Sorry to bump up old thread . I'm using BB Bold 9000 and on DelftEo hybrid OS .

Just wondering , to increase more memory , I should just retain the files seen in Options > Applications > Core > Properties ?

I've already bricked the phone twice thus any advise would be appreciated .
    01-17-12 05:17 AM
    Sorry to bump up old thread . I'm using BB Bold 9000 and on DelftEo hybrid OS .

Just wondering , to increase more memory , I should just retain the files seen in Options > Applications > Core > Properties ?

I've already bricked the phone twice thus any advise would be appreciated .
    Where are you seeing that folder? I'd recommend using a program like http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/ to remove modules from the OS, either prior (best) or after an install. You've nuked your phone enough.
    01-17-12 03:38 PM
    Where are you seeing that folder? I'd recommend using a program like http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/ to remove modules from the OS, either prior (best) or after an install. You've nuked your phone enough.
    Actually I'm seeing this from the phone . In computer would be the usual Java folder . Yeah , I've already nuked it twice . I shall give that programme you mentioned a try .

Currently i just use Application Loader and remove .
    01-18-12 07:45 PM
    I know this is a very old topic, but with my 9700 running BB6, most of these guides just don't work since the overhaul of the system menus.

The thing that I have noticed over the past few months is the free space on my Bold slowly shrinking but I haven't installed anything new and have done my housekeeping to the best of my ability including the following...

After using App World, deleting the image and log folders in my user directory.
    Deleting long text conversations when done with them.
    Deleting emails no longer needed especially with attachments.
    Dumping unused apps from my device.

My Bold ran like a champ for a long time with over 50MB free after a reboot, now I'm lucky if I reach over 25MB free after using quickpull

I can't seem to find what's eating my free space

After so much work restoring my BB from a botched BlackBerry 6 update, I wiped my phone and started fresh but my Bold is starting to feel rather old instead.

Any ideas of what may be eating my internal storage? I know my phone well, but custom OS hacking is a bit over me and I really don't want to wipe and start over again.
    03-14-12 03:28 AM
    I know this is a very old topic, but with my 9700 running BB6, most of these guides just don't work since the overhaul of the system menus.

The thing that I have noticed over the past few months is the free space on my Bold slowly shrinking but I haven't installed anything new and have done my housekeeping to the best of my ability including the following...

After using App World, deleting the image and log folders in my user directory.
    Deleting long text conversations when done with them.
    Deleting emails no longer needed especially with attachments.
    Dumping unused apps from my device.

My Bold ran like a champ for a long time with over 50MB free after a reboot, now I'm lucky if I reach over 25MB free after using quickpull

I can't seem to find what's eating my free space

After so much work restoring my BB from a botched BlackBerry 6 update, I wiped my phone and started fresh but my Bold is starting to feel rather old instead.

Any ideas of what may be eating my internal storage? I know my phone well, but custom OS hacking is a bit over me and I really don't want to wipe and start over again.
    The file system hasn't changed that much, but you can always use BBH Tool to shrink the OS too. OS6 is a squeeze on the 9700, so starting with 50Mb free really isn't too bad. The phone will naturally lose memory during use. How much would depend on how you use it. I would do a reset a day. One other thing you could look at, is your database sizes. In particular the Content Store. Options->Status->menu->Databases You can clear it through Desktop and let it rebuild. With lots of media stored on your SD it can grow to 10Mb easily.
    03-14-12 06:29 AM
1,205 ... 474849
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD