I'm getting an error that an account has already been set up for my pin number!?!?!

Does this mean I am screwed?

N/M the post above really helped thanks reconstrukt
    Last edited by Justintoxicated; 01-06-09 at 09:58 PM.
    01-06-09 09:49 PM
    What an excellent, clear tip on preventing "sent mail" from showing up on my Blackberry. I am new to this BB stuff and your tip was extremely helpful.
    01-07-09 08:17 AM
    Hi- I went online and changed the signature. It recognizes the change online, but didn't update on my blackberry bold. What should I try next? Thanks!
    01-09-09 04:36 PM
    Hi- I went online and changed the signature. It recognizes the change online, but didn't update on my blackberry bold. What should I try next? Thanks!
    Try a battery pull. That should force an update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 05:04 PM
    I changed mine in less than 3 minutes. (on the AT&T/Cingular network)

Open your browser, click on 'Blackberry Start' (one the MediaNET homepage)
    and then click 'Create New Username' and follow the prompts.

After that's all squared away, on your desktop, go to the page mentioned above (click AT&T) and enter the username and password you created from your mobile device, and VOILA! you can edit your mobile email sig. to your hearts desire.
    It worked like a charm. Thanks for posting!
    01-11-09 10:43 AM
    Not sure if this was already mentioned....

If you never created a user name and password you will need to access the BIS through your blackberry and set your user name and password so you can access the BIS from your desktop.
    01-13-09 10:19 PM
    i'm going to be honest, i didn't read thru the 11 pages of replies for this so if this was already posted, my apologies in advance.

when i logged on to the bis page it told me that i actually HAD to do it thru my email settings on my phone. i dunno if this is just a storm feature or if the its a newer option (as this thread is a little old)
    01-14-09 02:09 PM
    i'm going to be honest, i didn't read thru the 11 pages of replies for this so if this was already posted, my apologies in advance.

when i logged on to the bis page it told me that i actually HAD to do it thru my email settings on my phone. i dunno if this is just a storm feature or if the its a newer option (as this thread is a little old)
    Go to this link if your not registered do so. The VZW customer service had me it this way and it worked for me. When you log in you should see all your email address go to edit and change signature.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

P.S - Link is for Verizon customers
    Last edited by pecanBB; 01-14-09 at 02:21 PM. Reason: P.S
    01-14-09 02:18 PM
    On the storm home screen, click the 'setup' folder>'Email Settings' (unless you customized yours differently, this is the default)>click the email adress you would like to change>scroll to 'Password' and re-enter your password (or else you won't be able to save your changes)>scroll to 'Signature' and change your signature>click 'save'...Done!

This is my first post here at these forums. Hi people! Happy new year.
    Thanks!!! This worked perfectly for me to remove the "sent from Blackberry" signature on my 9530. I'm still having trouble logging into the VZW BIS site however. I'll have to work on that later.
    01-15-09 10:36 AM
    lovely. thanks!
    01-23-09 08:03 PM
    Thanks I was searching how to do this... thank you.
    01-25-09 12:08 PM
    Thanks so much for this info! I have been wondering how to do this and honestly was just never ambitious enough to do the legwork to figure it out....
    01-25-09 01:09 PM
    From my Storm all I had to do was click the Setup, then email settings, then hit the blackberry key while an email address is selected then it brings up all the information that is one the site.
    01-25-09 02:51 PM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    Thanks so much! It was MUCh easier doing that with the step by step instructions. I didn't know how to create a username. Thanks!
    01-28-09 03:17 PM
    Thanks all. I was able to easily remove the "sent by" tagline in the signature area by following the steps in the original post, on my pearl through the Alltel link. I think I'm hooked on this site!
    01-30-09 09:02 AM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.
    I followed Reconstrukt's post and it really worked!! Took me a while to find the Services/Settings icon on my BB, though.

Thank you for the help.
    02-02-09 10:17 PM
    I have VZW and tried following the directions but had problems. I called VZW and they walked me through it in a few minutes. She also showed me how to set up filters for the types of emails to forward to my phone if I didn't want to get ALL me emails on the BB. Once again, outstanding VZW customer support!!!!
    02-06-09 11:46 AM
    Well this is not working for me. I log into my account at sprint.blackberry.com

I log in, click edit next to my email, and in the field where the signature is, I highlight it all and delete it (I also tried just putting a period in the field by itself) and when I hit save, it says "An error occurred during email account validation. Please check your information and try again."

Any help?
    02-08-09 08:41 PM
    Awesome, thanks!!
    02-10-09 12:19 PM
    I tried to do this and when I tried to creat an account it said that there was already one created with my PIN (Verizon). Now what??
    02-14-09 09:06 AM
    Thanks this worked for me.
    02-15-09 01:09 PM
    please help me somebody!!! ok so I am trying to register my acct and it says there is already an acct assigned to this pin. Now when I go and do forgot password and type in the pin for my bb bold it says there is no user name or password. oh and I did buy this phone brand new from the att store and it was unopened. what gives?
    02-15-09 03:30 PM
    please help me somebody!!! ok so I am trying to register my acct and it says there is already an acct assigned to this pin. Now when I go and do forgot password and type in the pin for my bb bold it says there is no user name or password. oh and I did buy this phone brand new from the att store and it was unopened. what gives?
    Call AT&T they should be able to reset their system to allow you to make an account.
    02-15-09 05:36 PM
    Great. Good to know.
    02-15-09 08:50 PM
    Step 1
    Login to you BIS site depending on your carrier. The most popular carriers are listed below.

Step 2
    Click edit next to the email account you want to remove the signature from.

Step 3
    In the field titled "Signature" erase all the text for no signature or edit it to display something in place of "Sent from my BlackBerry."

thank you, i didn't erase it, but i changed it to say Crackberry, maybe not as professional but blackberry owners will envy!
    02-16-09 03:04 AM
395 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD