Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Staying With OS6, and Keep Downloading OS6 Leaks

64 68.82%
  • Downgrading Back To OS5

21 22.58%
  • You Don't Know Yet

8 8.60%
    So far to me OS6 has been the best thing to my phone and I'm loving it, I will not downgrade for anything and I will keep downloading any latest leaks for the Bold 9700. Do you agree or disagree?
    11-08-10 11:40 AM
    I am still running the leak and loving it! I'll be sticking with it and probably running newer leaks as well. I've had no issues with it and it does everything I need it to do. It's been fast and I love the new browser. I used to use bolt prior with OS5, now I just use the native browser for everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 01:36 PM
    I was about to jump ship in November, I wanted to get a my touch 4g but then I installed os6 and I fell in love with my phone again. I feel like I just bought a brand new phone. I love everything about it, the browser the UI, the social feeds, universal search, the new options like memory management, so many improvements that I can't mention them all. I'm extremely satisfied with os6.
    Last edited by luismicro; 11-08-10 at 01:48 PM.
    11-08-10 01:45 PM
    I waited for months, checked CB every 10 minutes for this leak. Sadly, I used it for 4 days and couldn't handle the lag anymore specially when opening pictures and display pictures in BBM. I downgraded to OS5 today, feels bad man.
    11-08-10 01:55 PM
    Now I decide not to continue with OS6
    I have more than 95MB free it's getting down till 40MB!
    That's so bad I deleted so many code and app that's wasn't useful

Bye OS6 for now

Last edited by alsawa2; 11-08-10 at 05:45 PM.
    11-08-10 02:20 PM
    I dig it. I jumped on the Torch 9800 on day one, only to give it back about a week later. I loved the OS6 then, but just hated the touch/slider type of phone. I upgraded to OS6 on my 9700 last Friday and had no issues thru today. I still have an available upgrade since I returned the Torch a couple months ago, so I will most likely pick up the 9780 as soon as it hits the shelves. I may wait a month or so for a better deal on the 9780 - Im seeing half price Torches everywhere so Id imagine a month or so after the release of the 9780 there may be some good deals.
    11-08-10 02:52 PM
    I've got a Pearl 9100 and it's pretty much the same thing, right? I'm loving OS 6. It's way faster and smoother that OS 5. Pretty well all the apps work better too! I'm not rolling back...
    11-08-10 05:15 PM
    I love it. My apps are running on OS6 and the few ones that don't now I realize that I didn't used them that much anyway. So, bye bye OS5. After 1 week with the new OS the phone finally got to settle in and is not leaking memory as it used to. I mean in the first 3-4 days I used to go from 80mb to 55mb in 1 day. Now I see it going from 80mb to 74mb in the same amount of time. Rock on OS6!
    11-08-10 06:27 PM
    Os6 is awesome when it comes to browsing , My bis no longer get disconnected for the whole day whilst this happens with os5. But the memory leak must be fixed fast as I constantly reboot my bb because after a few hours the hour glass starts spinning even when I click on the browser icon. But so far I don't mind rebooting it as the advantages has clearly shown me that os6 is better then os5 in terms of ui , usage but not battery.

11-08-10 07:13 PM
    I installed os6 and ran it for about a week. Yesterday, I downgraded back to os5 and ran it for today. Its only been one day and despite my long list of bugs is 6, I just reinstalled 6. It has this charisma that sucks be back in. In addition, upon installing 6 again, I noticed that I gained about 10 megs of memory.. From about 60 mbs to 70mb. The memory leak seems to be better for me this time around. I didn't really change anything. I wonder why the install is better this time around..
    11-08-10 08:06 PM
    I've found OS6 to be lovely. It's smooth and looks like it's almost good enough to release officially. My only gripe is when the browser says a page is too large and it kicks you back to the homepage. The amount of free memory was a huge surprise (95-100mb after a wipe).
    11-08-10 08:28 PM
    I definitely agree. I had waited such a long time for an os 6 leak for my bold.. There's no way I'm giving it up, for anything.

11-09-10 01:20 AM
    i'll be staying os6, fiddled with it and as long as i do a battery pull each day its fine- bring on the official or improved leaks
    11-09-10 01:24 AM
    My OS 6 memory leak is tolerable so far. It stays on 93-95MB after each battery pulls.

The best OS (on graphics and menu transitions), I must say.
    11-09-10 01:59 AM
    I upgraded approx 4-5 days ago & it's been great. My battery life is far better than before. Yes, I have a memory leak, around 65-66 after battery pulls, but no other issues have come up! Definitely keeping it.
    11-09-10 02:33 AM
    Glad to see that there are a lot of people staying with OS6. Ever since I saw the video of OS6, I've dying for it and now I have it on my Bold 9700. The reason you get memory leak is because the amount of data usage from applications, social networking, bbm, media, and browsing.
    11-14-10 01:25 PM
    I would have been still using the os 6 beta but after I got a taste of it I ran out and got a Torch bahahhaa. However, the olther four 9700's on my account are all sportin os 6.

11-14-10 01:28 PM
    upgraded to o/6 as soon as 9700 leak appeared, then downgraded after 2 days ,then approx.3.7 mins.later put o/s 6 back on.yeah its got some bugs,but it looks a **** of a lot better so ill live with the bugs till update.maccauk.
    11-14-10 02:00 PM
    Definitely be staying with BB6. Few minor bugs, but nothing that outweighs the benefits.

Improved battery life, improved signal strength, webkit browser, improved media experience, improved GPS and WiFi 'lock on' speed, ect..
    11-14-10 02:23 PM
    Installed OS 6 when it came out, uninstalled OS 6 and installed .979, uninstalled .979 and reinstalled OS 6 - while there a few bugs with OS 6, they pale in comparison to how poorly .979 performed (the official ATT release). Oddly enough, the leaked .979 functioned better than the official release from ATT.

I believe I'll stick with the OS 6 leaked version until an official version becomes available.

11-14-10 09:57 PM
    I have some issues with Socialscope , sometimes it wont let me cut and paste and the right click button wont work in Social Scope and even Uber some of the time. But after battery pull it went ok .. and after long hours of usage the same problem appears again.

I am really baffled by the randomness but still I will stay with OS6 since the loks and feel plus the snappy and zappy feeling is in OS 6. In OS6 we Trust
    11-14-10 10:18 PM
    I waited for months, checked CB every 10 minutes for this leak. Sadly, I used it for 4 days and couldn't handle the lag anymore specially when opening pictures and display pictures in BBM. I downgraded to OS5 today, feels bad man.
    I experience the same problem man! When tryin to open the picture or zoom it lags.. Sometimes it froze for few second. Same goes to bbm friends list. It stuck when u scroll ur friends list. Dang! I hope new leak will fix this problems. huhuhu!

11-15-10 01:29 AM
    Just updated to the new BlackBerry OS 6 Leak 6.0.0.380 . Seems way more snappier and smoother. LESS MEMORY LEAK and Battery Lasts A Bit Longer then before. If anything new comes up, add onto the forum.
    12-07-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD