01-03-13 11:58 AM
395 ... 1213141516
tools
    Ok, so i read all 22 pages and i cannot find anything on this. I get an error saying that my phone is not registered on the network with instructions on how to register it, and that if it doesn't work to contact my service provider. This prompt comes up in Firefox, IE and the BB browser.

I have a Nextel 8350i

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Register.

So i did that and i still get the same message, even after waiting for a while. Can someone tell me how to fix this? please Please PLEASE tell me i don't have to call those jerks at Sprint/Nextel.

I have a 8350I nextel and this is what i did..click on the menu key/go to setup/click on e-mail setting/it will show the said email address..click on edit scroll down it will have the signature in a box just delete whats in it or change it to whatever you want click on save it will ask you to confirm your password and your done..
    09-20-09 03:34 PM
    I called Verizon and it took them about 3 minutes and I was good to go.
    Last edited by rex07734; 09-22-09 at 03:33 PM.
    09-22-09 01:02 PM
    if you go into email setup.... not in options but in your setup folder, you can edit your existing email accounts on the phone. There you can change the signature.
    Right. Just did mine 10min ago. I was just about post what u said. Loving the tour. Peace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 06:35 PM
    That works for BES email, but BIS has to be changed through the setup wizard on your phone, or through your carriers BIS site.
    10-04-09 04:48 PM
    On my Blackberry Curve 8310 it is an option in email settings Just put NO where it asks if you want an auto signature. If you want one..then change 'Sent from my blackberry' to whatever you think you want.
    (This has probably already been posted somewhere).
    10-05-09 12:59 AM
    Thank you !
    10-06-09 12:04 PM
    LOL @ 23 pages of this.
    10-06-09 01:09 PM
    This works perfectly. Thanks!
    I would only add that the email options is available in the Setup Wizard - Email Setup - select the 'I want to create or add an email address' <even if you are modifying to remove the signature>, then for each email you choose the 'Edit', delete the signature (scroll down) and scroll down again to save. Definitely not intuitive!
    10-08-09 02:14 PM
    i tried going to the site my network is sprint and tried creating a new username but says my account is not registered w my provider which is not true bc i even got the message sent to my phone to notify it was registered but still nothing... any one else having problems with that
    10-09-09 04:57 PM
    it worked for me.
    10-09-09 04:59 PM
    thanks i did but on my phone still couldnt creat an acoount
    10-09-09 05:13 PM
    Cool, finally got rid of those damn sigs!
    10-11-09 01:28 AM
    I figured it out!! Hopefully this works for other Sprint users. If you are unable to change your email signatures on your device, and can not login to sprint.blackberry.com from a regular computer, then try this.

1) Download the Opera Mini web browser, operamini.com. This is a much better browser than the BB browser and functions more like a standard web browser.

2) Start the Opera browser and point the browser to sprint.blackberry.com.

3) Login using the same user name and password you set up on your BB handheld when you attached your email address to the BB (in the email settings application).

4) Once logged in, scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way and select the icon that looks like a pen and a piece of paper. It is the first icon in a column of 3 icons.

5) Scroll down to the signature text box and erase or change your signature.

Good Luck!
    This worked like a charm! I'm one happy newbie. I'm looking for BBM buddies, esp to discuss BB solutions and NFL football. Thanks Shawnh.
    10-11-09 12:37 PM
    why is it some people can't access the BIS setup through the internet but must use their phones?

My Verizon Tour must go through Setup > Email Accounts on the handheld.
    10-28-09 04:04 PM
    Paperchaserz!!
    11-05-09 06:49 PM
    I can't seem to sign into Verizon's BIS site. It says "This device is not accessible through HTML. Please log into through your device's internet service." Anyone have this problem? All I want to do is remove the signature on my 8830!

Thanks.
    Was this question ever addressed. I checked back and didn't see an answer as I'm getting the same response.
    11-06-09 06:06 PM
    you have to do it through the handheld via:

Setup folder > Email settings

The only way.
    11-06-09 06:17 PM
    actually now that I look at it, you can do the above, then hit the menu button, and "create user name" so you can access BIS via your computer. I think.
    11-06-09 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the info. I have a new Tour (I'm new to Blackberry) and I don't like the sig line. I'll try again. Thanks.
    11-06-09 06:41 PM
    I got it squared away with the help of a tech at Verizon. Thanks for the help Furballz
    11-06-09 08:01 PM
    Awesome! Thank you, worked on my sprint. Had to change the link to "=sprint" instead of "=nextel"

Sent from my Dingleberry.
    11-07-09 07:04 PM
    thank you, it worked...
    11-08-09 09:27 AM
    Is there really a way to do this?? I don't need certain people knowing about my BB.
    11-11-09 02:30 AM
    Go to setup - e-mail settings - press the address you want to change - high light signature, than erase or put what you like there
    11-22-09 05:54 PM
    Go to setup - e-mail settings - press the address you want to change - high light signature, than erase or put what you like there
    Actually, at least for Verizon, it's necessary to change the signature line with the server and not with the device. That's what I had to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 09:29 PM
395 ... 1213141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD