04-20-12 05:03 PM
699 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I have my Storm unlock and use AT&T, but i still have the VZN account and sometimes use VZN, Do I still delete the vendor file?
    01-22-09 10:57 AM
    Sorry about that..

01-22-09 10:58 AM
    Looks like it just didn't include all the apps in my pin file for some reason????
    01-22-09 10:58 AM
    the only thing that catches my eye is the <unknown>

can you copy and paste that content in here for me?
    01-22-09 11:30 AM
    here is all of it

<loader version="1.0"><application id="AccelerometerDemo:&lt;unknown&gt;"><name>Accel erometerDemo</name><description></description><version>0.0</version><vendor>&lt;unknown&gt;</vendor><copyright></copyright><language langid="0x0809"><name>AccelerometerDemo</name><description></description><version>0.0</version><vendor>&lt;unknown&gt;</vendor><copyright></copyright></language><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    AccelerometerDemo
    </files></fileset></application><application id="CareerBuilder:mDog Corp"><name>CareerBuilder</name><description></description><version>1.0.43</version><vendor>mDog Corp</vendor><copyright></copyright><language langid="0x0809"><name>CareerBuilder</name><description></description><version>1.0.43</version><vendor>mDog Corp</vendor><copyright></copyright></language><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    careerbuilder
    </files></fileset></application><application id="GPS Tracker:InstaMapper LLC"><name>GPS Tracker</name><description></description><version>1.6.0</version><vendor>InstaMapper LLC</vendor><copyright></copyright><language langid="0x0809"><name>GPS Tracker</name><description></description><version>1.6.0</version><vendor>InstaMapper LLC</vendor><copyright></copyright></language><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    GPSTracker
    </files></fileset></application><application id="QuickPull:Zaventh Ventures"><name>QuickPull</name><description>Quickly simulates a battery pull reset on your device.</description><version>1.1.2</version><vendor>Zaventh Ventures</vendor><copyright></copyright><language langid="0x0809"><name>QuickPull</name><description>Quickly simulates a battery pull reset on your device.</description><version>1.1.2</version><vendor>Zaventh Ventures</vendor><copyright></copyright></language><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    QuickPull
    </files></fileset></application></loader>
    01-22-09 11:38 AM
    here is all of it

<loader version="1.0"><application id="CareerBuilder:mDog Corp"><name>CareerBuilder</name><description></description><version>1.0.43</version><vendor>mDog Corp</vendor><copyright></copyright><language langid="0x0809"><name>CareerBuilder</name><description></description><version>1.0.43</version><vendor>mDog Corp</vendor><copyright></copyright></language><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    careerbuilder
    </files></fileset></application><application id="GPS Tracker:InstaMapper LLC"><name>GPS Tracker</name><description></description><version>1.6.0</version><vendor>InstaMapper LLC</vendor><copyright></copyright><language langid="0x0809"><name>GPS Tracker</name><description></description><version>1.6.0</version><vendor>InstaMapper LLC</vendor><copyright></copyright></language><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    GPSTracker
    </files></fileset></application><application id="QuickPull:Zaventh Ventures"><name>QuickPull</name><description>Quickly simulates a battery pull reset on your device.</description><version>1.1.2</version><vendor>Zaventh Ventures</vendor><copyright></copyright><language langid="0x0809"><name>QuickPull</name><description>Quickly simulates a battery pull reset on your device.</description><version>1.1.2</version><vendor>Zaventh Ventures</vendor><copyright></copyright></language><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    QuickPull
    </files></fileset></application></loader>
    copy and paste this to your alx file....you'll have to reload the accelerometer demo...

this is just a guess, but it looks like the accelerometer demo was the one causing problems
    01-22-09 12:20 PM
    I also can get .90 to install on the dm. any help Please ??
    01-22-09 12:50 PM
    copy and paste this to your alx file....you'll have to reload the accelerometer demo...

this is just a guess, but it looks like the accelerometer demo was the one causing problems

That worked.... You are the man.... Thanks again Don!!!!
    01-22-09 03:19 PM
    awesome....figured those characters threw it off
    01-22-09 03:58 PM
    Sorry to bug you Don. I've looked around to see if its recommended to do a complete wipe prior to updating OS and all seems to be opinion. Any thoughts? I've always just loaded one on top of the other but wondering if I'm hanging on to bugs? Thanks in advance :-)
    01-22-09 04:05 PM
    is there any way i can download the new OS if im using a Mac?
    01-22-09 04:27 PM
    It can be done. I read a post regarding it somewhere here on cb. Search and I'm sure you'll find it.
    01-22-09 05:00 PM
    darko, you do not need to wipe...that is your choice

rjr, you need to use VMware....if you're not comfortable with that, find a friend with a PC
    01-22-09 06:14 PM
    im doing something wrong but i dont know what, i d/l .90 to my desktop, after d/l i double clicked it and ran installation, opened up bbdm went to app loader, then update, offed my internet, it showed updated core apps, and help, i connected and... STILL RUNNING .75. please help
    01-22-09 08:06 PM
    i currently have version .85 on my verizon storm 9530 and was wondering if you knew how to update to a beta without using the usb cable. i want to update to .88 is there a way to do it via blue tooth?
    01-22-09 08:50 PM
    im doing something wrong but i dont know what, i d/l .90 to my desktop, after d/l i double clicked it and ran installation, opened up bbdm went to app loader, then update, offed my internet, it showed updated core apps, and help, i connected and... STILL RUNNING .75. please help
    also , i tried adding the .90 file but its not in the .ali form, it looks just the same file, (looks like exe) so when i add it in app loader in dm, it says no files for your device
    01-22-09 08:55 PM
    i currently have version .85 on my verizon storm 9530 and was wondering if you knew how to update to a beta without using the usb cable. i want to update to .88 is there a way to do it via blue tooth?
    I'd do it using a USB cable since USB is faster than the bluetooth connection, which will be killed once the phone reboots
    01-22-09 11:07 PM

I actually just had a very similar situation as you. I went from .75 - .90. I followed the instructions to the t, and went with the loader.exe route.

It also showed all my core apps and whatnot, but I didn't see any place to switch the OS. If you look at the top tab, there's a "more" slot. I clicked that out of curiousity, and it showed my current build, .75, and then an available build, .90, next to it.

I just crossed my fingers and kept clicking next. The whole update process only too 15 min, but once the phone turned back on, I checked the OS and it says .90.

So, my recommendation is to check the More tab, to see if the loader.exe is recognizing the .90 OS on your computer, and if so, just keep clicking next.

Edit**
    Did a restart and I got the media card inserted, followed by the VSOD. yay!

double Edit**
    Did a bat pull. Back to normal. For now. woohooo.
    Last edited by rubrown; 01-23-09 at 12:11 AM.
    01-22-09 11:58 PM
    Haha. Tad new to updating the OS I was referred by a friend to do it to try and fix the bugs that I had in .75. Well while trying to upload to .90 I got a fatal error on my BBM at the same time my phone now has a white screen and says App Error 205 Reset. I can't connect my phone to BBM anymore and I can't seem to do a restore. Any Advice?
    01-23-09 12:18 AM
    Great post thank you
    01-23-09 02:34 AM
    I actually just had a very similar situation as you. I went from .75 - .90. I followed the instructions to the t, and went with the loader.exe route.

It also showed all my core apps and whatnot, but I didn't see any place to switch the OS. If you look at the top tab, there's a "more" slot. I clicked that out of curiousity, and it showed my current build, .75, and then an available build, .90, next to it.

I just crossed my fingers and kept clicking next. The whole update process only too 15 min, but once the phone turned back on, I checked the OS and it says .90.

So, my recommendation is to check the More tab, to see if the loader.exe is recognizing the .90 OS on your computer, and if so, just keep clicking next.

Edit**
    Did a restart and I got the media card inserted, followed by the VSOD. yay!

double Edit**
    Did a bat pull. Back to normal. For now. woohooo.

Where is this MORE tab? sorry im kind of new to this updating proccess
    01-23-09 06:55 AM
    VERIZON PEOPLE LOOK HERE
    -delete the stupid vendor file
    -go into control pannel add/remove programs. Click on the desktop software and click modify. Then disable the automatic update, and make sure when it asks u in the end to disable auto update as well. Then it will do what it has to do (you will need to have the desktop software file either on the computer or a CDROM since the install/unistall wizard might ask you for it.

-Once thats done. Unplug your internet(to be extra safe - thats like wearing 2 condoms at once)
    -then launch the stupid desktop manager and go to application loader tand do the update. It will work if you do this. PLUS wipe your device completey if you want it to run nice and smooth.
    This 90 file has a vendor that will stop your upgrade...delete it!
    01-23-09 08:43 AM
    it doesn't hurt to ever delete the vendor file
    01-23-09 10:15 AM
    thanks for all the help, im FINALLY, up and running .90 with few bugs, thanks again
    01-23-09 11:30 AM
    i tried to update my phone and it gave me an error message can any one help on what I need to do to get it to work agian thanks
    01-23-09 03:19 PM
699 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD