What password does step #9 refer to? Is this one created on the BB somehow or on the VZW site or my e-mail provider?
    07-06-10 02:02 PM
    Your email password.
    07-06-10 02:06 PM
    Got it - thanks!
    07-08-10 12:37 PM
    Step-by Step Easy method to remove/change signature line on a BlackBerry 8630 directly on the device (without logging in to websites, using desktop etc) :

1. From the main screen, press the menu button
    2. In the main icon menu, scroll down and click on the Setup Icon (looks like a folder with a green sun in it)
    3. Click on Email Settings Icon
    4. Click on the name of the email account you wish to change the signature on
    5. Click on Edit when the menu pops up
    6. Scroll down until you see the Signature: box
    7. Change or delete the text as needed
    8. Click on Save at the bottom of the screen
    9. Enter the password for your email account to process change
    10. Repeat Steps 3 through 8 for any other email accounts you wish to change the signature on
    11. Exit out to the main screen
    12. Done!

(What I think was confusing me, and perhaps others, is that I was trying to access email settings from the Message icon menu which doesn't work on Verizon BB--the proper email settings menu to access is accessed via the above procedure). Good luck!
    After much trial and error I figured this out on my own. I saw this thread and was going to post the instructions here for other Verizon users. Looks like you beat me to the punch. This is GREAT information for Verizon users and very easy. Thanks.
    07-23-10 09:34 AM
    Great tip..
    07-23-10 12:58 PM
    Great useful post, Dude!
    07-28-10 11:26 AM
    Step-by Step Easy method to remove/change signature line on a BlackBerry 8630 directly on the device (without logging in to websites, using desktop etc) :

1. From the main screen, press the menu button
    2. In the main icon menu, scroll down and click on the Setup Icon (looks like a folder with a green sun in it)
    3. Click on Email Settings Icon
    4. Click on the name of the email account you wish to change the signature on
    5. Click on Edit when the menu pops up
    6. Scroll down until you see the Signature: box
    7. Change or delete the text as needed
    8. Click on Save at the bottom of the screen
    9. Enter the password for your email account to process change
    10. Repeat Steps 3 through 8 for any other email accounts you wish to change the signature on
    11. Exit out to the main screen
    12. Done!

(What I think was confusing me, and perhaps others, is that I was trying to access email settings from the Message icon menu which doesn't work on Verizon BB--the proper email settings menu to access is accessed via the above procedure). Good luck!

I had to go through so many forums and instruction lists to get detailed instructions! People assume everyone knows how they are getting into a specific menu. Thanks so much for this! It is slightly different on my 8330 Curve but this helped me figure it out.
    Not to beat a dead horse but this is how it worked for me if anyone is looking for Verizon 8330 Curve instructions...
    main screen=> setup wizard=>email setup=>"I want to create or add an email address"=> edit (the address you want to remove signature from)=>signature field (change to what you want)=>save
    08-09-10 06:03 PM
    same for me so much frustration this should be a much easier process.. thanks all for the help.
    08-11-10 03:46 PM
    Yes, it did, thanks. Note to others: The user name is NOT the same as your [email protected]. It is a separate entity on its own that you have to create from your device's browser. You can use the same name (providing it is not already in use) as your BB email address, or it can be completely different. It is a 'master' account by which all of your email accounts can be managed via computer.
    good to know
    08-31-10 01:41 AM
    Too bad I never looked for this before searching my BB for the last half hour. Worked perfectly, thank you and good bye Sent from signature message...
    09-02-10 10:50 AM
    I had to go through so many forums and instruction lists to get detailed instructions! People assume everyone knows how they are getting into a specific menu. Thanks so much for this! It is slightly different on my 8330 Curve but this helped me figure it out.
    Not to beat a dead horse but this is how it worked for me if anyone is looking for Verizon 8330 Curve instructions...
    main screen=> setup wizard=>email setup=>"I want to create or add an email address"=> edit (the address you want to remove signature from)=>signature field (change to what you want)=>save
    Thanks, Mokhe303. That simple fix worked like a charm. Just went to the email setup on my phone and deleted the Verizon signature.
    09-04-10 09:05 AM
    I clicked on the Email Settings Icon instead of the Setup Icon and went thru the steps and was able to edit the signature as well. Spent about an hour going thru forums and BB's own site until I came upon this last page in this topic. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you, or on your screen! Loving my new BB!!
    12-01-10 04:59 PM
    I'm looking at my setup/e-mail/full menu/edit and there is a spce where you can edit this. Will this not also work? Maybe this is new with OS 6. I don't remember seeing it with OS5 and definitely no OS 4. Feedback?
    12-02-10 01:22 PM
    Good info.
    12-20-10 05:46 PM
    threehourtour - thank you sooooo much
    06-09-11 10:12 PM
    great thanks
    06-12-11 12:05 AM
    Cheers for that mate I'm gonna try it out tommorow when I'm on my pc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 05:47 PM
    Thanks! One of the most annoying things!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 07:32 PM
    Especially if it's the os6, go into the inbox
    >push the Blackberry button
    >scroll down and select option
    >Email Preferences
    >Uncheck "use auto signature"
    09-02-11 12:28 PM
    1. Set up folder
    2. Email Settings
    3. Highlight the account your interested in
    4. Menu