lol I was wondering what the blue LED was..

Thanks!
    01-26-10 04:03 AM
    My problem is the fact that my phone blinks green and is accompanied by buzzing every few minutes. And if I have my bluetooth on a call, I hear 2 beeps AND the flashing/buzzing. I have checked to see if there is a new message, nothin. I even deleted all my messages and email accounts! I read that it might something to do with the gmail add on, but none of that worked.

I disabled the LED notify thing in the settings for connectivity as well.

Every time it buzzes I think there is a text or something important happening!

My next step is to reset the entire phone.

Can anyone help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 05:25 PM
    i havent got that in my phone it has applications but not the enable disable thingy,am i going nuts here/lol
    06-11-10 11:15 AM
    here is a quick guide to the led indicators of your blackberry.

blue - blue is for bluetooth. A flashing blue light indicates an active connection via bluetooth. Enable/disable this feature under applications > options > bluetooth > menu > options > led connection indicator: On/off

green - green is for coverage indicator. Who really wants to be continuously reminded they are in a service area? Not me. Enable/disable this "feature" under applications > options > screen/keyboard > led coverage indicator on/off

red- this is the good one! A flashing red light indicates a new message is waiting. Check under your messages folder for any unread items. You can choose to be notified of new messages visually under applications > profiles > advanced > [select profile you wish to modify] > [select message type you wish to modify] > repeat notification led flashing/off

yellow - yellow indicates that you are running out of battery. Find a charger quickly! thanks catt!

hope that helps with all the blinking.
    i found the enable / disable under settings and not applications.
    09-27-10 04:19 PM
    Love it. Thanks!
    09-27-10 09:23 PM
    thanks for the tutorial...
    11-14-10 02:20 AM
    nice info. thanks trevor.
    11-19-10 08:53 AM
    Here is a quick guide to the LED indicators of your BlackBerry.

Blue - Blue is for Bluetooth. A flashing blue light indicates an active connection via bluetooth. Enable/disable this feature under Applications > Options > Bluetooth > Menu > Options > LED Connection Indicator: On/Off

Green - Green is for coverage indicator. Who really wants to be continuously reminded they are in a service area? Not me. Enable/disable this "feature" under Applications > Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator On/Off

Red- This is the good one! A flashing red light indicates a new message is waiting. Check under your messages folder for any unread items. You can choose to be notified of new messages visually under Applications > Profiles > Advanced > [Select profile you wish to modify] > [Select message type you wish to modify] > Repeat Notification LED Flashing/Off

Yellow - Yellow indicates that you are running out of battery. Find a charger quickly! Thanks Catt!

Hope that helps with all the blinking.
    thanks trevor...
    11-19-10 09:25 AM
    Hi everyone,

I am about to purchase a LED app for my blackberry 9500, I have looked around and tried the free trials, and would like some feedback on which is the best app to get between the BeBuzz and BigTinCan or Color ID?

Cheers
    11-22-10 05:25 AM
    I use Blink, and it is good i think
    11-30-10 11:28 AM

Blue - Blue is for Bluetooth. A flashing blue light indicates an active connection via bluetooth. Enable/disable this feature under Applications > Options > Bluetooth > Menu > Options > LED Connection Indicator: On/Off

Green - Green is for coverage indicator. Who really wants to be continuously reminded they are in a service area? Not me. Enable/disable this "feature" under Applications > Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator On/Off

Red- This is the good one! A flashing red light indicates a new message is waiting. Check under your messages folder for any unread items. You can choose to be notified of new messages visually under Applications > Profiles > Advanced > [Select profile you wish to modify] > [Select message type you wish to modify] > Repeat Notification LED Flashing/Off

Yellow - Yellow indicates that you are running out of battery. Find a charger quickly! Thanks Catt!

when i go into applications i cant find the options button and i cant turn off the green light, it sooo annoying plz help me!
    02-26-11 08:39 PM
    I have done some searching and am having an issue with the blinking red led indicator continuing to flash after I have read the email/SMS message. The only way I can get the flash to stop is turning the device on and off.
    I have version 6.0.0.246 The device is unlocked, I have been having a tough time updating it. When I try to do an OTA update directly from the device it says no updates available. When I try to do it through the desktop software, my computer locks up. Other than that, the device works fine.
    03-12-11 11:17 AM
    For some reason every time my BB restarts and turns back on again, the blue light starts blinking, but I go into SMS it stops even though there was nothing new. Does anyone know how to stop that?
    04-03-11 03:18 PM
    Hi there
    The instruction above is good for OS5.
    How do I turn off Green with OS6?

Ooops I got it
    Option
    Display
    Screen Display
    LED coverage indicator "uncheck"
    Last edited by OgoOgo; 06-15-11 at 09:47 PM.
    06-15-11 09:30 PM
    Thanks for the tips!
    07-03-11 09:04 AM
    I'm not sure whay you mean by coverage area. I have the green flashing light sometimes but, for example, right now I don't and I am connected to both wi-fi and t-mobile.

Please could someone explain?
    07-09-11 05:29 PM
    My red light stops after a while, even when unread mail remains. Is this normal, and is there any keep it flashing in perpetuity until the mail is read? I think the answers are yes and no, respectively. Thanks.
    07-09-11 05:56 PM
    Hi there! Glad to see it's possible to stop the annoying blue blinking led. .. but those menu options aren't available on the Blackberry 9780.

... Any idea how to do it there? ^^

This drives me craaaazy ;P
    10-06-11 07:38 AM
    Awesome just what I was after !

Thanks!
    NowhereGirl likes this.
    02-04-12 09:48 PM
    Knew it but thanks. This could be useful for many out there.
    02-05-12 08:37 AM
    Hi everyone,

I am about to purchase a LED app for my blackberry 9500, I have looked around and tried the free trials, and would like some feedback on which is the best app to get between the BeBuzz and BigTinCan or Color ID?

Cheers

fwiw: have you read reviews on here for each app. find app discussion on forum here and on developer site too for tips howto setup/ if all seem about the same to you after using and reading, then maybe all are equal. or maybe some have features others don't? or can be customized more than others?
    Last edited by cherimoya; 02-07-12 at 11:57 AM. Reason: didn't notice you already trialed, sorry.
    02-07-12 11:53 AM

How to assign LED colours to incoming calls
    02-08-12 09:16 PM
    Very well written, very easy to follow step by step instructions!!!! The blinking GREEN LIGHT was killing me!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You, Thank you, Thank you!
    02-13-12 01:46 AM
    Thanks Trevor such a knowledgeable information about my new black berry
    03-15-12 11:43 AM
    Hi Trevor,

I can't shut the green led in my BlackBerry z10 plz can you help.

QUOTE=Trevor;67671]Here is a quick guide to the LED indicators of your BlackBerry.

Hope that helps with all the blinking. [/QUOTE]
    05-22-16 12:20 AM
125 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD