where are there links to download leaked BB OSs can someone please post a link, thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 10:26 AM
    when i go into the application loader and click start, it goes thru the motions and then shows the latest update (5.0.0) with an asterisk * next to it. below the box it says 'this update only available to current blackberry service subscribers'. when i click the new update and then ok/start/whatever, the update is not available in the next window... any ideas?
    08-02-09 02:30 AM
    can you help me please i have posted messages and now i cant find them but i am trying to download the .151 hybrid. i have tried so many times i am sooo stupid when it comes to this bb. i had in 5 years 6 treo/palms and i switched to bb storm 9530 this march and i am completly lost. i have heard so many people say that this will help with memory loss and that you can do the the all in one launche with it and ummmm it is sooo not working. please can you walk me through this process. i have read the pages and pages on lyiricals posts for the hybrids but i dont get it.
    08-19-09 02:01 PM
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download the leaked OS
    2. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option. NOTE: If you get an error during this process, clear your browser cache (Browser > Menu Key > options > cache operation > clear all of them)
    3. Back up your 3rd party apps. How to backup 3rd party applications
    4. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    5. Download desired OS to your PC
    6. Install/run OS to PC
    7. If you are NOT on Verizon, delete vendor.xml file. It�s located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    8. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should
    9. Click Application Loader
    10. Click Update
    11. At this point, disconnect your computer from the internet
    12. Select the OS you would like to load and continue
    13. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 20-90 minutes to complete upgrade.

Note: Make sure to back up your phone and third party apps prior to updating in case something goes wrong in the update process

[Bd]Other threads of interest:[/B]

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/wh...l-file-120048/

Install leaked/beta OS's at your own risk. I, nor Crackberry, will not accept responsibility if you brick your phone.
    So if on verizon do you never have to delete vendor file?

09-08-09 03:38 AM
    Sorry bout the above post not sure how to selet just a section but my question is if your on verizon do you ever have to delete the vendor file?

09-08-09 03:44 AM
    Sorry for the basic question, as I am a noob, but I have read a lot of places about uninstalling previous versions before doing an upgrade. How exactly do you uninstall an OS from the PC?

Thanks,

Mike
    09-23-09 04:55 PM
    Instead of disconnecting from the internet you can do ctrl+alt+del and kill the process BbDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManager.exe
    This was so immensely helpful to me. I kept getting the 507 error no matter WHAT I did. This did the trick. Thanks!!!
    10-05-09 01:43 AM
    question w/ updating/installing new os. can i click cancel on the task in progress window(the final windw as its loading everything)? i was told not to unplug the phone cuz it will brik it. wondering if clicking cancel and retrying it is ok
    10-24-09 04:30 PM
    Hi i have a blackberry storm 9530 for telus and ive been desperately trying to download the new 5.0.0.328 os and update it to my phone ive gone into my control panel and made sure that my desired os is the only one installed and i also deleted the vendor xml but no matter how i do it (using the loader in the apploader folder or using DM) my computer is just not detecting my 5.0 os for my phone plz help me as i am slowly going insane
    10-28-09 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the post!!
    10-28-09 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the info! This helped me a lot
    11-14-09 11:18 AM
    because when you're loading a leaked OS, it will see the latest OS and tell you that you don't need an update. with the internet disconnected, it will search your computer for the latest OS as opposed to the internet
    Hi, my windows xp simply wont find this new upgrade on my computer,
    its in control panel under add or delete programs I see it there!
    Ive downloaded BBSAK, that doesn't find it either.

Please help
    11-25-09 01:20 PM
    just downloaded 5.0 for my bold this tutorial worked flawlessly. thanks
    11-26-09 11:20 AM
    Has anyone tried updating their Verizon Tour with the leaked 5.0.0.230 using the new blackberry desktop v5.0.1, I followed all the steps, backed up, removed old os versions and turned my wireless radio off and the desktop software does not notice the downloaded leak as an upgrade or possible new version. do i need to alter anything after i run the setup wizard and download to my hard drive, I even checked if it was in the right directory.

Has anyone else had this issue, do i need to hard reset or wipe before I try to load the leaked 5.0?
    11-28-09 01:03 PM
    1. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should

...it should... what?
    12-15-09 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the info very useful. Just installed .428 for my storm2 my 1st leak ever installed
    12-19-09 02:12 AM
    It didn't worked out for me guys it was a horror
    12-20-09 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the guide, worked a treat for me.
    12-25-09 03:49 PM
    I'm gonna give it another try to update my os hopefully everything goes good for me today.

12-26-09 07:27 AM
    step 11.At this point, disconnect your computer from the internet

Is that really necessary?
    01-09-10 12:13 PM
    I am the kind of guy who enjoys to taste hot stuff Presently I'm making my hold pv panels I'm making it all by myself without the assistance of my staff I'm utilizing the net as the only way to acheive this I encountered a very brilliant site which explains how to build pv panels and so on The place explains all the steps required to constructing pv panels

I'm not exactly sure bout how correct the information given there is If some experts over here who have experience with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the thread it will be grand and I'd extremely appreciate it, cauze I truly passion solar-panel-construction com]solar panel construction

Thanks for reading this U people are great
    01-09-10 12:27 PM
    step 11.At this point, disconnect your computer from the internet

Is that really necessary?
    Yes it is. This is because DM will try to connect to BB servers and find official OS updates and not allow you access to leak/beta OS that reside on your computer.
    01-09-10 12:46 PM
    Im trying to update my 8900 with the new 5.0.0.411 o.s...ive deleted the vendor file, disconnected from the internet, reinstalled, almost everything Ive seen on here to do, but when I try to upload the os w/ apploader it tells me its not compatable with my device so i cant install it...is it just me?..do i need to try a different os or am i just doing something wrong...please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-09-10 02:51 PM
    Hi all,

Just registered. I'm not usually interested in upgrading to new stuff that is not an official release but I did upgrade to .428 following the instructions at the start of the post and all worked well. It took 28 minutes from start to finish but there were no hiccups.
    01-10-10 03:32 PM
    I get to 4 of 11, Connecting to Device Rom, the red LED comes on, shuts off, then the phone just shuts off and it can't connect. Says uploading RAM image, then I get "Application loader could not connect to your device. Please ensure your device is connected and retry" Then I do, and it still doesn't connect. The I get an Red X unspecified error encountered [A:Xbunch of zeros and a 1] Any one have any ideas?
    Last edited by meyer; 01-11-10 at 11:17 AM.
    01-11-10 10:34 AM
699 ... 2425262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD