28.98 I think is the final talley, and that's with me putting on a new IBlocks theme. Thanks Stoner for an EXCELLENT write up on fixing the memory!!
    08-16-08 10:29 AM
    well, my pearl was hovering at about 19 -20mb free then after a while it would sit at 15 free after a battery pull

im not sure what was going on, but i took Doc2Go off since i dont use it anyway
    08-21-08 10:07 AM
    thanks ! this was a lot of help
    08-21-08 01:10 PM
    Two Questions...

I removed the 'net_rim_theme_bbdimentions_icon_320x240_b' file but the AT&T icon theme still shows up on my list of theme I can choose from.

Also, I like to use the Today Plus theme. Is that dependent on the 'net_rim_theme_bbdimentions_today_320x240_b' file?

Thanks!
    08-25-08 11:40 AM
    I'm asking because I use memopad daily and I know that builds up... however my messages are only 3 to 4 sentences a day. Just curious as to what the optimal range is.
    Maybe use a Word doc to write your memos in then you can store the word doc on the mem stick if space does become an issue. Plus it's a easy way to backup or access all your memos from other apps on a PC.
    08-29-08 12:48 PM
    I was at 23MB, now I'm at 29MB. Guess that's good enough?
    08-29-08 05:50 PM
    Can the verizon default theme be removed?
    08-30-08 02:36 PM
    Yes. I removed it. Just be sure you are using a different theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 02:57 PM
    i'm having a similar problem that some of the other guys have posted. i deleted all the files that i dont want (ptt, vad, extra themes/wallpapers, etc.) but when i plug it into my pc, it says there are no updates needed.

DM v. 4.6
    Curve 8310 os4.5.0.69
    08-30-08 08:13 PM
    and i deleted vendor.xml already ^^
    08-30-08 08:13 PM
    i'm having a similar problem that some of the other guys have posted. ...
    If your new OS is not being recognized, it can only be one of two problems.

Either you do not have the correct OS or Vendor.xml is still there.

Check in Windows Control Panel / Programs. Make sure the model number is correct.

If it is, delete vendor.xml one more time, it must still be there.
    08-30-08 11:03 PM
    i double-checked the OS in my control panel and it matches with what i have.
    and i must've deleted vendor.xml at least 20 times already hehe
    08-30-08 11:15 PM
    i double-checked the OS in my control panel and it matches with what i have.
    and i must've deleted vendor.xml at least 20 times already hehe
    That tells me you have been doing a lot of experimenting trying to get this right. Vendor.xml is created fresh each time you run the OS install.

What is name of the last file in .../apploader ? If it is vendor, make it 21.
    08-30-08 11:40 PM
    haha looks like that 20th time might've been a charm, last file is still rimprogram.dll yay!
    ps, yea i've upgraded/reinstalled my OS plenty of times hehe
    08-31-08 12:42 AM
    OS - 4.5.0.56
    Here's one for you

Yesterday i deleted Language and input Support - French and Spanish. Well when i choose next to delete it, in the summary it had "Unrecognized modules that will be removed". The modules all have to do with DocsToGo come to find out. After i deleted "Language and input Support " i noticed it also deleted my upgrade for docstogo. I went back and re-updated doctogo. Now this morning i wanted to delete BlackBerry Messenger, I never use it. Well, the mod's for docstogo are there again. How do i just delete BB Messenger and not my mods using DM????
    08-31-08 07:01 AM
    for bb messenger you can delete from your device go to options/advanced options/applications highlight it hit the menu button then delete
    08-31-08 07:38 AM
    OS - 4.5.0.56
    Here's one for you

Yesterday i deleted Language and input Support - French and Spanish. Well when i choose next to delete it, in the summary it had "Unrecognized modules that will be removed". The modules all have to do with DocsToGo come to find out. After i deleted "Language and input Support " i noticed it also deleted my upgrade for docstogo. I went back and re-updated doctogo. Now this morning i wanted to delete BlackBerry Messenger, I never use it. Well, the mod's for docstogo are there again. How do i just delete BB Messenger and not my mods using DM????

BB is correct, you can delete some major components after the build, but the simplest way is to use Applications Loader for that job.

A number of changes accompanied the later v4.5xx upgrades. In addition to removing the samples, the default selections are changed for DocsToGo.

That is why AL is attempting to remove DTG, it has been de-selected.

Open AL and scroll down until you see DocsToGo. Select it again.

BlackBerry Messenger is another selection option, de-select it and it will be removed from the device.

If you change your mind in the future, it is as simple as selecting it again in AL.
    08-31-08 09:31 AM

net_rim_theme_bbdimentions_icon_320x240_b
    net_rim_theme_bbdimentions_l_320x240_b
    net_rim_theme_bbdimentions_today_320x240_b

These are optional, removing them will save 700 Kb
    OK, so I just deleted these three, and now one of my personalized themes disappeared out of the list, and I tried to reload it and it doesn't show up in the themes list anymore. It shows in the applications list, but not in the themes list.

How can I get these files back. No, I didn't save them. Anyplace online have them, or will they be included when I upgrade my OS. Am I screwed forever?

Thanks
    08-31-08 07:56 PM
    some themes wont work if demention themes are deleted. If you havent made a back up (shame on you, once a week!) you can wait untill you update or reload your current os.
    08-31-08 08:03 PM
    some themes wont work if demention themes are deleted. If you havent made a back up (shame on you, once a week!) you can wait untill you update or reload your current os.
    OK, so here's the thing. I've since backed up (der, I know...) if I reload the current OS, and then restore the backed up file, won't it then remove the same files?

Also, the 101 and stoner guides should not say it's safe to remove those if other themes rely on them. I left the two it said were necessary.

And would reloading the current OS on the puter be enough, and then run apploader?
    08-31-08 08:05 PM
    1. No it shouldn't.
    2. It's hard to cover everything and impossible for him to know how every theme maker builds them.

also the guide is kinda for if you want to strip your device to bare bones optimum memory etc. Consider crackmem for the next time.http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    08-31-08 08:14 PM
    1. No it shouldn't.
    2. It's hard to cover everything and impossible for him to know how every theme maker builds them.

also the guide is kinda for if you want to strip your device to bare bones optimum memory etc. Consider crackmem for the next time.http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    Actually, I had just run crackmem, and it didn't take off those items or the password keeper. So I went in and manually deleted those three dimensin files. Then after it said "are you sure you want to permanently delete?" I checked my recycle bin and realized they didn't go in the recycle bin. AFTER that, I backed up and then created a dumping folder and removed the password keeper files to the dumping folder.

day late and a dollar short?
    08-31-08 08:18 PM
    So do I reload the OS on my puter AND on my bb, or what. If so, then do I delete it first or re-install it over it. Since they are common files, they are gone from the puter too.
    08-31-08 08:20 PM
    for bb messenger you can delete from your device go to options/advanced options/applications highlight it hit the menu button then delete
    Yea that what i ended up doing. Still want to know how not to delete these mod's through BM if i need to delete something through BM.
    08-31-08 08:28 PM
    Actually, I had just run crackmem, and it didn't take off those items or the password keeper. So I went in and manually deleted those three dimensin files. Then after it said "are you sure you want to permanently delete?" I checked my recycle bin and realized they didn't go in the recycle bin. AFTER that, I backed up and then created a dumping folder and removed the password keeper files to the dumping folder.

day late and a dollar short?
    did you try the crackmem "put it back feature"
    08-31-08 08:51 PM
1,205 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD