I have a Bold 9930 on Verizon running version 7.1.0 bundle 2123.

All of my songs are loaded on a 32 GB micro SD card. The phone plays them just fine. I want to get a new stereo for my car, one with a USB port. Idea being I can hook my phone up via the USB port and play all my music in the car.

I went to Best Buy to look at the stereos. I brought my phone and a cable and hooked it up, and could not get it to work. The stereos just said, "no music found." I tried this with each of the three options that pop up including "sync media" "charge only" and "usb drive."

Am I doing something wrong? I think it should be fairly simple to play music from my device to any stereo via USB.

I appreciate any advice.
    07-02-13 05:05 PM

All of my songs are loaded on a 32 GB micro SD card. The phone plays them just fine. I want to get a new stereo for my car, one with a USB port. Idea being I can hook my phone up via the USB port and play all my music in the car.

I went to Best Buy to look at the stereos. I brought my phone and a cable and hooked it up, and could not get it to work. The stereos just said, "no music found." I tried this with each of the three options that pop up including "sync media" "charge only" and "usb drive."

Am I doing something wrong? I think it should be fairly simple to play music from my device to any stereo via USB.

I appreciate any advice.
    If I recall correctly, and my own experience, BB doesn't play media thru USB. I've always had to use a male-male corded mini plug and an Auxiliary jack to play music from my BBs. I did, however, transfer my music to a mini flash drive and use it to play my music directly from the drive.
    07-02-13 05:12 PM

I appreciate any advice.
    What's wrong with the stereo jack to aux? Seems like you're frustrating yourself for no reason. You could possibly use a BT dongle in your radios usb, and connect that way?
    07-02-13 05:17 PM
    What's wrong with the stereo jack to aux? Seems like you're frustrating yourself for no reason. You could possibly use a BT dongle in your radios usb, and connect that way?
    I have no idea. I've never plugged a phone, ipod, or anything else into a stereo. So I can plug a stereo jack cord in where the headphone goes, and this connects to the AUX of the stereo? Can you confirm this works?
    07-02-13 05:20 PM
    I have no idea. I've never plugged a phone, ipod, or anything else into a stereo. So I can plug a stereo jack cord in where the headphone goes, and this connects to the AUX of the stereo? Can you confirm this works?
    I use an Auxiliary cable in my stereo from either phone every day. One for streaming baseball, the other for my music collection. Been that for 5 years.
    07-02-13 05:30 PM

This one is a feed from the rear AUX jacks in the back of the stereo. The front jacks on newer stereos work the same way.
    07-02-13 05:41 PM
    I use an Auxiliary cable in my stereo from either phone every day. One for streaming baseball, the other for my music collection. Been that for 5 years.
    Sweet, thanks. I'll try that tomorrow at the best buy and see if it works. Maybe the Best Buy employee that was "helping" me could've had a clue and suggested this, rather than watching me struggle with the USB cord and say "sorry" when we couldn't get it to work.

Thanks guys.
    07-02-13 06:58 PM
    Sweet, thanks. I'll try that tomorrow at the best buy and see if it works. Maybe the Best Buy employee that was "helping" me could've had a clue and suggested this, rather than watching me struggle with the USB cord and say "sorry" when we couldn't get it to work.

Thanks guys.
    Well, that's why you bring such a question here, quite a few folks here try to think creatively. I actually have a longer cord stashed, and feed my 24" flat-screen TV through my stereo speakers. Surround sound for about $3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-03-13 12:30 AM