Categories 40/2.8K
    Content Store: 18/15K
    Memos 99/17.3K
    Phone Call Logs: 100/33.6K
    RMS Databases 12/40.6K
    Saved Email Messages: 37/67.9K
    SMS Messages 39.8K
    Task 86/32.5K

I do sync with my Outlook as well as my Google Calendars. I don't know why I have more than one calendar. I REALLY use the Memos; the tasks I could do somewhere else.

I reduced the options on my Phone Log. I don't know how to do a mass delete of my messages.

My address book has a lot of duplicates.

I could get rid of those saved email messages; they are saved elsewhere.

I don't use Enterprise or anything like that.

Thank you.
    09-01-09 06:59 PM
    this was really useful i got something around
    141 mb on my 8900

is this good ?
    09-01-09 09:57 PM
    OK. The total memory was 5085.9K.
    The biggies were
    Address Book: 1736/494.9K
    Attachment Data: 1/162.5K
    Auto Text: 108/7.8K9
    Browser: 3018.8K
    Data Cache: 213.7K
    Browser URLs: 9/6.0K
    Calendar 84/28.8K
    Calendar 464/216.8K
    Calendar 60/42.7
    Categories 40/2.8K
    Content Store: 18/15K
    Memos 99/17.3K
    Phone Call Logs: 100/33.6K
    RMS Databases 12/40.6K
    Saved Email Messages: 37/67.9K
    SMS Messages 39.8K
    Task 86/32.5K

I do sync with my Outlook as well as my Google Calendars. I don't know why I have more than one calendar. I REALLY use the Memos; the tasks I could do somewhere else.

I reduced the options on my Phone Log. I don't know how to do a mass delete of my messages.

My address book has a lot of duplicates.

I could get rid of those saved email messages; they are saved elsewhere.

I don't use Enterprise or anything like that.

Thank you.
    Your data is using about 5 Mb (5000 Kb), of that, nearly 4 Mb is used by messages. Everything else looks normal, it takes 1000 Kb to make a Mb.

To remove the old messages, open Message and highlight the top Date line. Press Menu / Delete Prior. That will help a lot.

That will bring your file free memory to about 11 Mb, which is still pretty low for a Bold.

Have you removed the samples images and the Video? The do occuply a lot of memory. CrackMem is the best tool for that job.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Yes, 141 Mb is plenty. You have 256 mb installed.
    09-02-09 08:33 AM
    Thank you. I deleted all old messages. I still only have 6549027 in File Free, though.
    09-02-09 09:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure I just deleted spell check with MaxMem. Any way ti get it back without having to install OS and go to back up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 04:34 AM
    Was just wondering how much more mem I can get outta my pearl 8130? Currently my phones showing 11403277 Bytes besides what came on the phone I only have 3-4 apps I've downloaded facebook, yellowpages, quickpull, and google maps. My gf's phone exact same one as me gets over 20 at any given time?

09-04-09 06:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure I just deleted spell check with MaxMem. Any way ti get it back without having to install OS and go to back up?

MaxMem is not capable of deleting core OS functions like Spell check.

What do you have selected at: Options / Language? English (United States) should be the selected choice.
    09-04-09 07:53 PM
    Was just wondering how much more mem I can get outta my pearl 8130? Currently my phones showing 11403277 Bytes besides what came on the phone I only have 3-4 apps I've downloaded facebook, yellowpages, quickpull, and google maps. My gf's phone exact same one as me gets over 20 at any given time?

Fully optimized, but keeping all the core OS functions, you can expect 18+ Mb.
    09-04-09 07:54 PM
    MaxMem is not capable of deleting core OS functions like Spell check.

What do you have selected at: Options / Language? English (United States) should be the selected choice.
    I think I did the same thing deleting my spell check that is. There is a choice on maxmem that you can choose to delete experimental things e.g. Quincy, spell check and something else. Do you have any advise. I don't think it's really gone but I don't know how to access it. Thanks.
    09-05-09 11:39 AM
    Message / Compose Email.

Put your cursor in the message field and press Menu. Check Spelling should be the first choice.

If it is, that is normal. If not, what is?
    09-06-09 06:42 PM
    No, when I press menu in a message field the first option is paste. Spell check is no longer there.

My language is also set to english (US).

Also if I purposely mis-spell a word in an email message field, it doesn't underline it in red like it used to.

I really think it's gone...

09-06-09 07:52 PM
    No, when I press menu in a message field the first option is paste. Spell check is no longer there.

My language is also set to english (US).

Also if I purposely mis-spell a word in an email message field, it doesn't underline it in red like it used to.

I really think it's gone...

If you initiate app loader on the desktop manager, spell check does come back. Unfortunately if you have deleted vad it will also come back but you will just have to delete it (vad) again using maxmem. I hope this helps.
    09-08-09 08:38 AM
    Hi, I've followed all the instructions given earlier (installing OS to laptop & deleting stuff through the device manager, and manually deleting on the device), but there are a few things still on the device that don't show up in the app list on the phone or on the computer. They are a MySpace app, Handango InHand, and Instant Messenging (even though I deleted blackberry messenger). Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Also, is Documents To Go necessary to download files attached to email or is it separate (ie, useless to me).

Thanks for the help.
    09-08-09 09:13 PM
    You don't need Doc To Go to view email attachments. You do need it if you want to edit or view word, ppt, and excel files that are stored on the media card in your BlackBerry. Apps that don't show up in the app list are either not installed, or are service book apps that are pushed by the carrier. There's nothing you can do about the service book apps except hide them to clear your screen space. If you delete them, the carrier will simply push them to your phone again. Fortunately they don't occupy much memory.

09-08-09 09:28 PM
    the only im apps i use are bb messenger and msn messenger. should i delete de icq, google and yahho messenger files? if so, could you give me a heads up as to which files they are?

thanks in advance!
    10-10-09 12:40 PM
    still confused?????????
    10-19-09 01:42 PM
    Do I have 2 have all parts of Docs 2 Go if I all I need is the Word part of it? 8110 4.5.0.158(252)

TIA

10-20-09 06:44 AM
    lilme08: You only need the DocsToGoCommon*.cod and WordToGo*.cod files.
    Last edited by adamlau; 11-01-09 at 06:50 PM.
    10-20-09 03:03 PM
    I have those file appearing in my IM folder on my Bold... I have only 48MB space available too which is suprising considering the only apps I have are:

BlackBerry Messenger 5
    Documents to Go Premium
    Facebook
    Quickpull Pro

I've deleted all languages and input support that aren't required but still no luck
    Windows Live Messenger
    10-20-09 03:43 PM
    Someone posted a way to delete and keep the system from saving accessed program files and now I can't find the post. If I remember right you needed to go into opptions and then bring up the keyboard and type in /:/:/ etc. but I can't seem to really remember where and what to type. My last storm crashed and got another one from Verizon and want to do the above to increase my App memory. Can anyone help? Or, point me to the post?
    10-29-09 12:08 PM
    OMG...someone help me!!!!! Using maxmem I deleted most of my themes. The BB Dimensions ZEN is still there but the theme that I was using at the time (3rdparty) was gone and I was back to a default theme. Now when I try to reinstall the theme that I had it is listed buy doesn't show up! I am so frustrated and try to understand how to get it back. If I install the OS that I was using will it return all the themes settings back to normal? I am using 4.5 Thanks for any help.
    10-30-09 03:38 PM
    OMG...someone help me!!!!! Using maxmem I deleted most of my themes. The BB Dimensions ZEN is still there but the theme that I was using at the time (3rdparty) was gone and I was back to a default theme. Now when I try to reinstall the theme that I had it is listed buy doesn't show up! I am so frustrated and try to understand how to get it back. If I install the OS that I was using will it return all the themes settings back to normal? I am using 4.5 Thanks for any help.
    Yes, if you run your OS, it will want to put the themes back. If I recall correctly, you just upgraded, so no opportunity for that, but you may want to use CrackMem this time before you put the themes back. It's much safer than MaxMem.

"But bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string"
    -- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-30-09 04:20 PM
    great information! thx
    11-01-09 12:26 PM
    i have a blackberry curve 8320, i want to know if i have the most up-to-date os running:
    Vendor ID:179
    Platform:2.7.0.92
    App Version:4.5.0.124
    11-30-09 10:43 PM
    i have a blackberry curve 8320, i want to know if i have the most up-to-date os running:
    Vendor ID:179
    Platform:2.7.0.92
    App Version:4.5.0.124
    The latest OS for an 8320 can always be found at the top of this forum here:

And is currently this OS here:

WAPers do it With A Passion

11-30-09 10:49 PM
1,205 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD