Any instructions for Mac users? I'm currently waiting to get my first Blackberry - a Bold, and theme building would be helpful in making the unit easier on my eyes I guess.
    I'm not an expert here (newbie status should tell you that much), but I dont believe BlackBerry supports Mac as of just yet. Last I read they still hadn't supported them at least. Sorry.
    08-11-08 02:25 AM
    Any instructions for Mac users? I'm currently waiting to get my first Blackberry - a Bold, and theme building would be helpful in making the unit easier on my eyes I guess.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't know the first thing about Macs. You may want to check the Mac section of the forum to see if they can help you out. Also, the current Plazmic does not build themes for the Bold. When the Bold and OS 4.6 show up, we're hoping to see a Plazmic 4.6 too.
    08-11-08 02:53 AM
    Does anyone know about the java.lang.NullPointerException error when trying to install Plazmic 4.5?

4.2 is installed and working, but 4.5 won't install.

Thanks for your help.
    08-11-08 10:12 AM
    yeah i'm so lost here...anyone have a link to a tutorial maybe on how to use plazmic?...ok also am i doing something wrong here...when i bring up the inspector and click on any item on there plazmic just shuts down, no warning or nothing, just gone...i thought it was my dl, so i redownloaded a new copy and still the same thing...what am i doing wrong...i mean i assume the inspector section is where i change all the icons, ect right?...but why does mine keep shutting off?
    08-11-08 10:39 PM
    ANYONE???

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it again. Tried again to install 4.5 and I'm receiving the same error.
    java.lang.NullPointerException

4.2 installs fine.

Can anyone help?

If not, does someone have the L theme to send me for 4.2?

Would appreciate some help here.
    08-13-08 03:43 PM
    TY for the great post. Now its time for me to put my PS skill to work.
    08-13-08 04:18 PM
    those links aren't working?!?!
    08-24-08 09:20 PM
    yea, those links aren't working for me...were they taken off?
    09-01-08 10:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Looks like the site was taken down. That sucks.
    09-02-08 12:54 AM
    Great post! Help me to avoid common installation problem. Thanks
    09-02-08 10:51 AM
    oh btw the dl's didn't work for me either but i found this page and i'm working thru it there.

STEP-BY-STEP Plazmic Theme builder Install - Page 11 - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums
    it's got working links to the required files...i'm up to step 3...it's taking about 15 minutes to install the blackberry simulator.

edit: i've got the java updates and the bberry simulator, developers software, email/mds. but when i try to install plazmic (4.5), it stalls, saying "please select another location". i can't figure out where i went wrong. i read something about plazmic not working with vista, but i'm not clear on this. i'm downloading plazmic v 4.2 now. should this fix it? any suggestions on what else i can do to fix this?

can anyone help?
    Last edited by cassandraj; 09-07-08 at 02:26 PM.
    09-06-08 11:46 PM
    Arggggggggh, does anyone know if the Plasmic 4.5 will work for a 4.2.2 phone?
    I cannot for love or money download 4.2.2 off of the Plasmic site. Just turns to a blank page claiming to be "done" but literally nothing has happened. I can't even find Plasmic's older releases on Cnet, or anywhere else for that matter.
    09-07-08 11:41 AM
    all dead links
    09-09-08 11:52 AM
    hey im new to BB...i just got mine yesterday. So pardon my naiveness, do i download via my phone or my laptop
    09-10-08 09:00 AM
    hey im new to BB...i just got mine yesterday. So pardon my naiveness, do i download via my phone or my laptop
    This is actually the program that you use to create themes for the BlackBerry, meaning you would install it on your computer.

In case you don't know (and pardon me if I'm assuming you're more naiive than you are) the theme includes the icons, wallpaper, fonts, and everything you see when your phone runs (Options>Theme). This program allows you to make a theme yourself, on your computer.

--Side Note--
    Anyone know what's up with the broken links?
    09-14-08 01:01 AM
    broken links....sigh
    Anyone have an updated link?
    09-29-08 03:25 AM
    broken links....sigh
    Anyone have an updated link?
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']http://blueroomsolution.com/archive/index.php?t-196.html[/FONT]
    09-29-08 11:12 AM
    thanks for a working link to more working links!
    =D
    09-29-08 06:03 PM
    The links dont work
    09-30-08 04:11 PM
    I tried following the links provided but I keep getting the page can not be displayed. I have tried all the links that are there and I keep getting the same thing. I even went as far as going to the properties on the link and getting the actual address and pasting that in my address bar, and still got the same thing. If someone has another set of links can you please post them or send them to me via PM? Thanks in advance for all your help!
    09-30-08 10:29 PM
    jodamo posted a link to a site that has the same links, working
    10-01-08 10:27 PM
    Thanks I am just starting to use this APP
    10-01-08 10:28 PM
    Can the OP or Moderators please update the first post:

The instructions in the first post are now out of date. The links no longer exist. I then decided to just install Plazmic Content Developer Kit v4.5 from plazmic.com.

It installs the JDE and MDS components for you ie it is part of the 4.5 kit.

The only other optional thing you need to install is the simulators. I could not find a simulator for the 8110 so I just installed Plazmic Content Developer Kit v4.5 and have been able to make themes.
    10-05-08 09:22 AM
    Thank you, works beautifully!
    10-09-08 09:56 PM
    As awesome as this guide is I ran into 2 problems
    1- all of the links to download the software (1,2,3&4a) aren't working.
    2- permission to modify the "RESOURCES>THEMES" files is restricted so applying the changes is impossible.
    Can someone help me out here please
    10-12-08 07:39 PM
194 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD