I figured it out!! Hopefully this works for other Sprint users. If you are unable to change your email signatures on your device, and can not login to sprint.blackberry.com from a regular computer, then try this.

1) Download the Opera Mini web browser, operamini.com. This is a much better browser than the BB browser and functions more like a standard web browser.

2) Start the Opera browser and point the browser to sprint.blackberry.com.

3) Login using the same user name and password you set up on your BB handheld when you attached your email address to the BB (in the email settings application).

4) Once logged in, scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way and select the icon that looks like a pen and a piece of paper. It is the first icon in a column of 3 icons.

5) Scroll down to the signature text box and erase or change your signature.

Good Luck!

OK YOU ARE THE BOMB! THANK GOODNESS I DIDN"T HAVE TO CALL THEM!
    01-20-08 11:09 PM
    I had the same issues logging into to change the signature. I called Verizon and this is how I fixed it...

On the BB go to options/status/ and get your pin....
    go to blackberry.com/go/vsw and select forgot password. Then type the pin in the pin line and verizon will send you your login and passowrd.

After you log in, select email accounts/edit...

Hope this help
    01-22-08 08:54 AM
    Anyone know the procedures for Rogers carrier... I have tried to login in to the bis site from both my pc and my 8310 curve and no luck i am still reading but will try any other suggestions you guys may have. Thanks and Great Site!!!
    try rogers.blackberry.com. Worked good for me.
    01-25-08 07:33 PM
    FYI

You can NOT use Firefox to do this. It worked with IE and Safari.

thanks
    fvf
    02-02-08 09:51 AM
    Yes, it did, thanks. Note to others: The user name is NOT the same as your [email protected]. It is a separate entity on its own that you have to create from your device's browser. You can use the same name (providing it is not already in use) as your BB email address, or it can be completely different. It is a 'master' account by which all of your email accounts can be managed via computer.
    Hi. I have Verizon service. Do you know if this instruction works for Verizon? I cannot log into website, and the handheld does not permit me to erase the signature.
    02-03-08 08:44 PM
    Hi. I have Verizon service. Do you know if this instruction works for Verizon? I cannot log into website, and the handheld does not permit me to erase the signature.
    kcaspari,

This does work for Verizon as I just edited my signature. I needed to read the helpful tip from reconstrukt at the top of page 2 of this thread. Actually, I read it twice, duh! THANKS reconstrukt!

Omahahaha
    New BB user and loving every minute of it!
    02-05-08 01:13 AM
    I just want to say thank you! You are so wonderful for giving these directions...you have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out. YOU ROCK!
    02-07-08 03:03 PM
    I just wanted to say thanks. For months I have been trying to change that, and it worked just fine.

T-Mobile Rocks
    02-07-08 05:35 PM
    Jet66, you're correct!! Everytime I try to log in on Verizons page with my log in name, it says I have to do it from my phone because of some type of HTML problem or something. If its not that, it will go to Sprints Blackberry internet service site. I'm lost and the bad part about it is that I've had a Berry for 4 years and that is whipping my behind. Anymore suggestions anyone?? I'll prpbably call customer support in the morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 02:15 AM
    In the messenge page, chose options>email settings>Use Auto Signature, delete the Sent by my Blackberry and type in your own Signature.
    02-08-08 05:56 AM
    In the messenge page, chose options>email settings>Use Auto Signature, delete the Sent by my Blackberry and type in your own Signature.
    02-08-08 06:19 AM
    I am using a BB 8310. I created a username for the AT&T browser settings. I signed in and when I tried to delete the sig it just kept kicking me back out to the settings main page. When I clicked the help ? Next to the sig it kept bringing up a page could not be found error. Do I need to use a pc browser to edit the sig? Thanks in advance.

02-12-08 09:19 AM
    Ok sorry I missed the part about having to use your pc browser.
    02-12-08 09:37 AM
    I've been trying for two days to log into the following url

"it won't let me post the url for cingular/at&t and BIS" (apparently I've not posted enough)

and have been receiving the following error

The site cannot be accessed in this manner. Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider.

What is going on here?
    Last edited by aion26; 02-12-08 at 04:52 PM.
    02-12-08 04:30 PM
    That is pretty interesting. I would think there might be a block on that url or something.
    02-15-08 09:44 AM
    Verizon users: Finally, getting rid of the signature worked thru help on this thread. I thought I already had a user name and password since I'm using comcast and hotmail on my BB. So, I emphasize the moderator's comments on creating the user name thru the BB. I then followed instructions in this thread on "email setup" on my BB, and I finally changed the signature on the internet.
    02-18-08 07:07 AM
    Allright, I got my new 8130 from sprint last week. Today I tried taking off that auto-signature and add a few more email addresses. Well, I can't seem to remember my user name. What can I do about this. Please help!

Thanks.
    02-25-08 07:34 PM
    This was mentioned before, but worth mentioning again. You must create a user account. I have 8130 Pearl and for me, You go to Email Setttings and from there you click on the "Create User Name". This will allow you to access the settings from a HTML browser. You will have verify your email address passwords so make sure you have those handy.

Once you have done that, you go here.

My first post, so I could'nt type the http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    Last edited by anon(153966); 02-28-08 at 06:01 PM. Reason: ...link added.
    02-28-08 05:35 PM
    Also, from the BlackBerry, you should be able to go to 'Setup Internet Mail'. That takes you to your BIS account, WITHOUT you having to login. Albeit, it only works with certain carriers, and only on BIS 2.4 and up, I believe...
    02-28-08 06:02 PM
    For US Cellular:

I found that I could not access their webiste from my PC, only from my BB, so they have their site access locked down. Not to worry, you can still edit the signature.

Using the Opera Mini brower, I was able to go out to uscellular.blackberry.com and sign on from there. The rest of the directions worked like a charm.

I didn't try it with the BB browser. I had a feeling that the website would detect my BB and bring up the standard BB page, which would not give the ability to edit the signature. Using Opera Mini did the trick, though.
    02-28-08 09:12 PM
    How do I do that on a BES account?
    my cousin just got his BB from his company
    03-02-08 06:48 PM
    I have been struggling for two days to eliminate/modify the default signature at the end of my mobile email through my VZ 8830. I found this forum through Google and you guys have saved me several more hours of aggrivation!! Thank you all for your help!!
    03-04-08 11:16 AM
    I followed all the instructions, even deleting the signature through the BIS site, yet I still can't get rid of it. What gives?

03-07-08 01:08 PM
    excellent! thanks for the info. that always annoyed me.. even if i wasn't the one getting the email.
    03-09-08 02:36 PM
    If you guys cant figure out how to get this to work on your own, just call your service provider and they have administrator access to all BIS accounts and they can do it for you. For you guys its called webclient, for the tech support people they have access to webadmin... much more powerful.
    03-09-08 03:59 PM
395 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD