And there you have it.

Wasn't aware that this build was not compatible with the 9500, though it makes perfect sense considering there two different phones (while they may look the same, they dont spec the same).
    yeah, a lot of people arent paying attention to which device these leaks are for
    12-29-08 06:10 PM
    I have installed, deleted, cleared, re-installed (4 times) my DM and cannot get .85 to load. I installed 4.7 off CD, loaded all that jazz (and on round 4 turned off auto update). I then loaded the new version, ran everything (tried it twice deleting the vendor file, twice without deleting it) and hooked up my Storm. Everything connects, it backs up, but when it gets to the "connecting to boot ROM" dialogue, it sits at nothing for a while, and then says I have a fatal error. Nothing happens, and I have to do a battery pull and then the phone comes back alive.

Anyone else had this? I tried installing through DM, then just running the loader file.

Also, does it matter if I am on a Mac, running parallels?
    Last edited by jcsmithmachine; 12-30-08 at 12:41 AM.
    12-30-08 12:16 AM
    I'm actually having a problem not installing the update, period. It finds it, I select the newest (.85) but on the next screen it tells me I don't need it
    12-30-08 12:29 AM
    at the point where you select the OS, disconnect your computer from the internet
    12-30-08 12:41 AM
    at the point where you select the OS, disconnect your computer from the internet
    Is it exact timing? I just shut off the internet altogether, but it still hangs (regardless of what I do) on the boot ROM screen.
    12-30-08 12:53 AM
    no...just when you select the OS, you need to disconnect from the net...

the update should take 20-90 minutes
    12-30-08 12:57 AM
    no...just when you select the OS, you need to disconnect from the net...

the update should take 20-90 minutes
    I am not sure what is going on. I just started with a fresh install, turned off my wifi, and ran the app loader. It always gets to the point where it it "connecting to boot ROM", and nothing happens. I get the "Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]" and close the program, then have to do a battery pull on the Storm for anything to happen.

I have switched USB ports, deleted everything from the registry and re-installed, and followed everything I have read to a T.

Again, anyone think parallels might be to blame?
    12-30-08 01:11 AM
    oh you're on a mac? parallels has mixed reports...from what i've heard...VMware works the best
    12-30-08 01:17 AM
    have you heard of anyone else having this issue (as far as freezing@boot ROM screen?)?
    12-30-08 01:23 AM
    have you heard of anyone else having this issue (as far as freezing@boot ROM screen?)?
    Happened to me when i updated my phone to .75 about 3 weeks ago. Wipe your phone again and try re-installing the OS.
    12-30-08 01:37 AM
    you're on a mac right?
    12-30-08 01:39 AM
    I just wanted to say thanks to DonNguyen for posting this. I just installed .85 and followed your directions word for word and it went smooth as can be.

Great write up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 01:40 AM
    How would I do this since I have an imac

12-30-08 05:58 AM
    you're on a mac right?
    Ya, I am. I am running the latest version of parallels and XP. I downloaded VMware last night (this morning) and will give that a whirl when I get back from work.

I will try and wipe the device and see what happens as well.

Thanks for all of the help Don, hate to keep bugging you.
    12-30-08 08:36 AM
    How would I do this since I have an imac

users have reported that VMware works the best...
    12-30-08 09:29 AM
    users have reported that VMware works the best...
    I can attest to that.

I have Ubuntu, XP, and 98 running on my iMac using VMWare Fusion.
    12-30-08 11:08 AM
    yup, so looks like VMware is the way to go
    12-30-08 12:30 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When should you wipe your device? I upgraded to .85 and not happy with it. Is it safe to do a wipe now?
    Thanks
    12-30-08 06:17 PM
    i have done the list and it doesnt find the update, i am using the storm on vzw can you help.
    12-30-08 08:07 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When should you wipe your device? I upgraded to .85 and not happy with it. Is it safe to do a wipe now?
    Thanks
    you can wipe whenever you want...
    12-30-08 10:03 PM
    i have done the list and it doesnt find the update, i am using the storm on vzw can you help.
    you followed step by step?
    12-30-08 10:05 PM
    also read this post by CX

I suggest only keeping one OS installed to your computer at a time; the one you have installed to your device. You can have others saved to the computer, just not installed. I have a folder in My Documents labeled BB OS, and keep them saved in there just in case. But when it comes time to upgrade againg, go to Control Panel on the computer>Add/Remove and uninstall the current device software. Then install the new and upgrade.
    12-30-08 10:06 PM
    Hi I need help
    Ijust updated to .85 from .75
    now i cant find korean font
    what did i do wrong
    12-31-08 10:25 AM
    How you do DOWNGRADE OS's... I want to go back to .83 from .85... and if you say "Wipe"... I don't know how... please explain...
    12-31-08 10:31 AM
    Hi I need help
    Ijust updated to .85 from .75
    now i cant find korean font
    what did i do wrong
    another user emailed me about this.

first, check in DM, apploader, add/remove to see if the option is there. if it is, just load it onto your phone

if not you need to copy the korean language cod files from .75 into the .85 folder to load
    12-31-08 12:34 PM
699 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD