I cant figure out how to sign out from BBM, i have sold my phone to my cousin, i never used BBM, just made an account and logged in. I googled and found that you can only set your status to unavailable. Is it possible to uninstall BBM so you are signed out and then re install BBM and make new account?
    rejozach likes this.
    04-06-12 08:04 AM
    You cannot sign out of BBM, that is correct.

You can delete the app if you won't be using it.

BBM uses the device PIN and that PIN cannot be changed.

All you can do is delete old contacts, update your BBM profile. Contacts can be added using the PIN or an email address associated with that device.

This is why I'd like BBM to use a phone number instead of a PIN tied to the device.
    rejozach likes this.
    04-06-12 08:13 AM
    So even if you sell your phone, people that have your PIN would still be able to add you?
    04-06-12 08:23 AM
    Unfortunately yes. Tell your BBM contacts you no longer have a BlackBerry by sending them a broadcast message if your BlackBerry is still active.

Or, if you're moving to a new BlackBerry you can transfer your BBM contacts to the new one.

But, yes, I got my 9650 used. So if the previous owner had posted the PIN somewhere I'd be getting requests from strangers. Luckily, he didn't because I haven't.

I'd much rather BBM be tied to a phone number or email address only.

Does anyone have any other solutions for the OP?
    04-06-12 08:33 AM
    This is why I'd like BBM to use a phone number instead of a PIN tied to the device.
    -or - another solution would be to let us "disconnect" PIN's from our BlackBerry ID - and let us choose to use either PIN or BBID to connect "PIN" services like BBM and PIN messages...
    Chrisy and Mallak azzam like this.
    04-06-12 11:05 AM
    Not only is not being able to sign out from BBM a problem for more than one reason but if you sell your BlackBerry device on or acquire a used one (as I did) you can't disassociate the PIN from the BBID. I had a used BlackBerry Pearl 8100 but couldn't register it for any PIN services because the previous owner of the device still �owned� the PIN and neither my Mobile Network Operator nor BlackBerry (RIM) would send him an e-mail to ask him to de-register it as this �would violate his privacy�.

What about my right to avail of the full functionality of my device?
    Last edited by Felim_Doyle; 11-27-13 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Minor correction
    Mallak azzam likes this.
    11-27-13 06:40 AM
    yeah it is correct you would never be able to log out your bbm account.
    It is correct that you're able to delete the app however you are no longer able to see the messeges even if you sign in again.
    12-16-13 02:02 PM
    you can't sign out bbm.
    12-16-13 02:02 PM
    If you sell or give your BlackBerry to someone, perform a security wipe on it.
    Or to be quicker, for BBOS, wipe and reload with 3rd party software like BBSAK and for BB10 run an autoloader of a leaked OS.

The phone will no longer have anything connecting it to your previous BB ID or BBM account.
    The new user will have to use their own BB ID.
    12-16-13 02:08 PM
    So even if you sell your phone, people that have your PIN would still be able to add you?
    No. The new phone owner would have to use their own BB ID/BBM, not yours. Make sure you wipe the phone before giving it to someone.
    BBM offers plenty of options to decline, delete and block others.
    12-16-13 02:15 PM
    Unfortunately yes. Tell your BBM contacts you no longer have a BlackBerry by sending them a broadcast message if your BlackBerry is still active.

Or, if you're moving to a new BlackBerry you can transfer your BBM contacts to the new one.

But, yes, I got my 9650 used. So if the previous owner had posted the PIN somewhere I'd be getting requests from strangers. Luckily, he didn't because I haven't.

I'd much rather BBM be tied to a phone number or email address only.

Does anyone have any other solutions for the OP?
    12-29-13 09:15 AM
    I cant figure out how to sign out from BBM, i have sold my phone to my cousin, i never used BBM, just made an account and logged in. I googled and found that you can only set your status to unavailable. Is it possible to uninstall BBM so you are signed out and then re install BBM and make new account?
    12-04-15 05:43 AM
    Of course you can sign out your BBM ID. If you're android user, just go to settings -> application -> choose your BBM, and find "clear data".
    After that your BBM ID is already sign out.
    rhezairawan likes this.
    12-04-15 05:50 AM
    Surely you can't sign out from bbm. But you can re log in or create an account by changing the sim card and turning it on. It will come to bbm sign in screen. Try it and let me know how it went through. Cheers
    07-11-16 04:10 AM
    Cant sign off

Sent via BB Q10
    11-02-16 11:51 PM
    I think many people are confused here. Let me try to clarify.

Firstly if you are using BBM on BlackBerry 10.

When you get a new phone you can create another BlackBerry ID using the same email and your previous contacts will follow you to your new BBM.

If you don't use BBM like OP here then you may want to go on to www.bbm.com sign in using your previous BlackBerry ID and delete your account. Then if you want to use BlackBerry services sign up another account. If not just leave it.

There is a drawback here is that if someone knows your previous pin and add you there after you migrate to your new phone then he will communicate with the new owner.

If you are currently using a BlackBerry phone on BlackBerry 10 there is no way to sign out of BBM. It doesn't matter also anyway because your friends and family who use BBM will see you having BBM but refuse to reply their messages. This is because messages will not get through. Those who use BBM would know that if you send a message to someone and it immediately gets a red x you know the person either deleted BBM or is not using his.

If you are on Android I believe you would be able to sign out of BBM or just don't use it for a few weeks and delete the app. Then your contacts will know you are not using BBM anymore.
    11-03-16 07:35 AM
    11-04-16 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD