Sorry to be so lame, but step no 6 says to install/run the O/S on the Blackberry. I'm a newbie with Blackberrys and don't know how to accomplish that. A little help here? Thanks.
    04-15-09 07:08 PM
    Do you know if you have to do the thing where you have to call to activate your phone? I noticed DM said that when I was upgrading and was a little worried.

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently you don't lol. Forgive me, I'm new to upgrading to leaked OS's so I was unsure if my phone would work afterwards lol. ^.^
    Last edited by amavit; 04-16-09 at 12:21 AM.
    04-15-09 11:45 PM
    Can someone send me the link to the LATEST Leak? All of them seem to not work for me... not sure why but they just wont...

Please and Thank You.

~Cheech~
    04-16-09 10:34 PM
    ok so i have gone from os .114 to v3 to v3.5.1 down to 3.5 and again back to v3. i like that one best. but anyway im not like the sharpest tool in the shed i guess but i have been doing these with butterflies in my stomach. so i was wondering if u were to brick the phone what would it do? and how would u mess the upgrade up even?
    04-17-09 10:09 AM
    Why did this get unstickied? It is very useful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 10:40 AM
    Why did this get unstickied? It is very useful

Because a much easier simpler guide was posted in it's place. Check the CB main page or check here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/
    04-17-09 10:42 AM
    ok so i have gone from os .114 to v3 to v3.5.1 down to 3.5 and again back to v3. i like that one best. but anyway im not like the sharpest tool in the shed i guess but i have been doing these with butterflies in my stomach. so i was wondering if u were to brick the phone what would it do? and how would u mess the upgrade up even?
    If u brick... U wipe (jlcmndr) and start over. Its hard to brick these things and when u do its easy to fix. As long as you've proven u tried searching the folks here will line up to help u if u have issues. Also since ur using bbcracks hybrids bbos has great cust. Service. No worries

04-17-09 10:45 AM
    Because a much easier simpler guide was posted in it's place. Check the CB main page or check here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/
    Hah did see the new word. It used to say just downgrad right? If not I'm losing my mind lol.... Thanks

04-17-09 10:47 AM
    Hah did see the new word. It used to say just downgrad right? If not I'm losing my mind lol.... Thanks

It's brand new. It was only posted today. Before there were two separate guides, now theres one for both.
    04-17-09 10:50 AM
    not letting me back up keep getting error message cache empty ?
    04-25-09 09:22 PM
    Try this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

04-25-09 10:55 PM
    Worked Great Thanks
    04-25-09 11:27 PM
    I just got my storm a week or 2 ago and...I am sooooooooooo confused!!! i have verizon and i download the OS version i want and when its finished installing it opens my desktop manager so i go to update and it oly shows my current OS and a downgrade version PLEASE HELP!!
    04-25-09 11:31 PM
    I just got my storm a week or 2 ago and...I am sooooooooooo confused!!! i have verizon and i download the OS version i want and when its finished installing it opens my desktop manager so i go to update and it oly shows my current OS and a downgrade version PLEASE HELP!!
    Look at my post above or in my signature, it has a link to the thread with the resources. You need to delete the vendor.xml file, which is located under

c>program files>common files>Research in motion>app loader. Scroll to the bottom and delete it. Then in that same folder double click on loader.exe and it will update the phone for you. Good luck.

P.S. Make sure you back up first.
    04-26-09 12:15 AM
    I cant find the files ur talking about!!! can i ddownload this streight on my blackberry or does it HAVE to be on my computer?
    04-26-09 11:26 AM
    I cant find the files ur talking about!!! can i ddownload this streight on my blackberry or does it HAVE to be on my computer?
    04-26-09 11:39 AM
    Justin hit me on msn messenger and I can try to help you
    sorry i dont have msn...haha uhmm...do u have a facebook???
    04-26-09 11:43 AM
    apparently imma noob and im trying to figure out how to put the os on the desktop manager so i can update my phone, i have all the other steps completed..... i just need to get this freakin thing on the application loader!
    05-03-09 11:01 AM
    apparently imma noob and im trying to figure out how to put the os on the desktop manager so i can update my phone, i have all the other steps completed..... i just need to get this freakin thing on the application loader!
    Welcome to the party.

What OS are you trying to use? Most of them are simply executables that you click to run and they install themselves. Some of the hybrids need to be copied and pasted to specific folders.

Remove all of the installed device software through Windows Control Panel. Then just choose the OS you want and click on it. It will automatically install in the proper location. Run the AppLoader to install to your phone.
    05-03-09 11:14 AM
    im trying to put .132 on my phone, um what stuff do i delete from with control panel?
    05-03-09 11:17 AM
    In control panel, remove Blackberry Device Software.
    05-03-09 11:21 AM
    is that the title name? , or do i remove any and all bbs
    05-03-09 11:23 AM
    There should be two Blackberry entries. One for Desktop Software and the other is Device Software. You need the Desktop Software to install the OS to your phone. The Device software may be interferring with your attempt to install. Just remove it.
    05-03-09 11:28 AM
    so do i goto add or remove programs ? to find those..... do i need to delete the media sync?
    Last edited by deidonn; 05-03-09 at 11:34 AM.
    05-03-09 11:30 AM
    No, Media Sync is part of the DM. Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall your Blackberry Device Software.
    05-03-09 11:37 AM
699 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD