Here is a quick guide to the LED indicators of your BlackBerry.

Blue - Blue is for Bluetooth. A flashing blue light indicates an active connection via bluetooth. Enable/disable this feature under Applications > Options > Bluetooth > Menu > Options > LED Connection Indicator: On/Off

Green - Green is for coverage indicator. Who really wants to be continuously reminded they are in a service area? Not me. Enable/disable this "feature" under Applications > Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator On/Off

Red- This is the good one! A flashing red light indicates a new message is waiting. Check under your messages folder for any unread items. You can choose to be notified of new messages visually under Applications > Profiles > Advanced > [Select profile you wish to modify] > [Select message type you wish to modify] > Repeat Notification LED Flashing/Off

Yellow - Yellow indicates that you are running out of battery. Find a charger quickly! Thanks Catt!

Hope that helps with all the blinking.
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-01-07 at 08:22 PM. Reason: give catt credit for the yellow light.
    Cassie92, ShoreyJr and NowhereGirl like this.
    12-01-07 07:52 PM
    Nicely done, Trevor!
    12-02-07 03:05 AM
    Ahh, excellent. Not sure what the green was. Thanks!
    12-02-07 12:45 PM
    Very well written, very easy to follow step by step instructions!!!! The blinking GREEN LIGHT was killing me!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You, Thank you, Thank you!
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-02-07 at 05:09 PM. Reason: caps lock off
    12-02-07 04:42 PM
    Lol, no problem. Welcome to crackberry!

PS, hit your caps lock key.
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-02-07 at 05:10 PM.
    tbrenn likes this.
    12-02-07 05:06 PM
    Nicely done, Trevor!

I would like to ask you a question about past events on my calendar. I like to save all events because of business purposes. The are saved on outlook but not on BB 8310, can I change that? I have BB set as forever(meaning to keep forever but not such luck) You seem to be very knowledgeable of this stuff.
    12-03-07 02:00 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the amber light for low battery? I know the best thing to do is charge the phone, but sometimes that isn't an option. It starts at 15%. I would think the constant blinking would drain the battery that much faster. Thanks.
    12-22-07 12:01 AM
    No, there is no way to turn it off that I know of. LEDs use very little power, so don't worry about it draining the battery.
    12-22-07 07:57 PM
    Hi Trevor

under manage connection of my 8800 the bluetooth connections indicator shows a yellow dash (minus, - ) sign, instead of a green tick mark

I would like to know what the yellow dash indicates?

Thanks
    Chris
    12-31-07 03:24 AM
    I believe the yellow dash indicates that bluetooth is on but not actively paired with something.
    12-31-07 11:04 AM
    hi Trevor

A very Happy New Year to you and your family. May there be PEACE and HAPPINESS all thru this year for you.

thx for the reply. i paired the BB with my cell phone and got connected but the yellow dash indicator dint change. I cant find info on this at BB site nor on the web

If you could help me, would be much appriciated.

Thx
    Chris
    01-01-08 12:05 AM
    That is helpful. The only LED I seem to get is the message one. Other then that I don't get any other LED colors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-08 01:20 AM
    hi Trevor

A very Happy New Year to you and your family. May there be PEACE and HAPPINESS all thru this year for you.

thx for the reply. i paired the BB with my cell phone and got connected but the yellow dash indicator dint change. I cant find info on this at BB site nor on the web

If you could help me, would be much appriciated.

Thx
    Chris
    If you have the yellow (-) bullet on instead of the green checked bullet, that only means that your bluetooth is on. Does not mean anything but that you have not successfully connected your paired headset. You'd know that it is working if you see the paired headset's name right next to the Bluetooth Box instead of it just saying "On"
    01-01-08 02:55 AM
    Thanks Trevor.
    01-04-08 04:15 PM
    a flashing purple LED is AIM
    02-07-08 10:46 AM
    excellent, that green light was so damn annoying!!!
    02-13-08 06:24 AM
    Awesome - thanks
    02-17-08 10:53 AM
    Is it just me or does the yellow look quite green? I hate Mr. Yellow.

Download the BlinkBerry demo (hide it in your apps list) and when you have low battery, run it and then press 'end call', voila! Yellow LED off until it is active again (message, bluetooth, coverage). Great if you plan to have the LED cisable when you're trying to sleep.

02-17-08 12:43 PM
    Hello!

Trying to answer this for one of my users...

We have 8703e's (Sprint/Nextel) on a BES.

I followed the directions listed on the first post and can't find the applications where I can turn off the red led.

Could policies pushed down to use from a corporate location "lock that down" so we can't turn it off?

Thanks!
    02-27-08 04:22 PM
    got it figured out; thanks
    02-28-08 02:28 PM
    I guess I am lucky, I have never seen that led in the amber color.
    02-28-08 09:41 PM
    That green light blinking was driving me crazy. Thanks so much! Kimberly

03-02-08 07:59 AM
    That green light blinking was driving me crazy. Thanks so much! Kimberly

No problem.
    03-02-08 08:46 AM
    sometimes the green light pisses me off too.
    03-02-08 08:54 AM
    what about if it flashes two quick red ones in a row when its turned off and it wont turn back on??!?!?
    03-03-08 05:44 PM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD