just go with Maps.
    02-27-09 09:49 PM
699 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD