Verizon - went to the BIS site and the signature for one particular email account shows the signature as being the standard "sent from my..." Somehow I added "Merry Christmas" to this a few weeks ago and now want to remove it. This addition doesn't show on the BIS site but is still on my outgoing emails. Hopefully it won't take me until next December to get it off. Any ideas? Thanks!
    12-31-09 03:24 PM
    Duh! I figured out my own issue. I had downloaded SmartSig recently and that's where the additional piece is loaded. A great app by the way, as long as you remember that you have it! Happy New Year!!
    12-31-09 03:27 PM
    Nice and easy to do thanks.
    12-31-09 07:31 PM
    AWESOME!! I didn't even know you could do that! Thank you!
    01-07-10 02:53 PM
    awesome! Thank you, worked on my sprint. Had to change the link to "=sprint" instead of "=nextel"

sent from my dingleberry.
    lololololol!!!!
    01-07-10 02:54 PM
    don't change it....lol. be proud of what your sending it from .... if its a blackberry that is.
    BBT2B likes this.
    01-07-10 11:34 PM
    Always wondered about that thanks
    01-07-10 11:56 PM
    I figured it out!! Hopefully this works for other Sprint users. If you are unable to change your email signatures on your device, and can not login to sprint.blackberry.com from a regular computer, then try this.

1) Download the Opera Mini web browser, operamini.com. This is a much better browser than the BB browser and functions more like a standard web browser.

2) Start the Opera browser and point the browser to sprint.blackberry.com.

3) Login using the same user name and password you set up on your BB handheld when you attached your email address to the BB (in the email settings application).

4) Once logged in, scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way and select the icon that looks like a pen and a piece of paper. It is the first icon in a column of 3 icons.

5) Scroll down to the signature text box and erase or change your signature.

Good Luck!
    This works on Telus with the default BB Browser.
    Sweet
    Thanks to all who input information.
    Great forum
    01-17-10 09:14 PM
    yet another fantastic tip!
    01-20-10 09:10 PM
    don't change it....lol. be proud of what your sending it from .... if its a blackberry that is.
    ^ this this this
    01-26-10 04:35 AM
    There are times I don't want people to know how or whence I'm sending my messages. So I turn off that sig. If, for some reason, I want people to know I'm sending it from my BB, without actually telling them I'm sending it from my BB, I will type in, "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" at the bottom of the message as if the server automatically put it there.
    01-26-10 04:38 AM
    Ok so I am a newbie here. I am trying to log into change my signuture but I keep getting the following message:
    "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."
    I try the website with my Blackberry and I get an error message.
    Any ideas???
    01-28-10 05:36 PM
    yes, search for a thread called something like "Push email on Hotmail - Here's Your answer" It will tell you how to fix that.
    01-28-10 07:45 PM
    Logging on the carrier's BIS page is not required ( at least not with Sprint) to change the default signature and other settings for your email configuration. It can be done from your BB without creating an account on BIS.

Have not test it but this may not work if you already have a BIS account.( I read somewhere something about it....)

Email Settings application will allow you to Add/Delete/Change your email settings including Signature and Auto BCC. It basically provide access to most if not all configurable settings for email.
    01-30-10 09:31 AM
    REmove Singature "Sent from my Blackberry" for Bold 9700

How do I remove the singature?

Thanks
    Andre
    South Africa
    03-03-10 01:12 AM
    Ok so I am a newbie here. I am trying to log into change my signuture but I keep getting the following message:
    "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."
    I try the website with my Blackberry and I get an error message.
    Any ideas???
    I had this problem and finally realized after searching for a long time that you had to create an account and register it from your phone with BIS. The how-to is slightly outdated.
    03-03-10 01:43 AM
    never mind
    03-03-10 09:03 AM
    You can modify the signature from the device. Go to email settings. Select the email account you want to modify. Easy!
    03-06-10 09:36 AM
    Lets say you download a video that is 11 MB, after you have watched that video can you delete it and then get the 11 MB of memory back, or even if you delete it does it still stay stuck in memory? Please help!

03-06-10 01:54 PM
    worked like a charm! thanks!
    03-08-10 11:26 PM
    I had to have Sprint set up the username and password for me. I would constantly get the message that I am not registered to my wireless service provider. The tech support set up my username and password for me and even reworked my signature the way I wanted it, And now I can log onto it freely.
    03-11-10 12:09 AM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    worked a treat for me thanks
    03-12-10 10:05 AM
    Step-by Step Easy method to remove/change signature line on a BlackBerry 8630 directly on the device (without logging in to websites, using desktop etc) :

1. From the main screen, press the menu button
    2. In the main icon menu, scroll down and click on the Setup Icon (looks like a folder with a green sun in it)
    3. Click on Email Settings Icon
    4. Click on the name of the email account you wish to change the signature on
    5. Click on Edit when the menu pops up
    6. Scroll down until you see the Signature: box
    7. Change or delete the text as needed
    8. Click on Save at the bottom of the screen
    9. Enter the password for your email account to process change
    10. Repeat Steps 3 through 8 for any other email accounts you wish to change the signature on
    11. Exit out to the main screen
    12. Done!

(What I think was confusing me, and perhaps others, is that I was trying to access email settings from the Message icon menu which doesn't work on Verizon BB--the proper email settings menu to access is accessed via the above procedure). Good luck!
    Last edited by threehourtour; 03-14-10 at 06:32 PM.
    03-14-10 06:26 PM
    Step-by Step Easy method to remove/change signature line on a BlackBerry 8630 directly on the device (without logging in to websites, using desktop etc) :

1. From the main screen, press the menu button
    2. In the main icon menu, scroll down and click on the Setup Icon (looks like a folder with a green sun in it)
    3. Click on Email Settings Icon
    4. Click on the name of the email account you wish to change the signature on
    5. Click on Edit when the menu pops up
    6. Scroll down until you see the Signature: box
    7. Change or delete the text as needed
    8. Click on Save at the bottom of the screen
    9. Enter the password for your email account to process change
    10. Repeat Steps 3 through 8 for any other email accounts you wish to change the signature on
    11. Exit out to the main screen
    12. Done!

(What I think was confusing me, and perhaps others, is that I was trying to access email settings from the Message icon menu which doesn't work on Verizon BB--the proper email settings menu to access is accessed via the above procedure). Good luck!
    Was gonna post this, too. Good thing I read the end of the thread first.

This is definitely the easiest way to do this. *thumbs up*
    cherimoya likes this.
    05-12-10 10:09 AM
    Thanks for all the info everyone! I think it's sneaky of carriers to automatically insert their advertising in your personal emails. It always gave me the cheap feeling that a free email host provides when they append your emails with slogans/ads.
    05-19-10 07:20 PM
395 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD