I didn't find any solutions in the existing threads. I have a college email that is through google but my BlackBerry isn't accepting it. Says invalid. I have that college emailed forwarded to my personal gmail now but I would like to just set up a separate account for it.

The college email is through google. Firstname.lastname.student.swfc.edu

Can anyone tell me how to set this up on my BlacBerry? Thank!
    01-07-12 01:35 PM
    I would suggest emailing the college [email protected]. It does not appear that any handheld devices or desktop email clients are supported. SWFCTraining | E-Mail FAQ

Accessing E-Mail
    Can I access my email messages offline?

No. You must be connected to the Internet to access Google Apps. POP and other e-mail programs are not supported at this time.
    There was not even any mention of setting it up on Outlook on the site. It appears that only browser-based webmail is supported.
    Last edited by lak611; 01-07-12 at 02:15 PM.
    01-07-12 02:10 PM
    The college had no idea. I'll stick to forwarding the email. Thanks!
    01-07-12 03:06 PM
    Have you tried the Gmail app? I know it's no longer supported by Google but it is still available. If your college doesn't have POP3 or IMAP enabled then the Gmail app is the only thing that will work.
    01-09-12 05:52 AM
    No, I haven't. I have used that app in the past and it's not to my liking. Especially on my OS6 browser, it's just quicker to check my web mail on the laptop.
    01-09-12 06:20 AM
    Other than not being able to send attachments, it does a decent job.
    01-09-12 06:27 AM
    We use gmail at the University of Minnesota now. In order to set up the email I use a different password than my normal password. We were instructed by our IT department to set up a desktop/mobile password in order to use our account on our phones. I have no idea if this is support specific to the U of M or if it is the standard for any .edu gmail account.
    01-09-12 06:31 AM
    I do have a different password set up for the college google email. The BlackBerry still says invalid email.

No big deal. The email forwarding is good enough! I just can't reply from the college email using the BB is all.
    01-09-12 06:54 AM
    My college uses google apps email I've got a class in two minutes, but PM me so I remember and I'll walk you through setting it up.
    01-09-12 10:28 AM
    Hook me up! I have my last class ending at 9:50pm tonight.
    01-09-12 11:44 AM
    Ok, here's how I set mine up:
    1. Login to your BIS settings (go into messages, press the BB key, choose options, open Email Account Management and login)
    2. Select "add a new account"
    3. Select Gmail
    4. Enter your full email address (aka, [email protected]) - don't enter gmail.com or anything like that.
    That should be it. That's all I had to do anyway.
    01-09-12 02:20 PM
    Thanks, but I tired that. It says invalid. Must be something on the schools end!
    01-09-12 02:29 PM
    Thanks, but I tired that. It says invalid. Must be something on the schools end!

That likely means your school does not have POP3 or IMAP enabled. Tested the same issue here and it's the Gmail app that works when BIS email won't.
    01-10-12 06:21 AM
    Thanks for the help and advice guys!
    01-10-12 11:56 AM
    i think you have to enable it when you sign into gmail, in the mail settings, under forwarding and imap/pop3. then follow these instructions, you might have to do some advanced setting items but just got my wifes school email setup on her blackberry.
    Gmail Help
    01-10-12 11:58 AM
    yup, I JUST enabled IMAP in my school email settings (google) and I then could set up my college email on my BlackBerry!

I'm so glad because it was getting frustrating to have to us my mobile brower or tether just to reply to a school email.

I don't know why it took me so long to enabled IMAP, lol. I kind of forgot all about the email issue as I had my school email forwared to my other regular gmail to my BB.

Now I have my college email all set up on the BB and am pleased with that!
    04-16-12 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD