Ok...confused. I'm stuck. Help?

Want to return a defective Bold 9900 to seller which came loaded with USA ATT 7.1.0.862...and on which I loaded the leak UK 7.1.0.1098 which people were speaking well of. Upgraded leak worked fine near as I can tell, but rest of phone did not. So back it is going.

Want to return the phone to the OS for how I got it, but advice here in Forums about going lower is to install the desired lower OS and the leak will disappear. Being conscientious with removing the vendor file...but on both the 862 US ATT and 861 UK, I cannot get the 1098 to leave. Its like the lower ones run up against the upper and the loading process accomplishes nothing.

Any ideas, folks?
    02-22-14 04:52 PM
    Download the version you want to install on the device, but do not install it onto your computer yet, but if you have then see below.
    Once you have downloaded the version you want onto your computer, go to the Control Panel on your computer and find the section to Uninstall A Program.
    Look through the list of installed Blackberry OS versions and Uninstall them. If the version you want to install is in that list, Uninstall it also.
    Once the OS's have been removed from your computer, reboot.
    Once reboot, install the OS version you want on the phone onto your computer, find and delete the vender.xml file(s).

Now, connect your phone and start up the Blackberry Desktop Software and perform a Upgrade Device.
    You will see the current version on your phone and any other installed version on your computer, the one you want to install will most likely be listed a "Downgrade".
    Install the version you want on the phone now, if you want to also remove your app data, choose the setting to preform a complete wipe.
    02-22-14 05:08 PM
    That was it...worked like a charm...thanks for the counsel...got to love Crackberry!
    02-22-14 06:49 PM
    Moved to the Legacy Beta/Leaked forum.
    02-22-14 08:06 PM