I've installed leaks which are really easy. Delete vender go up to app loader and double click. How do I install hybrids. Seem much more difficult. Please step by step instructions. Have .428 now want to go to the .45* Hybrid. Thanks, hope someone can help.
    01-20-10 06:05 PM
    I'm going to keep searching but I hope to see an answer here. Thanks.
    01-20-10 07:30 PM
    Go to the thread that's offering the hybrid. I'd assume instructions are posted there.

Briefly:
    Ensure that .428 is installed on your computer, and that it's the only OS installed. Verify that in control panel/add/remove programs.
    Download hybrid. Install hybrid by launching it. Shrink if you want. Then install using loader (c:\program files\common files\research in motion\loader).

As always, back up your data using DM before you install the hybrid.
    01-20-10 07:35 PM
    Is a device wipe required before installing the hybrid?
    01-20-10 07:37 PM
    Step 1. Remove ALL BB OS's from your computer in Control Panel>Programs. (Device Software)
    Step 2. Remove ALL BB OS files in C:\Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files
    Step 3. Download the base OS and install onto your PC
    Step 4. Download the hybrid you wish to install
    Step 5. Wipe to 507 with BBSAK or JL_Cmder (this step is optional as when you load a new OS a wipe happens in the process however some still like to start completely fresh)
    Step 6. Run hybrid over your base OS. (if the Hybrid is built as an installer, just run the .exe and it will load/replace the files for you. If its not an installer then you will have to manually move over the files)
    Step 7. You can use Shrink-A-OS by Lyricidal to remove preloaded junk on your device if you choose
    Step 8. Use loader.exe to instal OS to your device
    Step 9. After the install restore your apps and personal info, etc.
    Step 10. Do a few battery pulls to let OS settle and stabilize.
    Step 11. Enjoy

******Always backup personal info with DM and back up 3rd party apps with BBSAK

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Also feel free to check out BBHybrids.net. Link in my sig!
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 01-20-10 at 08:21 PM.
    01-20-10 07:49 PM
    Thanks Guys. I'm gonna give a go.
    01-20-10 07:51 PM
    so even if you already have .428/.436 hybrid, you have to reinstall everything to upload the .451?
    01-20-10 07:57 PM
    so even if you already have .428/.436 hybrid, you have to reinstall everything to upload the .451?
    Nope Just run the new .451 hybrid over your existing OS. It will replace the necessary files then load up loader.exe to install to your device.
    01-20-10 08:03 PM
    i did and nothing happened
    Whos hybrid are you using?

Is it an installer or folder with the files that you need to replace manually?

Are you using DM or loader.exe?

Where exactly are you stuck and what have you done?
    01-20-10 08:19 PM
    nevermind, i think its workin now. before i dont think i inserted the .451 java correctly

uploading now
    01-20-10 08:38 PM
    yea its all good now
    01-20-10 08:48 PM
    yea its all good now
    Awesome! Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. I would also like to invite you to check out BBHybrids.Net. This is your one stop shop for all that is Hybrids. Just follow the link in my sig!
    01-20-10 09:51 PM
    I really hope this thing installs. Everything went smoothly. but it's been 2 hours and it's still going.....oop just finish....wish me luck

EDIT" Well that's a NO. There's a circle in the middle of the screen and it says "reload 507".

Any help?
    Last edited by jiggyb; 01-20-10 at 10:45 PM.
    01-20-10 10:36 PM
    I really hope this thing installs. Everything went smoothly. but it's been 2 hours and it's still going.....oop just finish....wish me luck

EDIT" Well that's a NO. There's a circle in the middle of the screen and it says "reload 507".

Any help?
    Yeah should never take more than 30 mins to load. Right now you have no OS on your device. Where was the hangup? Did something happen during install? ie. pull the USB? what happened?
    01-20-10 11:00 PM
    nothing like that. i thought everything was going smoothly. i knew it was taking too long, but i didn't want to pull the cable. i got to the point of deleting the java in .428 (that's the whole folder, right?). Installed hybrid on pc over it. And then hit the .451 exe and let it do it's thing?

It seems everyone was asked where to install .451 when they clicked the installer, i was not, could that be it?
    Last edited by jiggyb; 01-20-10 at 11:27 PM.
    01-20-10 11:05 PM
    nothing like that. i thought everything was going smoothly. i knew it was taking too long, but i didn't want to pull the cable. i got to the point of deleting the java in .428 (that's the whole folder, right?). Installed hybrid on pc over it. And then hit the .451 exe and let it do it's thing?

It seems everyone was asked where to install .451 when they clicked the installer, i was not, could that be it?
    Yeah when you run the installer it should prompt you to ask what OS to load the hybrid into and you are supposed to select .428.

Do this, open up your OS folder on your PC then open the Java folder and see if the files are in there.
    01-20-10 11:36 PM
    They were in there......but i just finished reloaded my .428 and in the process deleted them all. If i try the zip instead of the installer, would that be any better you think? How does that installation differ? btw, thanks
    01-20-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD