Well, I'm back and I'm smiling
    I guess the problem was that I had .75 and .85 installed on my laptop. I removed both .75 and .85 from my os. Then I reinstalled .85. Followed instructions and was able to successfully load .85 to my Storm. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!! Enjoy your evening
    how do you uninstall this?
    01-06-09 02:25 PM
    Sorry I am new to BB by about a week and would love to move from .75 to .85. I have read the instructions and those seem easy enough but you say to use add/remove to stop .75 from loading, but the only thing I see in the add/remove is the BB DM, is that what I am suppose to remove? Sorry for the dumb question!
    01-06-09 03:42 PM
    how do you uninstall this?
    start > settings > control panel > add/remove programs

remove all OS's, reinstall the OS you want then follow the directions
    01-06-09 05:04 PM
    Sorry I am new to BB by about a week and would love to move from .75 to .85. I have read the instructions and those seem easy enough but you say to use add/remove to stop .75 from loading, but the only thing I see in the add/remove is the BB DM, is that what I am suppose to remove? Sorry for the dumb question!
    where are you seeing this in the instructions?
    01-06-09 05:05 PM
    where are you seeing this in the instructions?
    They are your instructions for the first thread post on this. I am just confused should I unistall the DM? I do not see anything else in the Add/Remove program list that is part of the BB OS. Thanks for the help!
    01-06-09 05:31 PM
    do not delete DM...just follow the steps...they're pretty straight forward...
    01-06-09 05:36 PM
    Don, thanks it worked great. I am up and running on .85. I followed your instructions and it was simple and fast! It runs great now!!! Have a great week!
    01-06-09 06:26 PM
    awesome...glad you got it working
    01-06-09 06:42 PM
    After installing the downloaded update I get a connection error when trying to restore a backup of my data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    01-06-09 08:41 PM
    I had some errors when trying to upgrade through Desktop Manager/Blackberry Device Manager with certain other devices on the USB on the PC.
    01-07-09 09:09 AM
    After installing the downloaded update I get a connection error when trying to restore a backup of my data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    what error is it giving you? try clearing your cache also, as this has caused problems for a lot of people
    01-07-09 12:18 PM
    I just loaded .85 yesterday. Everything works with the exception of the phone. I can place and receive calls, I just can't hear anything. I no one can hear me on the receiving end of the call. Has anyone expereinced this? Should I revert back to .75? If so, how do I do that?
    01-07-09 01:11 PM
    to revert back to an old OS, follow the same instructions and choose the OS you want
    01-08-09 10:24 AM
    I have done everything according to instructions re backup and DL leak. I have Version 4.7 of DM. I install leak to PC. I connect 9530 to PC. I do not get Application Loader but a never ending screen that says checking for application updates.
    If I start DM without the 9530 connected, I can get Application Updates, click on upgrade software, but when I connect the 9530 I get a fatal error message.
    What am I doing wrong? Any ideas as to how to improve the totally unacceptable reception problem with the Storm? Thanks,
    01-10-09 08:53 AM
    just run apploader...
    01-10-09 02:47 PM
    just run apploader...
    But when I do this I still get the "Fatal errror while attempting to install software" ...............
    01-10-09 08:13 PM
    might have to wipe your phone
    01-10-09 09:23 PM
    I just installed .85 from .75 (Vodafone IT) and everything seems faster except
    surf the internet. It seems too slow, or sometime simply it doesn't work.
    Any idea ?
    To revert back to .83 where can i find it ?

Thanks
    Sergio
    01-11-09 04:04 PM
    I upgraded to .85, it was a little quirky at first, media card inserted message, wouldn't power off, etc but after a couple battery pulls it straightened out.

My only issue is it shows one unread message, though there aren't any. I have Gmail and connected to BES at work. I'm searching...
    01-11-09 04:15 PM
    check your messages folder...
    01-11-09 05:27 PM
    I found it, was a text from someone this morning. The SMS icon got moved down from the first couple of rows during the upgrade, so I hadn't noticed it.

I rarely text, so just hadn't thought about that.
    01-11-09 06:28 PM
    I was light light browsing for a topic on restoring backed up 3rd party apps and contaminating a fresh OS. To me it would make more sense to wipe and install every thing fresh and reformat both memory on the phone and card. I did this this morning with .85. (third time around) and finally Everything is working great. I have tried web camera turning it on and off and not a single issue. what is should have been from the start (11-21-08).My thoughts...
    01-11-09 08:47 PM
    downloaded 86 but it cant find it in DM running DM 4.7 have done multiple reboots and downloaded and ran .86 twice...only gives me the option of current .75 and downgrade .65 any suggestions? running on verizon with a PC not a Mac... and havnt messed with trying to delete sample pic files or anything

fIGURED IT OUT THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS! STORM RUNNING .86 NOW!
    Last edited by gettat2d; 01-12-09 at 09:28 AM. Reason: FIGURED OUT QUESTION
    01-12-09 07:06 AM
    I am a newbie BB user and am confused about the role the Enterprise server plays in this...Can I upgrade to a non-official OS while being linked to the Enterprise Server? or is it going to push me back to the official OS once it tries to reconnnect? I'm jonesing to get these updates and Verizon is taking their sweet time approving them...
    01-12-09 10:27 AM
    you can update if you're on BES, but you'll need to reactivate your enterprise account
    01-12-09 12:12 PM
699 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD