01-03-13 11:58 AM
395 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks so much for that Trevor! Finally I got rid of the annoying auto signature! Also why does none of my info show under my name anymore? I saved it but it still doesn't show up?
    11-25-07 03:27 AM
    This is fantastic information!! Thank you so much, Trevor!!
    Glad I could help, both of you.
    Thanks so much for that Trevor! Finally I got rid of the annoying auto signature! Also why does none of my info show under my name anymore? I saved it but it still doesn't show up?
    If you are referring to on the forums, the info is there. But when you use quick reply and click submit, you must refresh the page for you to see your own information there. Others can see it as soon as you post though.
    11-25-07 11:56 AM
    worked like a charm using the verizon BIS site! thank you very much!
    11-29-07 06:47 PM
    The approaches in this thread don't seem to apply if you use BIS and Vodafone UK.
    Anyone know how to do it?

I use BIS and my Curve 8310.
    My email account is first.second@btinternet.com

Desktop Manager 4.3 does not include any option to edit signature. It includes:Media Manager, Synchronise, Backup and Restore and ,Application Loader and Switch Device Wizard only.

Doing it from the 8310 device here's what happens:

Click Mobile Email Settings icon
    allows me to view my email account: first.second@btinternet.com

Clicking Edit displays:

Email Account name
    Reply to:
    Your Name
    Password

all with edit boxes.

But Signature and Username are not editable.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    11-30-07 09:38 AM
    Am I doing something totally wrong. going to sprint.blackberry.com it won't let me login with already setup login and then redirects me to a webpage with ATT logo and ATT contact info.

** Edit ** and now it works.
    Last edited by cesiums; 12-03-07 at 04:36 PM.
    12-03-07 04:21 PM
    There has been many thread and questions regarding signatures. keep this bumped up to the top.
    12-07-07 07:16 PM
    I agree. Thank you; that sig was really getting on my nerves.
    12-08-07 11:13 PM
    I'm getting extremely frustrated!! I cant log in on the sprint.blackberry.com to edit my siggy!!! It keeps telling me to check my info and try again! I know my info is right, I can log in on my bb, but it wont let me edit my signature from my bb! help please! why cant I log on using the pc?
    12-09-07 02:49 PM
    this is really making me feel like a ******.....try settin up filters in Desktop Manager as well as right through the phone...no dice.
    12-10-07 02:51 PM
    I found that I was not able to log in to BlackBerry Internet Service using Firefox

Once I used I.E., I was able to log in and make the change!
    12-11-07 09:14 PM
    Anyone know the procedures for Rogers carrier... I have tried to login in to the bis site from both my pc and my 8310 curve and no luck i am still reading but will try any other suggestions you guys may have. Thanks and Great Site!!!
    Last edited by Wiz; 12-14-07 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo
    12-14-07 12:15 AM
    reconstrut,

When I go to Step 1, email settings I have three options: Confirm delivery, Confirm Read, Send Read Receipts.

I have Verizon, and BB 8830.

thanks.
    Bob
    12-25-07 11:10 PM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    Crackberry Newbie here. Thanks Reconstrukt! That signature thing is annoying. This worked perfectly!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-29-07 11:24 PM
    worked flawlessly on t-mobile 8320 curve
    12-30-07 12:58 PM
    Worked well for Centennial Wireless. Thanx for the info.
    01-04-08 01:52 PM
    Anyone know how to do this for an Enterprise option?
    01-04-08 07:58 PM
    I found that I was not able to log in to sing Firefox

Once I used I.E., I was able to log in and make the change!
    Good advice, I tried it, still no dice. Followed the steps in the thread: set up a BB account via handheld, tried to log in to the VZW BIS
    and I still keep getting "username/password doesn't exist" error.
    I tried to "recover password" and got an email ON MY VZW BB account that said the account doesn't exist.
    How could the account not exist if I get an email on the BB???
    Anyways, I emailed VZ tech support and described the problem.
    all i want to do is get rid of that sig from ****!
    stay tuned for more frustrations!
    01-06-08 04:21 PM
    Thank you!
    01-07-08 08:58 AM
    You have to log in via a PC to get it to work. Using the BB Browser won't let you edit or delete the signature.
    The handheld device won't let you edit the signature either, if it's a hotmail or comcast account. The signature is grayed out, not available for editing.
    01-13-08 09:45 AM
    If one logs into BIS from a PC you can edit the signature of your email accounts...

I've just tested it with AT&T and T-Mobile...
    01-13-08 01:01 PM
    Ok, I've read a lot of threads and done a lot of searching, but can't get rid of the signature.

I have an 8830 WE and my carrier is Verizon.

I tried going to the http bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw site, however after trying to request my password it just says I have to "use you device to access Blackberry Internet Service". Of course it does not tell me how to do this.

I've read several of the posts here, but none seem to apply to me. I don't have an "E-Mail Settings" other than if I go Messages -> Options -> E-mail Settings, but even then I can only edit confirm delivery, confirm read, send red reciepts.

Can anyone help? If I could just figure out the cryptic method for logging into the Blackberry Internet Service from the 8830 itself and not the web site (and I'm talkin' blow-by-blow directions) I think that would do it.

THANKS!!!
    Last edited by tjorven35; 01-14-08 at 10:37 PM.
    01-14-08 10:34 PM
    Type the address into the browser on your BB and log in that way...
    01-14-08 11:13 PM
    ahhh thank you! i didnt know how to get rid of it at all!
    01-16-08 05:34 PM
    I try to login to my BIS but it says that http isn't available and to use my device to log in. I try to use the browser and the edit sig is not an editable option.
    01-16-08 11:32 PM
    I figured it out!! Hopefully this works for other Sprint users. If you are unable to change your email signatures on your device, and can not login to sprint.blackberry.com from a regular computer, then try this.

1) Download the Opera Mini web browser, operamini.com. This is a much better browser than the BB browser and functions more like a standard web browser.

2) Start the Opera browser and point the browser to sprint.blackberry.com.

3) Login using the same user name and password you set up on your BB handheld when you attached your email address to the BB (in the email settings application).

4) Once logged in, scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way and select the icon that looks like a pen and a piece of paper. It is the first icon in a column of 3 icons.

5) Scroll down to the signature text box and erase or change your signature.

Good Luck!
    01-19-08 06:20 PM
395 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD