I do not have the Bold OS installed, but it is a reasonable guess that it will be similar to:

net_rim_bb_medialoader_folders_240x260_b.cod

The screen size will be different, but that is the most likely candidate.
    Manish Jain5 likes this.
    11-19-08 03:49 PM
    I do not have the Bold OS installed, but it is a reasonable guess that it will be similar to:

net_rim_bb_medialoader_folders_240x260_b.cod

The screen size will be different, but that is the most likely candidate.
    One would think. However, this does not seem to be the case.
    11-20-08 06:51 PM
    Plan B. Set your Windows File Manger view the .../Java folder and reorder by size.

The picture file will be large, likley a couple of Mb.

In Windows Vista, use the drop menu and select Stack by size.
    11-21-08 10:45 AM
    LOVE the Maxmem!!!!I am sooooo happy to get rid of all that crap ie lock pics and thems. I personaly tike the zen theme and that is the only one that is left after you remove all that unessisary crap. SOOOO happy..but just the other day I crack the lens on my curve I have insurance so.....

Hurray for Reed McLay!!!!!
    John
    11-22-08 05:33 AM
    i was going through some .cod's i thought i didnt need and moved all the ones Stoner suggested in the steps. i opened DM and just clicked on the App updater, not knowing i had to go to App loader and update it from the list. i then took out some fonts (chinese, japanese, and korean) and probably the wrong themes also, THEN went to the app loader and saw a list of stuff that was to be removed. after this update the background is all white, my menu is in icon mode, and the icons are black and look really old and basic, some of them are normal (CB, viigo, ESPN). i then went moved every .cod file back to the java folder, went to the app loader from DM and clicked every app box that i had moved into removed files folder. icons are still black and my menu is icon format, background is white and only time and connection are at the top. pulled the battery and its still like that. i now have an hourglass instead of the iberry colored circle, and no themes section in options. help. please.
    11-24-08 01:48 AM
    false alarm. restored my pearl with a backup from a week ago. works fine now. thank goodness.
    11-24-08 10:47 PM
    I'm sorry I don't know if this is related but I have noticed my phone get slower ever since I enabled password protection. I've been trying to disable it to see it that is the problem, but it doesn't let me disable password protection. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:44 PM
    Unless you have an IT policy that mandates a password, you disable it the same way you enabled it. In the Security Options, General Settings, select password and change from Enabled to Disabled. Press escape to back out of the security menu. You'll have to enter your password one last time as you exit the security menu. This is to preclude someone being able to disable your password without knowing it.

11-28-08 02:52 PM
    Does anybody know how to remove the preinstalled wallpapers that come with 4.6.0.185?

I tried using Crackmem and going through the list manual and was still unsuccessful.
    11-28-08 04:27 PM
    Does anyone know the file name (.cod) for sample pics in the Bold OS 4.6.0.185? I can't seem to pinpoint it.
    Still no answer?

Time to download a copy of the Bold OS.

net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x320_b.cod 6.5 Mb
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod 2.8 Mb
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x320_b.cod 2.6 Mb
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high.com 2.4 Mb

I suspect the first one contains the preinstalled images. It is the largest file in the set.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-28-08 at 05:22 PM.
    11-28-08 04:30 PM
    Are there any programs that came preinstalled that should NOT be uninstalled? I've got the yellow pages that I don't use, as well as some others.

Thanks!
    Brian
    11-28-08 05:28 PM
    Still no answer?

Time to download a copy of the Bold OS.

net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x320_b.cod 6.5 Mb
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod 2.8 Mb
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x320_b.cod 2.6 Mb
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high.com 2.4 Mb

I suspect the first one contains the preinstalled images. It is the largest file in the set.
    I have tried removing all of those and the preinstalled wallpapers still remain.

Not sure where rim could have hid them...
    11-28-08 05:35 PM
    I had tried all of those modules before, and none of them worked.

11-28-08 06:05 PM
    Unless you have an IT policy that mandates a password, you disable it the same way you enabled it. In the Security Options, General Settings, select password and change from Enabled to Disabled. Press escape to back out of the security menu. You'll have to enter your password one last time as you exit the security menu. This is to preclude someone being able to disable your password without knowing it.

Sorry I don't know what I did but when I click enabled to change it the only thing that pops up is the menu and my options are wipe handheld verify security and change password. Then close. It has a little lock next to enabled if that makes a difference. Thank for the help.

11-28-08 06:35 PM
    Sorry I don't know what I did but when I click enabled to change it the only thing that pops up is the menu and my options are wipe handheld verify security and change password. Then close. It has a little lock next to enabled if that makes a difference. Thank for the help.

That little red padlock makes all the difference. It means you have an IT policy controlling the password. In that case, you won't be able to disable it. But having a password enabled should not slow down your device.

EDIT: my comment about the IT policy assumes you have an employer-provided phone and are on a BES. If that's not true, and you bought a used phone that has an IT policy on it, you can remove it. It's not trivial, but you can do it. Follow the steps in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/

This won't work if you are on a BES. The lack of an IT policy will be detected the next time you log in, the policy will be pushed back, and you could get in serious trouble for violating security.
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-28-08 at 06:48 PM. Reason: more info
    11-28-08 06:42 PM
    Hi guys,

I am following right now the instructions according to the "slightly more difficult MOP". The VAD files have been deleted in the languages I don't use.
    So far so good.

Now. Can I do that for other (languages typical)files too? And doesn't by selecting my imput languages (dutch, english, italian, german) means already that they are not loaded in the various apps?
    For example:
    net_rim_bb_passwordkeeper_resourse_es.cod and the other languages are still there.

Then there are still all the different languages in the secureemail_help files
    rim_crypto_resourse files
    platform_resourse files
    and also some more files
    all the languages typical files take up some
    considerable space

Question?

What is good and what is not good to delete?

Oh, and what about all the icq, aim, yahoo and google_resourse files.... are they there because of my Nimbuzz app?

Thanks
    11-29-08 08:35 AM
    The language files for languages you don't use are not installed on your device. There's no need to delete them. I recommend you use CrackMem. It will automatically remove the commonly removed files for you. I'm not familiar with Nimbuzz.

11-29-08 11:28 AM
    Good advise Jeff.

The alternate language files are only present on your computer, only the ones you have selected by language choice are placed in your BlackBerry. The rest are ignored.

I remove them as a group, that way, if I choose to restore them they are all there.

CrackMem, the free utility by Forum Mod Pete6 makes the file management step simpler and faster then doing it manualy.
    11-29-08 02:48 PM
    can you remove tmo five to get more space?
    11-30-08 12:43 AM
    This is great I freed so much memory up on my Curve. Thank you!
    11-30-08 05:33 AM
    This also worked completely fine for me on my pearl.

I took it slow and followed all the steps. Any questions I had were already answered, I just did a little forum search action.

Thanks 18mb on my pearl~

11-30-08 06:33 AM
    can you remove tmo five to get more space?
    Yes, the memory savings are substantial.

net_rim_bb_medialoader_100_five_icon_library.cod 1 Mb
    or
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_114_five_icon_library.cod 0.9 Mb

Please note that only T-Mobile or Rogers OS use these resources.
    11-30-08 10:28 AM
    Thx guys !!! I was wondering too if I could delete them.
    But how will this effect the media menu?
    11-30-08 10:42 AM
    Thx guys !!! I was wondering too if I could delete them.
    But how will this effect the media menu?

If you discover a new way to mess it up, you will be responsible for documenting it and fixing it. This thread has been through plenty of troubleshooting and refinement to insure it works.

Specifically, I would encourage the newer device users to identify and resolve their issues. Once it is confirmed, you will get a link to the post and a credit in the acknolegements.
    11-30-08 11:08 AM
    used it on my Curve in the past and works great! Also, deleting programs I don't use on my Storm works wonders as well.
    11-30-08 11:28 AM
1,205 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD