Ok guys here is the big sh-bang I own a 8330 with verizon. The first post is correct about how to change this , but what I havnt seen posted on here is a simple solution to a problem we all make un knowingly and its not because you did something wrong. When you first get your phone and set up an e-mail VIA YOUR PHONE �ou have to manage your accounts via your phone's "e-mail settings"and cannot do it via your carriers BIS web site via the PC. Therefore a lot of you are getting the problem with "this pin is already registered" but then you put your pin to get your password pinned to you and it says no account exists. You must call verizon's customer service (I'm pretty sure this will work for everyone) and have them remove your e-mail account's(all of them) if removing it from your phone via "e-mail settings" --> email accounts ---->delete........after that is done go to the first post and follow the instructions via your PC and register your pin/account then add your e-mails via the web then edit your sig all via the PC after you've created your account/first e-mail you can continue to add other emails via your phones e-mail settings but remember signatures cannot be edited via your phone....I know this will help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Excellent post and it sure clears up a few things. Thanks.
    11-04-08 06:27 PM
    Hey, thanks for the tip, worked great on my Sprint Curve 8330.
    11-10-08 07:11 PM
    Ok guys here is the big sh-bang I own a 8330 with verizon. The first post is correct about how to change this , but what I havnt seen posted on here is a simple solution to a problem we all make un knowingly and its not because you did something wrong. When you first get your phone and set up an e-mail VIA YOUR PHONE �ou have to manage your accounts via your phone's "e-mail settings"and cannot do it via your carriers BIS web site via the PC. Therefore a lot of you are getting the problem with "this pin is already registered" but then you put your pin to get your password pinned to you and it says no account exists. You must call verizon's customer service (I'm pretty sure this will work for everyone) and have them remove your e-mail account's(all of them) if removing it from your phone via "e-mail settings" --> email accounts ---->delete........after that is done go to the first post and follow the instructions via your PC and register your pin/account then add your e-mails via the web then edit your sig all via the PC after you've created your account/first e-mail you can continue to add other emails via your phones e-mail settings but remember signatures cannot be edited via your phone....I know this will help

To follow up on this: My data service went down Friday night/Saturday morning and I had to call in to Verizon to figure out the problem. While I had the rep on the phone, I asked her about the signature. She said that all we had to do was to get me set up on the Verizon site. She asked me for a username and then set a password for me (that I changed later). I DID NOT have to delete any email accounts on the phone or on the internet. Just made my changes to the signature, set some filters and was done in 5 minutes. Easy as pie.
    11-10-08 09:13 PM
    Great post! Hate those shameless promotional signatures!
    11-11-08 05:23 AM
    Just erased the signature on both my email accounts! Don't forget to create username and password on device first through your email setup.

11-11-08 07:37 AM
    Worked like a champ!

Thanks!
    11-12-08 11:32 PM
    Didnt work for me? I wil try again since i am a newbie? i must have missed a step
    11-14-08 10:00 AM
    also i cant figure out how to get on the web? i pull up the browser and i get the verizon screen with with the 11 apps. i can do the basic weather, sports, news and so on. How do i get to google or crackberry on my bb curve? I have searched and searched and cant find a thread with this info and cannot post new threads yet. Thanks for any help!
    11-14-08 10:07 AM
    Thanks! That was very helpful~
    11-19-08 01:18 PM
    The original post was great, no need for deleting all your email accounts etc...
    Just follow the original post, and if you get an error when you KNOW your pass is correct, check the link in the original post.
    I have a real old Sprint account, and for some reason the nextel site does not recognize my login so I just deleted the "nextel" on the end of the link and substituted "sprint" ... it worked perfectly.
    11-20-08 02:19 AM
    Thanks! That was easy...
    12-04-08 09:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge - the information was right on target.

This site is a gold mine - I learn something useful every time I log in.
    12-10-08 10:19 PM
    Read every post of every page of this topic....and BAM! that lousy signature is GONE!

Thank you so much and thanks to the internet god's for helping me stumble onto this mecca of BB info!!
    12-13-08 02:28 AM
    Thank you... thank you... thank you!! 8310 newbie here!!
    12-13-08 09:25 AM
    Greetings All! Complete Blackberry newb here!

I would really like to change the signature for our Blackberry but can't figure out where the BIS is for our provider. I have looked around the MTS site but can't find it. Anyone from Manitoba on MTS know how?

Thanks,

JD

EDIT - It's okay I figured it out.
    Last edited by R2-JD; 12-19-08 at 11:20 AM.
    12-19-08 10:00 AM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    woooo hoooooo , thank you !! this worked like a charm with Alltel and using Firefox
    12-28-08 06:44 PM
    Wow, thanks for the help. I am no longer free advertisement for AT&T thru my emails.
    12-28-08 07:10 PM
    thanks for the info. once I figured out that FF doesn't play nice and switched to IE it was simple. now no more sig here...
    12-29-08 10:36 AM
    Worked perfectly on ATT!

2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread

4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    12-30-08 03:55 AM
    Thanks! Great info.
    12-31-08 03:33 PM
    On the storm home screen, click the 'setup' folder>'Email Settings' (unless you customized yours differently, this is the default)>click the email adress you would like to change>scroll to 'Password' and re-enter your password (or else you won't be able to save your changes)>scroll to 'Signature' and change your signature>click 'save'...Done!

This is my first post here at these forums. Hi people! Happy new year.
    Last edited by Emilluminati; 01-01-09 at 11:49 AM. Reason: correct grammar and additional info
    01-01-09 11:40 AM
    "lorefice
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8320 (Curve)
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular Join Date: Jul 2008

507 Error.. Help Me Please!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, i added the new OS 4.5 to my BB only to find out it kept making my phone restart every 34975395793 seconds..

So i went back to the old OS and i got a 507 error during the upload on my phone..!! All the help forums are saying that after connecting take out the battery and it will say pin unknown..

Only thing that pops up on the load is COM3 and it is saying USB device unkown on a pop in the bottom right of my screen.

I'm super frustrated!! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!! Kinda "slow" with the BB stuff and would need step by step directions..

If you know how to help please send me a message or post reply, ASAP! Thank You!"

contact your carrier before you destroy your phone their there to help you and when you dont know what to do contact them instead of writing here in a post that has nothing to do with what your replying
    Last edited by rubyblood; 01-01-09 at 11:50 AM. Reason: didnt qoute
    01-01-09 11:48 AM
    I broke down and called Verizon because I didn't know my user name. I kept putting in my pin, and it said it was sending my password to my bb, but the email said " no account exists.

Turned out my user name was my phone number.

Anyway, she walked me through and within 4 minutes it was gone. Thanks OP!!
    01-03-09 01:20 PM

crackberry out.
    Thank you for the info. i thought the username and password was the same as my blackberry owners lounge. thanks
    01-04-09 04:52 AM
    access the setting through your BB "setup" folder, select "email settings" and scroll down to signature
    01-06-09 09:17 PM
395 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD