03-14-12 06:29 AM
1,205 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I did this step, but the "List addtional applications that are installed on the connected device" option is grey, and cannot be checked. Am I missing another step?
    What is the name of the last file in the Apploader directory?
    08-10-08 08:03 PM
    What is the name of the last file in the Apploader directory?
    rimprogram.dll
    08-10-08 08:06 PM
    OK, it is not a vendor file issue. Thanks for making sure.

For clarity, your device is recognized by DTM and Applications Loader. AL reads your device configuration, and fails to read the installed software.

The only other thing I can think of, a device version mismatch.

Check Control Panel / Installed Programs. Verify the device OS is actually 8330.
    08-10-08 08:20 PM
    OK, it is not a vendor file issue. Thanks for making sure.

For clarity, your device is recognized by DTM and Applications Loader. AL reads your device configuration, and fails to read the installed software.

The only other thing I can think of, a device version mismatch.

Check Control Panel / Installed Programs. Verify the device OS is actually 8330.
    That was it! I had the wrong device OS. That will teach me to multi-task. Thank you for your help and patience.
    08-10-08 09:01 PM
    8310 on ATT and I have the same problem. "List additional applications that are installed on the connected device" option is grey, and cannot be checked." I've checked everything more than once but no good results. Any other suggestions? Thanks
    08-10-08 09:20 PM
    That was it! I had the wrong device OS. ...
    Excellent, it had to be one of thse two.

Same test question, what is the last file in .../Apploader?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 09:40 PM
    Last file in /apploader is 'rimprogram'
    device version is a match, 8310-8310
    using crackmem. Reloaded OS and DTM a couple times. no change.
    08-10-08 10:48 PM
    That rules out the most likely suspects, the correct device OS and the Vendor file is history.

"List additional applications that are installed on the connected device" option is grey, and cannot be checked. ...
    I have a DTM v4.3 installed on Windows XP, it gives me exactly the same result when no Device Application Software has been installed.

Are you using AT&T's original device OS software?

If that works correctly and gives you the full Device OS list, we have a baseline to work from.

If that fails, perhaps try a v4.5xx device OS.

08-11-08 10:18 AM
    I'm also running DTM v4.3 on XP. I downloaded the OS v4.2.2.170 Platform 2.5.0.30, from the BB site. When I go to run it though, I get an error code '1406' about 16 times. Not sure if that would affect it.
    08-11-08 11:35 AM
    Humm.... that is suspect condition all right. If there install errors, who knows what gremlins are lurking down there.

Time to bite the bullet and do an upgrade. BlackBerry v4.5 software has been accepted by some carriers, yours will eventually.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...anguage-55061/

If you need to stay with v4.2xx, you can check other carriers for an install package that works correctly.

I would start with the T-Mobile site, you will need a T-Mobile phone number, or a link past the page, to get through. That shouldn't be too tough around here.
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-11-08 at 12:11 PM.
    08-11-08 12:08 PM
    Following the instructions for 'Upgrading your OS using Crackmem"
    Step 16, 'Installation of the OS should begin automatically. Allow DN to backup your phone.
    The installation never starts.
    08-11-08 12:21 PM
    edit: found it:

16. Installation of the Operating System should begin automatically. Allow DM to Backup your phone at this time.

Occasionally Desktop Manager will not correctly detect your phone. It may or may not check for newer versions of software for your phone and then do nothing.

If this happens follow these steps.

a) Open the Application Loader

b) Choose the Update Applications option.

c) Choose the Advanced button under the Device Application Selection heading.

d) Click Next

The Help in CrackMem is not numbered, but I know the step you are talking about.

That is exactly what we are trying to get corrected. Application Loader is not acknowleding your installed OS. There is something wrong with the install.

Have to tried a second download? That will rule out a single bad copy of that huge file.
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-11-08 at 02:35 PM.
    08-11-08 01:21 PM
    Occasionally Desktop Manager will not correctly detect your phone. It may or may not check for newer versions of software for your phone and then do nothing.

If this happens follow these steps.

a) Open the Application Loader

b) Choose the Update Applications option.

c) Choose the Advanced button under the Device Application Selection heading.

d) Click Next
    This produced an interesting result, I started DTM without the device connected. Advanced took me to the Applications Selection page and the PIN selected field was empty.

Deselecting a language forced the system to upload, very much like the /nojvm command line prompt.

Unlike the command line code, this updated the existing install.

Hopefully, it will get you past the USB connection issue.
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-11-08 at 02:35 PM.
    08-11-08 02:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sli...tml#post598262

This may be of interest, another Curve user was experiencing similar connection issues, on one specific computer.
    08-11-08 02:42 PM
    Jeez type much? Lol jk!
    08-11-08 04:31 PM
    Took your advice about using a different pc. Fired up the laptop, downloaded the DTM v4.5 and the OS 4.5.0.55, with no problems at all.
    Used Crackmem then to upgraded my 8310. Free memory went from 16mb to 27mb. Easy as pie. I have no idea why the desktop pc wouldn't allow the changes. But that's for another day.
    Thanks for all your help & time, appreciate it.
    Last edited by Stingray76; 08-11-08 at 10:58 PM.
    08-11-08 09:27 PM
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on DM 4.6? I found the vodafone multilanguage one from Germany but its not a compatable file for Windows. I can't find it anywhere!! I know it was a Beta release online but I can't find it anywhere except a torrent file but that's taking forever to download since there is nobody seeding it!!

08-13-08 10:31 AM

With all this said and done. How much File free should you have?

08-13-08 10:33 PM

With all this said and done. How much File free should you have?

It depends on the model. Your '10 has GPS software, my '20 has WLAN stuff.

Once the samples and corporate software are removed, you should see 20 to 24 Mb of file free.
    08-14-08 01:19 AM
    just freed up some unwanted space, and it feels GREAT!!!
    08-15-08 07:59 PM
    Breathing room.

Thanks BB geeks, we really enjoyed the out of the box experience, but a pox on you for making millions of innocent users pay for your bloatware.

08-15-08 08:40 PM
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on DM 4.6? I found the vodafone multilanguage one from Germany but its not a compatable file for Windows. I can't find it anywhere!! I know it was a Beta release online but I can't find it anywhere except a torrent file but that's taking forever to download since there is nobody seeding it!!

Heres the only one I know of. It works well with my XP.

CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers
    08-15-08 09:45 PM
    I am probably making a reqest that has already been made in one of the 30 pages or replys, but...

OK, after I removed all of the files in my /java/ folder on my PC, then you launch the application loader. What are the steps then? It says I have no updates. I am on the most current firmware available. Thanks and pardon the stupidness.
    08-15-08 11:20 PM
    Nevermind, I think I got it. Advanced options, then removed a bunch of languages I'm never going to understand. Also showed all the files I moved over to the "Removed" folder on my PC. Rebooting now...

Edit: 28,826,124 free. This is after the BB had been deleting all of my call logs and Texts due to low memory (been happening quite a bit). YAY Crackberry!!
    Last edited by CWoo1973; 08-15-08 at 11:59 PM.
    08-15-08 11:54 PM
    28.8 Mb is an excellent result.

08-16-08 10:02 AM
1,205 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD