01-03-13 11:58 AM
395 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Thanks, worked like a charm!
    02-18-09 10:03 AM
    Is the user name my email account?
    and is my password the one for my email account?
    02-19-09 10:45 PM
    Is the user name my email account?
    and is my password the one for my email account?
    02-19-09 10:54 PM
    i feel ******** after seeing this thread. i never even tried looking for setup. i guess i was to lazy to do the leg work also. thanks
    02-19-09 11:07 PM
    Ok, So I think I know why everyone (verizon) or otherwise has a big problem.

We have to set up an additional email account, example:

1. if you have a regular email account, like who@comcast you already have been receiving and sending email fine.

2. To utilize the blackberry system for texting amongst ourselves or using signatures etc, we must set up another additional account using the bb one.

Its from this that we sign in on the user name and password that everyone was saying and change the settings.

I set it up on my Storm and immediately saw that I had two Icons on my screen, one for comcast and one for blackberry.

Can someone else confirm that we have two emails then?
    So I do not go mad?
    Thanks
    02-20-09 01:08 AM
    Step 1
    Login to you BIS site depending on your carrier. The most popular carriers are listed below.
    This is really pissing me off. I go to the BIS/VZW page to Create a New Account. I enter my PIN and EID and it tells me my device has already had an account setup for it. I then try to log in using my name and the password I suspect I'd used. Doesn't work, so I request that they send me my password.

They offer two ways of looking up your password, via username or PIN. When I enter the PIN it sends me an email that says I have no account. When I enter what I figure is my username it sends me nothing even though it says it's sending the password to my device.

JD
    02-24-09 09:11 AM
    Thank you!!! I was having trouble but your post spelled it out for me. I got that sig removed! THANK YOU!!!!!
    02-25-09 11:07 PM
    Thank you for this writeup. You just saved me a bunch of time.
    02-25-09 11:54 PM
    This works perfectly. Thanks!
    When I wen through the account setup process. I was told that I already had a user name for the existing PIN. A Verizon rep originally setup my account. How do I find my user name and password?
    02-26-09 11:27 AM
    Nice. thanks for the info. I LOVE IT!
    02-26-09 12:55 PM
    Still not able to delete it on Sprint.

When I go to my email options, it takes me to the BIS sign in on my phone. I log in no problem, it shows me the email I have set up which I send and receive on my BB.

When I go to the Sprint link at the beginning of this thread, I use the same login and password as I did on my phone, but it tells me to check my information and try again. WTF?

Do I need to create an email through my phone with the @sprint.blackberry.net in order to do this?

This is really ticking me off and seems like it should be relatively easy to change, but for whatever reason, it is not.

Please help.

*EDIT* So now I have 2 email accounts coming to my phone. My original one I set up when I first got the phone (gmail) and now the newly created @sprint.blackberry.net one. I can log in to the BIS through the email options via my BB phone no problem. But when I jump on the computer and go to the sign in page, I use the exact same info, and it still tells me my damn UN/PW is wrong. I just want to delete this stupid message from my emails since I am looking for a job and don't want this attached in case I have to reply on the road. How do I get rid of this please?
    Last edited by Bowersdmstech; 02-26-09 at 01:35 PM.
    02-26-09 01:30 PM
    Ok well I don't know why, but this did not work using Firefox. For the heck of it, I switched over to Internet Explorer and my login worked like a charm (Same one I attempted on Firefox) It then allowed me to login and remove the option no problem. So now it is gone.

So if anyone is out there using Firefox, try Internet Explorer.

Also, instead of clicking on the link in this thread, I googled BIS Blackberry Login and clicked on the link to my carrier from the Blackberry site as well. Not sure if this had anything to do with it, but these are the 2 things I did differently this time that got it to work for me.
    02-26-09 01:42 PM
    Ok well I don't know why, but this did not work using Firefox. For the heck of it, I switched over to Internet Explorer and my login worked like a charm (Same one I attempted on Firefox) It then allowed me to login and remove the option no problem. So now it is gone.

So if anyone is out there using Firefox, try Internet Explorer.

Also, instead of clicking on the link in this thread, I googled BIS Blackberry Login and clicked on the link to my carrier from the Blackberry site as well. Not sure if this had anything to do with it, but these are the 2 things I did differently this time that got it to work for me.
    If you follow the above steps (google BIS Blackberry login for your carrier, use IE) prior to the steps in this e-mail thread. You will be able to change your e-mail signature.

At first I was just clicking on the link in the original thread and I logged in w/ the correct credentials and it would tell me that I need to check my information. Although this information was correct. When I googled the link, found it, it worked fine!
    02-27-09 04:17 PM
    Just got my Verizon Storm 9530 a week ago....I was able to remove/modify my email signature by going through Email Settings on my device (logging into BIS via PC or device did not work).

Steps I did:
    Go to Email Settings (Under the Setup folder)
    Wait for it to connect/initialize, etc.
    Select the email account you wish to modify
    Click on Edit (pencil icon at bottom of screen or via Short Menu on BB button)

You should now have access to edit your email settings. The screen will be very small as the keyboard will take up half of it. I didn't even notice that there was more screen real estate to scroll through the first time. If you scroll down you should find the box to edit or remove your signature.

P.S. I am totally hooked on my crackberry - the Storm, although not perfect, and anything technical and complex like these devices is not perfect, is truly awesome. I've been a Handspring/Treo on Windows dude forever until now. Can't wait for future updates and the Application Center or whatever they're going to call it.
    03-02-09 04:00 PM
    For sprint, it's just sprint.blackberry.com

At least, that's what worked for me
    03-03-09 06:51 AM
    same here. the verizon link gives me an error.
    03-03-09 02:19 PM
    Storm 9350..went in to verizon site via OP and deleted the signature. Thanks, it's always a good feeling for a newbie to hit a home run early in the game
    03-13-09 04:25 PM
    Thanks for the tip! That sent from my BlackBerry thing was incredibly irritating. haha
    Last edited by Doctor_Maddox; 03-13-09 at 04:33 PM.
    03-13-09 04:31 PM
    a little off topic.. but it says my phones pin already has an account.. and when I do recover password the message I get is to create an account... ??? any idea on what I do next?

With Rogers Blackberry Pearl 8120

thanks
    03-13-09 06:56 PM
    You have to set it up from your Blackberry as Snake said above. Once you follow his instructions to set it up on your Bb you then to go the BIS login for your carrier using a PC, login with the info you set up using your Bb and make the changes from there.

The verizon link is:
    Thanks alot that worked must read slower.
    03-13-09 08:42 PM
    This was very helpful! Thank you.
    03-18-09 12:03 AM
    That is one of my favorite parts of having a Blackberry the sent from my bb signature. But I guess everybody different .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 02:05 PM
    Please forgive a newbie if this is repetitive:

To remove the 'sent from my blackberry' message when using Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), do the following: (this assumes you're the Administrator of the BES)

1) Open the Blackberry Manager software on the server.
    2) Under Blackberry Domain, click on 'Servers'.
    3) In the top right window, ensure the 'Servers' tab (to right of Global & left of User Groups List) is selected.
    4) In the bottom right window, click 'Edit Properties'.
    5) Select 'Messaging', then change the settings for the following:
    a) Prepended Disclaimer Text
    b) Appended Disclaimer Text
    6) You can also change the prepended & appended conflict rules to suit your (users') needs. I blanked out the text fields and set the conflict rules to 'Disable all disclaimer text' per management's request.

If you're not the BES Administrator but want this change made, you can let them have the steps above for reference. Hope this helps.
    03-20-09 06:35 PM
    Curve 8310 Here.......

Something happened with my charger and AT&T replaced by phone via warranty.

The new phone had a new OS on it and now it has the "Sent by" Message on everything I send (v4.5.0.110)

I logged onto my account as per the instructions in this thread and the account shows NOTHING in the signature box, yet I am still getting the messages.

I tried putting something else there, and that didn't work either.

I had no problems with this on my old phone.

Any thoughts?
    03-22-09 07:44 PM
    i found it easy to do this through the set up wizard.
    03-23-09 04:18 PM
395 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD