So Rogers offers a $25 data plan (Unlimited email+IM) or the $35 500mb (email+IM+web browser)

i'd prefer the $35 data plan just cause i will have access to future apps (FB,twitter ect..)

does anyone know? these options seem to be the best for data add ons...

anyone?

cheers
    05-01-09 03:51 PM
    It depends entirely on how longwinded you are. In general though, IM clients send only text, which doesn't require a lot of bandwidth. If you get an actual data plan, Rogers will give you three months of unlimited data anyway, so you can see how much you use. You could always switch back to the $25 plan after that point anyway. I was quite happy with that plan on my Pearl, and I was told by CSR that it counts as a data plan for HUP requirements.

The other applications you make use of on that data plan are basically guaranteed to consume a lot more throughput than IM clients, especially if you're using Google Maps or watching YouTube videos.
    05-01-09 03:59 PM
    Rogers has a great pamphlet on how much each messenger or site uses. Next time you're near one of their stores grab one(might be on line-haven't looked) I found it really helpful.
    05-01-09 04:07 PM
    If all you use is BBM & WLM then you won't even touch 500 MB. I only come close when I stream video/music everyday for a month. Flycast/Youtube/etc are data intensive apps, not BBM...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 04:14 PM
    Yeah I would say 500mb is more than enough for regular usage. I don't think u can use up that much in a month.

05-01-09 04:37 PM
    Yeah I would say 500mb is more than enough for regular usage. I don't think u can use up that much in a month.

Even with messenger and a lot of browswer im not even close of my 500 limit, but im not a big youtube or a streming user

05-01-09 04:56 PM
    thanks a bunch everyone!!!!

ya'll been very helpful! (=
    05-01-09 05:02 PM
    Even with messenger and a lot of browswer im not even close of my 500 limit, but im not a big youtube or a streming user

same here, i think i use about 2-300mb usually

remember everything data goes through RIM servers and is compressed so youre not using as much data as you think or comparable smartphones doing the same things.
    05-01-09 05:19 PM
    I'm with Rogers, I never went over 350mg knowing that I stream a lot. Good luck!

05-02-09 11:00 AM
    what about with GPS?
    05-02-09 01:10 PM
    I have 1 gig of data, and somehow i always manage to go over, even though my data is turned off most of the time, i hardly use it!

I do have a shared account with my brother but he says he hardly uses it too, so i dunno maybe 500mb isn't enough?
    10-04-11 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD