Just run it. Make sure you check BB Maps
    02-27-09 09:50 PM
    I read in a different thread if I choose to go with 4.7 core applications it would install .75, or it won't ?
    02-27-09 09:51 PM
    Do you have .109 still installed on your computer? PM me and I will give you my phone # to help you
    02-27-09 09:56 PM
    Yes, I still have my .109 installed on my PC and this is the only OS that i have there.
    02-27-09 09:58 PM
    Can you email me mickrg@comcast. I will show you a way around DM
    02-27-09 10:03 PM
    How do you apply themes on the storm..9530....109 ?
    02-27-09 10:28 PM
    What do I do if I am on Verizon?
    02-27-09 11:22 PM
    ok first time ever trying this and not understanding step 5 and 6. I go to the link and download thru megaupload. I saved the file to my desktop that could be wrong i dunno, once save how do i install it to my pc that is my hold up any helps is def appreciated THANKS
    02-28-09 01:21 AM
    Another OS upgrade success story. Like other first-timers, I had plenty of apprehension. The hardest part for me was following the steps for backing up my third party apps. Once the real process was underway, I walked away and left it.
    Thanks to those providing the steps and links...
    02-28-09 06:07 AM
    ok first time ever trying this and not understanding step 5 and 6. I go to the link and download thru megaupload. I saved the file to my desktop that could be wrong i dunno, once save how do i install it to my pc that is my hold up any helps is def appreciated THANKS
    I used:

1) the steps provided in the first post of this thread
    2) http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-167458/
    3) MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    4) Login

Plus read many of the post ahead of time. I believe the four steps/links above will help. If I could do it, anyone can do it.
    02-28-09 06:12 AM
    Sorry if the links above don't get you where I had hoped. I am still new to doing these things and I didn't click them to test them. I simply copied them directly from the site page I found them.
    02-28-09 06:13 AM
    BB newbie here with a Storm. Downloaded the .109 OS and followed the directions (not hard). When I opened up my DM and scanned for the new OS, I got the .65 and .75 os's. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to uninstall the DM first?
    02-28-09 07:06 AM
    i'm having a problem that i can't seem to figure out,even though i am on verizon i was not seeing the 109 in my list of software in dm,so deleted the vendor file and am now able to see it,along with .65 & .75 but even checking the 109 box and hitting next it tells me that there are no new software upgrades for my device.

help please thanks
    02-28-09 07:12 AM
    Snelling i appreciate your advise but still not what i was looking for. Jus realized i used download accelerator plus (DAP)and when it saved the file it ended the extension as .exe.dap so that is why i was not able to run it as an application so that sould fix my problem. Appreciative for your help
    02-28-09 07:41 AM
    Can you email me mickrg@comcast. I will show you a way around DM
    Thanks a lot for helping me out. I was able to install BB Maps using the Apploader from my .109 installed directory and then I could install WeatherBug on top of it. It works like a charm...Appreciate your help.
    02-28-09 09:56 AM
    BB newbie here with a Storm. Downloaded the .109 OS and followed the directions (not hard). When I opened up my DM and scanned for the new OS, I got the .65 and .75 os's. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to uninstall the DM first?
    I did not look to desktop manager nor did I delete the old operating system. When I followed the steps (I primarily used the link to BlackberryOS and followed the nicely illustrated steps for backing my 3rd party apps, I used the following CrackBerry link http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-167458/ to download the updated operating system, then followed the perfect directions at the following link http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/ to complete the installation) I never had to actually select anything. The actual installation to the Storm took approximately 40 minutes of uninterrupted time WITH THE INTERNET DISCONNECT FROM THE COMPUTER. When done, you can check the Storm and see that the new OS is there and of course a number of other files.
    02-28-09 04:54 PM
    I will try to help you email me at [email protected]
    Or if you use msn messenger my address is [email protected]
    I sell Storm phones and upgrade all the time buy do not use DM to update
    02-28-09 05:08 PM
    Hey I've Updated It But Now My Browser Button Is Missing Help!
    03-01-09 02:50 AM
    Hey I've Updated It But Now My Browser Button Is Missing Help!
    Resend your service books:
    on phone: options > advanced options > host routing tables > BB menu key > register now

or https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    03-01-09 05:07 AM
    ...yeah, i know...cheesy but i just couldn't resist... in less than 24 hours, thanks to you fine folks, i have taken two Storm 9350's with 4.7.0.75 to 4.7.0.109....took the first one, upgraded it and did a comparison of everything read here and dead on....times 2...

did the first phone on my own and then talked the wife through hers following same exact steps with same gorgeous results...and it was our fine sales rep at Verizon that got us here...explained to her what had to be done to previous phones to get them 'right' and here i was told to go...

Verizon Network
    9350 BlackBerry Storm #1 4.7.0.75 to 4.7.0.109
    9350 BlackBerry Storm #2 4.7.0.75 to 4.7.0.109

checking out the theme forums now, hope to contribute here before long...

--n00bIEwaN
    03-01-09 05:24 PM
    Can someone here answer a question for me--- I'm trying to backup my BB to do the OS upgrade...When I try to back up it asks me to switch to some mode so i click yes then it says error backing up. I clear cache and tried again and same thing. Then it disconnects my storm from desktop manager and when i unplug it and plug it back in storm goes white and restarts...SO FRUSTRATING...someone please help - also my AIM is XIIX300 if that would be easier to chat
    03-01-09 05:27 PM
    no matter what.. i do the .109 will not show its face in the dm.. i can swipe my device, delete the old o.s., disconnect from the net whatever and it still will not show even with no o.s. on my 9530 it still says there are no updates... help!
    03-01-09 06:38 PM
    no matter what.. i do the .109 will not show its face in the dm.. i can swipe my device, delete the old o.s., disconnect from the net whatever and it still will not show even with no o.s. on my 9530 it still says there are no updates... help!

Try: C:>programfiles>commonfiles>apploader>loader.exe
    You will be bypassing the DM.
    03-01-09 06:41 PM
    nada.. still gives the no updates available message.. the only way it doesnt give me that message is if im connected to the net and if im connected to the net it wants to put me back at .75.
    03-01-09 06:44 PM
    Can someone here answer a question for me--- I'm trying to backup my BB to do the OS upgrade...When I try to back up it asks me to switch to some mode so i click yes then it says error backing up. I clear cache and tried again and same thing. Then it disconnects my storm from desktop manager and when i unplug it and plug it back in storm goes white and restarts...SO FRUSTRATING...someone please help - also my AIM is XIIX300 if that would be easier to chat

Go to DM>Application Loader>Add Remove apps> update core applications. This should allow the dm to recognize your device.

When backing up answer yes to enable mass storage mode.

Or you can go to C:>program files> common files> apploader> Loader.Exe and load the OS that way.
    03-01-09 06:45 PM
699 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD