Love this place. All my questions answered without having to ask. Wish they had a site like this for women, then I wouldn't have to walk around saying I'm sorry all the time.
    07-10-08 05:46 PM
    At night I plug in my phone like most of us do to charge ... well I keep mine close to my bed and that Frickin' Green blinking light lit up the whole room every 1.5 seconds ... I felt like I was in a cheap motel under the "VACANCY" sign... Thank you Trevor!
    07-24-08 10:44 AM
    Thanks, you just answered my first question when I fired up my new BB 8330. No flashing green light, except when charging. It was turned off already, which is how I will leave it! I thought before I read your text that there might be a malfunction in the unit. Thanks again for the info!
    08-01-08 10:21 AM
    God the blinking Green was starting to get annoying...thanks!
    08-01-08 12:18 PM
    Is it possible to rearrange the colors (blue to messages, etc) without having to purchase a 3rd party app?
    08-06-08 09:22 AM
    Nope. It is absolutely impossible to change the colours of the LEDs for various events without 3rd party apps. BB Alerts is a great app though, totally worth the couple of bucks.
    08-06-08 10:05 AM
    Very simple but useful explanation. Thanks.
    12-07-08 11:17 PM
    I am new at this and have a question, when I am in the browser and select Go To: and put in a web address I get a screen that says Restricted Site Access Disabled

Learn more- I click on learn more and it tells me the webguard feature has been enabled on my handset and that the feature has restricted my access to the content.

Where do I go to fix the problem? Sometimes I can get through without problem but often it says this; I have a blackberry 8100 pearl
    Thanks for your help
    12-29-08 06:50 PM
    My daughter showed this site to me..it is absolutely the best ever...thank you, thank you, thank you for all the information......
    12-30-08 05:36 PM
    Trevor,

First let me thank you for your time. I am a BB newbie. With regards to the red LCD, I can not locate "profile" in Applications > Profiles. I realize that the thread was started before the strom 9530 came out, but most apps seem to be similar enough to figure it out. Any help would be great as I am at the limits of my mind. Thhanks
    12-30-08 08:51 PM
    Trevor,

First let me thank you for your time. I am a BB newbie. With regards to the red LCD, I can not locate "profile" in Applications > Profiles. I realize that the thread was started before the strom 9530 came out, but most apps seem to be similar enough to figure it out. Any help would be great as I am at the limits of my mind. Thhanks
    The PROFILE he's referring to should be an icon on your icons screen . On my pearl it looks like a speaker ...not sure if it looks the same on the storm
    12-30-08 09:06 PM
    Thanks for responding so quickley. I thought that profiles was an icon. I thought I saw it there, but maybe I deleted it by accident or some how hid (sp?) it. Any suggestions?
    12-30-08 10:54 PM
    O.K. I found it. To set the RED Alert LCD you must open the SOUND Icon> Set Ring Tones/Alerts > Messages > Email...Level 1... MMS... PIN... SMS Text (each individually) > set LED ON/OFF. Hew that took awhile. Hope this can help someone...
    12-30-08 11:50 PM
    O.K. I found it. To set the RED Alert LCD you must open the SOUND Icon> Set Ring Tones/Alerts > Messages > Email...Level 1... MMS... PIN... SMS Text (each individually) > set LED ON/OFF. Hew that took awhile. Hope this can help someone...

And congrats on working your way thru the solution. helps ya get to know your berry better
    12-30-08 11:54 PM
    Nope. It is absolutely impossible to change the colours of the LEDs for various events without 3rd party apps. BB Alerts is a great app though, totally worth the couple of bucks.
    What 3rd party app is available to download to change the LED colors? I would loveee that. Is bb alerts the only one?
    Last edited by AshlynLovesHerBB; 01-13-09 at 04:23 PM.
    01-13-09 04:21 PM
    At night I plug in my phone like most of us do to charge ... well I keep mine close to my bed and that Frickin' Green blinking light lit up the whole room every 1.5 seconds ... I felt like I was in a cheap motel under the "VACANCY" sign... Thank you Trevor!
    I was thinking that last night as well! Hahaha.. Its a constant sign of re-assurance that my BlackBerry is on, and doing well! :P
    01-17-09 12:08 AM
    Thanks, Bill
    01-17-09 02:26 PM
    What causes my yellow (which looks almost yellow-green) light to flash when I have my phone plugged in to charge? It only does it after the scheduled "sleep period" begins, whether the phone is fully charged or not, and it's bright enough to wake me up sometimes. I've been putting something on top of the phone when I charge it overnight, but I don't like doing this. Is there any way to stop the blinking? Most of my charging is done overnight so this is really inconvenient. Otherwise, I totally love my Berry!
    04-08-09 07:09 PM
    I'm using the trial version of BerryBuzz; is there another app that someone would recommend higher than BerryBuzz, or is it a pretty good one? I need to decide in 3 more days if I'm going to purchase it. Thanks in advance! (Still having problems with blinking yellow at night, see previous post if anyone can help with that).
    04-13-09 05:48 PM
    thanks for adding this!
    04-14-09 01:24 PM
    oo this is helpful for me! cheers dude!
    04-14-09 11:22 PM
    love this. I love CRACKBERRY! Any answer i need.
    04-29-09 02:15 PM
    If you like the LED indicator, check out BerryBuzz. Its an application specifically designed to allow you to customize your LED indicator and alerts for calls, messages, etc.

Not sure what all BB devices it is compatible on, but I know it works fine on the Storm. Free 7-day trial, then you have to purchase for around $6.

Great app, if you are looking to get creative with the LED indicator, and not just be stuck with the red color when calls, messages, etc. come in. Why not go with turquoise, orange, white, or any of the other colors they offer.

Also offers alert options, aside from the LED.

Check it out!
    04-29-09 09:21 PM
    thanks for the info... the green was driving me nuts.
    04-30-09 07:11 PM
    If you like the LED indicator, check out BerryBuzz. Its an application specifically designed to allow you to customize your LED indicator and alerts for calls, messages, etc.

Not sure what all BB devices it is compatible on, but I know it works fine on the Storm. Free 7-day trial, then you have to purchase for around $6.

Great app, if you are looking to get creative with the LED indicator, and not just be stuck with the red color when calls, messages, etc. come in. Why not go with turquoise, orange, white, or any of the other colors they offer.

Also offers alert options, aside from the LED.

Check it out!
    What other options? I'm enjoying BerryBuzz for customizing the color of the blinking light, but am interested in the other things it does too.
    04-30-09 08:51 PM
125 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD