So do I reload the OS on my puter AND on my bb, or what. If so, then do I delete it first or re-install it over it. Since they are common files, they are gone from the puter too.
    if this is what you decide to do, yes dl and install to os to pc. you'll have to wipe your bb otherwise dm wont see the same os as an update. you'll need this...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ this is alot of work for some themes IMHO.
    But you'll learn alot.
    08-31-08 08:55 PM
    did you try the crackmem "put it back feature"
    no, because crackmem didn't take it away. I did. It is only logical that crackmem can only put back what it took out.
    08-31-08 08:56 PM
    Its worth a shot
    08-31-08 09:02 PM
    I just did the update to .77. It's all back and working fine. I prolly have to run crackmem again, though. I have the coveted files tucked into the dumping folder for safekeeping.
    08-31-08 09:43 PM
    Ha, well that wasn't so bad. Glad you got it going. Must have been a hella good theme!
    08-31-08 09:51 PM
    That is why AL is attempting to remove DTG, it has been de-selected.

Open AL and scroll down until you see DocsToGo. Select it again.
    ... Still want to know how not to delete these mod's through BM if i need to delete something through BM.
    Run Applications loader again. This time, scroll through the list of installed software until you see DocsToGo. If it is unselected, that is your problem. That is also the solution.
    08-31-08 10:07 PM
    This was EXTREMELY helpful! I have a 2GB memory card for pics & ringtones but my device has only a little over 2MB free. After following the recommendations here, I now have over 17MB free!

I am a newbie and this site is AWESOME! Thank you for all the help and assistance so far.
    09-01-08 03:13 PM
    This was EXTREMELY helpful! I have a 2GB memory card for pics & ringtones but my device has only a little over 2MB free. After following the recommendations here, I now have over 17MB free!

I am a newbie and this site is AWESOME! Thank you for all the help and assistance so far.
    Good job, welcome to CB
    09-01-08 03:15 PM
    Is it really ok the delete the BES thing? I only use my BB for personal use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 03:23 PM

It is not so much BES, as it is the pre-installed software that is only used by BES clients.

You can remove MDS, nearly 800 Kb, it will never be used on your BIS device.

Provides the ability to access BlackBerry MDS applications and services.

BlackBerry� Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS) v4.1 is an optimized application development framework for the BlackBerry� Enterprise Solution. It can dramatically reduce the amount of time and resources required to develop and deploy wireless applications for mobile workers. BlackBerry MDS allows organizations to deliver corporate data wirelessly, leveraging the same proven push delivery model and advanced security features used for BlackBerry email.
    Last edited by Reed; 09-01-08 at 03:42 PM.
    09-01-08 03:26 PM

Pete just finished with an easy way to do this...http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crackit-67484/
    09-01-08 03:32 PM
    Pete just finished with an easy way to do this...http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crackit-67484/
    No, what she's talking about is the MDS module in the OS. It may be used by BES, and BES has an IT policy, but you don't have to have an IT policy to benefit from removing MDS, and even if you have an IT policy, you can still remove it if your BES doesn't use it. Mine doesn't and I removed it with no problem. It's a part of your OS too, unless you removed it already. If you haven't, you should.
    09-01-08 03:37 PM
    Total BB noob here. I just removed the Russian and Semitic characters and Sample video. Did a battery pull restart and went from 35,727,248 to 45,783,568!! (Verizon 8330). Obviously, I'm not complaining, but that seems like WAY too big a jump. I have a 4GB Sandisk card coming ($14.25 ebay). Would I really be gaining anything by removing much more? It is a corporate supplied BB, and we use Lotus Notes as our email interface, but other than that, I can do what I please with it.
    09-03-08 09:41 AM
    A battery pull reloads your OS in contiguous memory and recovers memory that was lost to programs that manage their memory poorly. That explains some of your increase. Be aware that there is a very slight chance of a battery pull corrupting your OS, so you shouldn't consider it routine preventive maintenance. Always make backups and you'll be fine.

Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    09-03-08 10:06 AM
    I'm new to blackberry and this thread was so much help. I had around 5,000,000 free memory yesterday morning and by the time I got home from work it was at 0! Now it's back up to 17,773,988. Thank you!
    09-06-08 02:05 PM
    I'm new to blackberry and this thread was so much help. I had around 5,000,000 free memory yesterday morning and by the time I got home from work it was at 0! Now it's back up to 17,773,988. Thank you!
    wow, it got dangerously low. You don't have to be real anal about the memory, but it is a good idea to keep an eye on it from time to time. You don't want to start losing email and call logs, etc. It's nothing this guide or Alt+ Right Shift Delete won't fix though.
    09-06-08 03:28 PM
    wow, it got dangerously low. You don't have to be real anal about the memory, but it is a good idea to keep an eye on it from time to time. You don't want to start losing email and call logs, etc. It's nothing this guide or Alt+ Right Shift Delete won't fix though.
    I did lose some emails and text messages but nothing too important so its ok. And I don't plan on downloading anymore apps for a while, at least until I'm bored with the ones I have. I learned my lesson

09-06-08 06:18 PM
    Memory is life to a computer, good to hear you have it covered.

The Pearls are particularly challenged, in addition to all the basic support, we require a massive SureType support file.

17 Mb is adequate, particularly if you have changed Device Reserve Memory to 5 Mb and Reserved Picture Memory to 0 Mb.

I was able to raise my Pearl's File Free to 24 Mb after using CrackMem, as documented in the Advanced section.
    09-06-08 08:35 PM
    Hello everyone. First post! New BB user here. Was at 0 memory, texts and emails kept getting deleted, phone running slow. I joined here and followed the instructions on freeing up memory. Deleted some apps and unused stuff and am now at 20mb free! Thanks to all for the great info and what a kickass place to come to for tons of great info!
    09-13-08 09:00 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That should go a long way to improving the performance of your device.
    09-13-08 10:58 AM
    Excellent advice on the battery pull, I figured it had to be something like a reload. Now I need to find what app is so bad at memory management, as mine was down to 30 MB, and back to 47MB after a battery pull. Can you store a backup on the microsd card, so it is always with the BB, or does it have to be restored from the PC?
    09-16-08 01:40 PM
    Yes, you can store a backup on a microSD card. You can't restore from the microSD card, though. To use the backup, you have to copy it back to your PC.
    09-16-08 02:06 PM
    I'm a newbie, I followed the instructions and deleted the preloaded pics. They are gone, however the folder and thumbnails still exist. What did i do wrong? When i attempt to open the thumbnail, i just get a blank screen. just curious why they are still even there
    09-16-08 03:48 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It is normal for the preloaded folder to remain, it would be nice if it was removed, but you will learn to ignore it.

The thumbnails are a puzzle, mine folders are empty. As long as the 3 Mb image file is out of device memory, they will not have any impact.
    09-16-08 04:10 PM
    after deleting them to increase memory? I have an Pearl 8130 and I had a pre-loaded theme from sprint that I liked but when I was removing all the extra stuff I accidentally deleted it. Is there any way to just install that particular theme? The theme I'm talking about is a Zen theme with the black background and a yellow flower. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hoya
    09-20-08 11:14 PM
1,205 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD