01-03-13 11:58 AM
395 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I have a Blackberry 8310 at&t does anyone know how to delete the signature "Sent Via BlackBerrt AT&T?? I went online to blackberry.com and it does not recongise my user name and password what I get is incorrect information or when trying to register I get that an account was already set up with my pin and imei have already been set up with setup with this account....
    07-30-08 09:25 PM
    And.... I have tried to do this through my blackberry internet setup it tells my to log onto a pc and do this through blackberry internet service
    07-30-08 09:26 PM
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! I also had to call Verizon directly and get a user name and password...then the rest was a breeze!
    08-11-08 11:06 PM
    THANK U SOOOO MUCH -- mission accomplished, VZW siggy removed!!
    08-13-08 03:21 PM
    Thanks recon! Your directions were perfect.
    08-13-08 06:40 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8310 at&t does anyone know how to delete the signature "Sent Via BlackBerrt AT&T?? I went online to blackberry.com and it does not recongise my user name and password what I get is incorrect information or when trying to register I get that an account was already set up with my pin and imei have already been set up with setup with this account....
    Call ATT and select the option for email problems. Once you connect, tell them the issue you are having with logging into BIS. I had the same problem and it took about 10 minutes for the CS rep to fix.
    08-14-08 12:33 AM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    Thank you for explaining step 1 - I was not getting it until your post Thanks a bunch!
    08-18-08 01:15 AM

On your phone, got to email setup and create a username and password. Then when you establish that to to your pc and use the login you created.

reconstruct gave good directions

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"
    08-18-08 01:25 AM
    Thanks for the word!
    08-18-08 10:34 AM
    thanks for the help with this I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to remove that.
    08-19-08 04:48 PM
    I am on my second BB and I have always disliked it. So yeah for
    08-24-08 12:37 AM
    thanks for the link took care of the job
    08-25-08 08:45 AM
    I found that I was not able to log in to BlackBerry Internet Service using Firefox

Once I used I.E., I was able to log in and make the change!
    FINALLY! I was struggling trying to sign into the site with FF and it was driving me crazy. They really need to fix that problem ASAP!

Thanks for the tip!
    08-25-08 12:01 PM
    I figured it out!! Hopefully this works for other Sprint users. If you are unable to change your email signatures on your device, and can not login to sprint.blackberry.com from a regular computer, then try this.

1) Download the Opera Mini web browser, operamini.com. This is a much better browser than the BB browser and functions more like a standard web browser.

2) Start the Opera browser and point the browser to sprint.blackberry.com.

3) Login using the same user name and password you set up on your BB handheld when you attached your email address to the BB (in the email settings application).

4) Once logged in, scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way and select the icon that looks like a pen and a piece of paper. It is the first icon in a column of 3 icons.

5) Scroll down to the signature text box and erase or change your signature.

Good Luck!
    Thanks so much... I kept using the link from the 1st post for Sprint and it didn't work ever... I followed your steps and was done in 3min! Thank you so much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 03:18 AM
    I can not seem to get this to work. I can not even login to alltel.blackberry.com. I even tried to create an account and it said one already exists for my PIN. Then I sent the password for the account using my PIN and it said an username and password don't exist. What am I doing wrong?
    09-16-08 08:35 PM
    Holy Crap - it sure takes a bit of tinkering to get this done. In my case I have ATT - and didn't read far enough on the board to get the "help" that was there. Someone needs to tell these carriers to provide a little more guidance to new users on how to initially set up the accounts so they can get access either from the phone or via the desk top. Good thing I'm a "keyboard slapping monkey" and finally luck into what I needed [but who knows what I signed up for that I may not have needed ]
    09-19-08 08:37 AM
    This is how I did it on T-Mobile, new customer (1 week). I logged into my account via my PC using Firefox and accessed my emails using the link in the screenshot and edited the email signatures there:

ok.. well I can't post URL's yet hmm. I guess I will edit it when I have 10 posts. Sorry!

It's the 'Set up BlackBerry Internet email' link that's in the lower left portion of the main profile area you get to when you log on. The first link below 'messaging'. Click it to get rid of that pesky signature on your configured emails!
    10-04-08 05:36 PM
    thanks a mil!

I've been going crazy tyring to figure it out in the last couple of days!
    10-05-08 05:57 PM
    Ok guys here is the big sh-bang I own a 8330 with verizon. The first post is correct about how to change this , but what I havnt seen posted on here is a simple solution to a problem we all make un knowingly and its not because you did something wrong. When you first get your phone and set up an e-mail VIA YOUR PHONE żou have to manage your accounts via your phone's "e-mail settings"and cannot do it via your carriers BIS web site via the PC. Therefore a lot of you are getting the problem with "this pin is already registered" but then you put your pin to get your password pinned to you and it says no account exists. You must call verizon's customer service (I'm pretty sure this will work for everyone) and have them remove your e-mail account's(all of them) if removing it from your phone via "e-mail settings" --> email accounts ---->delete........after that is done go to the first post and follow the instructions via your PC and register your pin/account then add your e-mails via the web then edit your sig all via the PC after you've created your account/first e-mail you can continue to add other emails via your phones e-mail settings but remember signatures cannot be edited via your phone....I know this will help

Last edited by gschaefer612; 10-06-08 at 02:19 AM.
    10-06-08 02:15 AM
    this was super easy on tmobile..
    thanks again!!
    10-06-08 12:39 PM
    Wierd... my Sprint Curve will let me log into my email accounts on the BB but not on the BIS site on my PC... tells me my password is invalid.

I need to get these sigs changed so people know its *me* emailing them.

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry All, solved my problem. Reading more than the first page in the forum helps. I'll be better next time. THANKS!
    Last edited by hilary_goldberg; 10-10-08 at 08:09 PM. Reason: found my answer
    10-10-08 08:01 PM
    Wierd... my Sprint Curve will let me log into my email accounts on the BB but not on the BIS site on my PC... tells me my password is invalid.

I need to get these sigs changed so people know its *me* emailing them.

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry All, solved my problem. Reading more than the first page in the forum helps. I'll be better next time. THANKS!
    Don't apologize - some of these people expect others to read through an entire forum (even if it's hundereds of pages) before they ask a question. They spend so much time yelling and going "READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!!!" when they could just be polite and answer the question.
    10-10-08 10:54 PM
    Step 1
    Login to you BIS site depending on your carrier. The most popular carriers are listed below.

Step 2
    Click edit next to the email account you want to remove the signature from.

Step 3
    In the field titled "Signature" erase all the text for no signature or edit it to display something in place of "Sent from my BlackBerry."

thanks for this. it's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

oh, and hello to everyone. My first post
    10-11-08 12:24 PM
    Ok guys here is the big sh-bang I own a 8330 with verizon. The first post is correct about how to change this , but what I havnt seen posted on here is a simple solution to a problem we all make un knowingly and its not because you did something wrong. When you first get your phone and set up an e-mail VIA YOUR PHONE żou have to manage your accounts via your phone's "e-mail settings"and cannot do it via your carriers BIS web site via the PC. Therefore a lot of you are getting the problem with "this pin is already registered" but then you put your pin to get your password pinned to you and it says no account exists. You must call verizon's customer service (I'm pretty sure this will work for everyone) and have them remove your e-mail account's(all of them) if removing it from your phone via "e-mail settings" --> email accounts ---->delete........after that is done go to the first post and follow the instructions via your PC and register your pin/account then add your e-mails via the web then edit your sig all via the PC after you've created your account/first e-mail you can continue to add other emails via your phones e-mail settings but remember signatures cannot be edited via your phone....I know this will help

what happens with my blackberry email address though? wil i be able to get it back?
    10-16-08 05:14 PM
    I have gone onto the BIS and changed my signature on all three of my accounts to no avail. Why is it not working? I am on AT&T. I have cleared my cache, cookies and brain at this point. I keep sending messages to myself just to see if it works and it doesn't. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-22-08 07:49 PM
395 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD