We're all aware of yesterday's press release which stated that BB will refocus only on the enterprise and prosumer market with their services, software, hardware etc. The Internet Service is thus contrary of what BB wants to focus on because it's only used for the consumer market. Therefore I'm quite curious if they will keep supporting it (they did just release another BBOS device) or that as part of the refocus save money on this and abandoning the BIS service (BB10 devices don't even use BIS anymore and many BBOS devices are on BES anyway). Let me know what you guys think will happen.
    09-21-13 06:33 AM
    I would assume since they just release a new BBOS device it will be around several more years. Even longer if they continue to see strong BBOS sales. Time will tell though
    Intense Soul likes this.
    09-21-13 06:36 AM
    I believe that they will keep it going for emerging markets for a finite period.
    1AlexSu likes this.
    09-21-13 06:37 AM
    As long as BlackBerry the company still exists in some shape or form, legacy devices are still being sold, not necessarily promoted but still sold (like PlayBook today), BIS will be around. Even then the shutting down process of BIS will take quite a few years to accomplish as they have to first stop selling legacy devices, put existing legacy devices on fully supported but extended status, starting to pull out support, then turning off BIS. I will not worry about it if I were you.
    09-22-13 12:30 AM