Great post - I could not figure out why I could not edit this on my Curve. I tried via Firefox and could not do it either. Using IE solved the issue and I now have a custom Signature. Thanks to all.
    05-21-08 11:27 AM
    For the other VZW users out there, here's what I had to do to get it to work. First, I pointed myself to this thread on the blackberry to utilize the "Verizon" link Trevor posted (Just realized you can also just do the e-mail settings option right on the BB). From there I clicked on "new user" to create and username and pw. Now on your PC follow the Verizon link and use that username and pw to log in. From there follow the rest of Trevors instructions and voila.
    05-22-08 11:29 AM
    Trevor-I am a new BB Sprint user (Curve 8330). I have already set it up and get email, etc perfectly. I would like to change the "sent from..." signature but am unclear on how to do that at Sprint. My email is through Verizon. Thanks
    05-26-08 05:39 AM
    I use my own POP3 address. Here is what Verizon told me (and it works fine)

Go to: www/blackberry.com/go/vzw.

Enter your user name and password (I did not have one so I called Verizon @ 800 922 0204 and got one pronto)

Find your e-mail address and click on edit

Change the signature

Enter your E-MAIL password (Make sure the user name is correct)

That's it!

If you have a problem call 800-922-0204. I found them very helpful
    05-30-08 03:05 PM
    I finally figured it out. Duh! Thanks for all the help!
    05-30-08 03:31 PM
    I had successfully been using the link provided for my Verizon Curve. Today, I tried going to the site (that I bookmarked) and it's telling me that I cannot access that page in that manner and that I need to use the link provided by my carrier.

I found a link by searching on the VZW site and that's not working either. Then I called CS and she gave me a new one to try, BlackBerry Internet Service and that sends me to the same page. Anyone run into this yet? Is this just a fluke with the BIS site?

Thanks for this great site. I'm a neewbie and there's tons of great info on here.
    Last edited by megankress; 05-31-08 at 09:12 AM.
    05-31-08 08:43 AM
    I had successfully been using the link provided for my Verizon Curve. Today, I tried going to the site (that I bookmarked) and it's telling me that I cannot access that page in that manner and that I need to use the link provided by my carrier.

I found a link by searching on the VZW site and that's not working either. Then I called CS and she gave me a new one to try, BlackBerry Internet Service and that sends me to the same page. Anyone run into this yet? Is this just a fluke with the BIS site?

Thanks for this great site. I'm a neewbie and there's tons of great info on here.

You must create a username and password from the device using the email settings before you can log into the account via pc.
    05-31-08 09:59 AM
    You must create a username and password from the device using the email settings before you can log into the account via pc.
    I did create a username sometime ago. But an update-- I had a thought and for some reason, the links weren't working with Firefox. Odd, because they had just the day before. I tried them in IE and it worked. Hard to say...
    06-03-08 10:20 AM
    I have the lower BB plan does this cost more to sign up on BIS? I was looking at user agreement and it said "No payment is made directly to RIM; all payments for BIS are made to Your wireless service provider". Is this something I already am paying for?
    06-05-08 06:04 PM
    Thank You!! I hated that little sig. I just hated the way it came off
    06-05-08 06:50 PM
    very useful. thanks a bunch.
    06-07-08 03:10 AM
    Thanks reconstrukt this worke great!!!!
    06-07-08 07:27 AM
    I have Sprint.

I had to use BlackBerry Internet Service instead of the link in the first post. inorder to get into my account
    Last edited by CeoStatus0; 06-07-08 at 07:04 PM.
    06-07-08 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the instructions. I had a bit of a glitch when all of a sudden my optonline account stopped pushing the e-mails, but I reinstalled it and both signatures have been edited. Great instructions.
    Thanks again.
    06-08-08 02:04 AM
    Thanks, reconstrukt. This worked great, and now I don't have to get cra*@% from my friends and coworkers about emails sent from their "Slow, old desktop computers".
    06-11-08 07:29 PM
    How the H*** do I do this on T-Mobile 8320? The link on the 1st post just takes you to the t-mobile regular site, not the one to set up anything! help!
    06-12-08 03:49 PM
    I changed mine in less than 3 minutes. (on the AT&T/Cingular network)

Open your browser, click on 'Blackberry Start' (one the MediaNET homepage)
    and then click 'Create New Username' and follow the prompts.

After that's all squared away, on your desktop, go to the page mentioned above (click AT&T) and enter the username and password you created from your mobile device, and VOILA! you can edit your mobile email sig. to your hearts desire.
    That worked perfectly. Thanks
    06-12-08 11:57 PM
    I can't seem to sign into Verizon's BIS site. It says "This device is not accessible through HTML. Please log into through your device's internet service." Anyone have this problem? All I want to do is remove the signature on my 8830!

Thanks.
    You must first setup a nickname to access it via html. You use your phones browser to goto the BIS site and then create a nickname. I ran into the same problem.
    06-15-08 04:41 PM
    I can't thank everyone enough for the tips posted to this thread. I am so glad to have a real signature now vs. doing free advertising for my carrier and for Blackberry.
    06-15-08 05:02 PM
    My carrier is Cellular South. My default email signature is "Sent From My BlackBerry Smartphone". Can anyone explain how I can edit the signature? Thanks for any advice. P.S. Happy Father's Day everyone.
    06-15-08 05:35 PM
    here is my question- when i log into the blackberry site and have the option to change the signature line, it looks like i have enough space to have both my name and the "sent from my verizon wireless blackberry" i always get an error message when i try to do both, any reason for this?
    06-16-08 12:01 AM
    Another super helpful post, I don't know what I'd do without Crackberry!!
    06-17-08 12:15 PM
    My carrier is Cellular South. My default email signature is "Sent From My BlackBerry Smartphone". Can anyone explain how I can edit the signature? Thanks for any advice. P.S. Happy Father's Day everyone.
    The very first post tells you how??

I thought it was pretty straight forward?
    06-17-08 12:16 PM
    Msgolfgirl, Just in case you haven't gotten it yet.....
    Here is the link to your carriers BIS website. Then just follow the directions from the top of this thread.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=csouth1

Goodluck.
    06-17-08 07:37 PM
    wow this was the easiest post to follow and there was about 50 posts asking "How do I do this?"

My 90yr old grandmother figured out how to change this using tmobile.com.

lol
    06-17-08 08:53 PM
395 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD