so... would getting rid of the Carrier Theme get rid of those links to applications that are on the phone (like trial games and T-Mobile TV) ?
    Nope. Those are service books, and while you can delete them (at your own risk) they'll be back anytime you pull the battery or resend service books. Best practice is to create a folder, move them there, then hide the folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 05:09 PM
    before I start tinkering around in this screen, does anyone know if I can reset the MEP counter back to 10 and input a correct MEP code to unlock my SIM card slot in the engineering screen.

I have a Sprint 9630 Tour with a Sprint SIM card that I have failed to enter the correct MEP code after 10 times (no thanks to Sprint customer service giving me incorrect codes). Now in the Advance option sim card page it show network "blocked" and in the main screen upon power up is show my sim card is invalid (I posted it under the 9630 forum)
    01-11-11 05:51 AM
    *Pulls out a cuban and a glass of ice cold natural spring water and waits for the almighty "I've done bricked my *beepin* BlackBerry, thanks CrackBerry!" post....

Thnx, �Tripster�

01-11-11 06:10 AM
    so how do i change my EVRC-B setting on my bb 9700
    01-11-11 09:48 PM
    Hi i want a bbm for my iphone 4,it's impossible? because a lot of my friends have Blackberry phones
    01-13-11 10:39 AM
    Hi i want a bbm for my iphone 4,it's impossible? because a lot of my friends have Blackberry phones
    Get Google Talk and have your friends get it as well.
    mbjones81 likes this.
    01-13-11 10:41 AM
    But what is there to do when you get to this magical place?
    01-13-11 11:10 PM
    Mike m8 can u change the colour of your text on bbm please reply bak

01-23-11 06:22 PM
    thx bro!!!!
    01-26-11 02:45 AM
    thx bro!!!!
    np
    01-26-11 10:39 PM
    Ok guys so I've decided to try this for the first time and I think I found some pretty interesting info.

Found how to get the MEP code for your device in the E-Screen looks like this (btw that MEP code is specifically for my device and won't work on yours):

That's how u can unlock your phone for free

I also found how to change the frequency bands of your device:

Haven't tried this and i'm not willing to trying as i'm afraid this could be a perminant change. But if you have a Torch for example and have it on TMO (or any other carrier with similar bands) you might want to try this as you may finally get 3G speeds. i'm sure someone brave out there who is willing to try this and let us know what happens.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO GO AHEAD WITH THIS, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN CAUTION. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOU DEVICE. GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by luqman24; 01-27-11 at 12:31 AM.
    01-27-11 12:28 AM
    Ok guys so I've decided to try this for the first time and I think I found some pretty interesting info.

Found how to get the MEP code for your device in the E-Screen looks like this (btw that MEP code is specifically for my device and won't work on yours):

You're worng - after reading your post I checked my AT&T 9800 and 9700 and they both reflect the same 'MEP' number...

01-27-11 01:10 AM

I also found how to change the frequency bands of your device:

Haven't tried this and i'm not willing to trying as i'm afraid this could be a perminant change. But if you have a Torch for example and have it on TMO (or any other carrier with similar bands) you might want to try this as you may finally get 3G speeds. i'm sure someone brave out there who is willing to try this and let us know what happens.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO GO AHEAD WITH THIS, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN CAUTION. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOU DEVICE. GOOD LUCK.

yea as i posted in your other thread, this isnt the MEP code/unlock code. DONT BOTHER TRYING TO ENTER IT, YOU WILL BE WASTING TIME.

that clearly lists the Software list for your device. that is showing you the MEP software version, not the code itself.
    01-28-11 02:37 AM
    How do you access the screen on a Storm since there is no alt key?
    Thanks
    01-28-11 06:10 AM
    4.Once you have access to this menu, every time you press Alt+Shift+H you should go into the E-Screen without having to use the code generator.
    Wrong mine went back to the "Crippled" screen after a hard reset. I have to re-enter the code in order to go back to the E-Screen.

01-28-11 08:08 AM
    Wrong mine went back to the "Crippled" screen after a hard reset. I have to re-enter the code in order to go back to the E-Screen.

Wrong. Unless you reinstalled an OS. But I could be wrong, your phone might be different then mine. I can access the screen for 30 days after I enter the code once, unless I update the OS.

But what is there to do when you get to this magical place?
    You can free up lost memory in the JVM screen. Check more specific details about anything for your phone (Device Info, LCD, Bluetooth, GPS, Battery, Etc..) Change Mobile Networks. Those are the things I've found so far.
    Last edited by McStoner; 02-07-11 at 08:49 AM.
    02-07-11 08:42 AM
    Hack 1

Enable EVRC-B

ALT+SHIFT+H

Click Radio Engineering Screen (multi)

CDMA Radio Engineering Screen

Test Call Screen

EVRC-B

Click the BB key go to Enable EVRC-B

Your Device will reboot, and then when you go back into the menu, you will see it is toggled to enable, and voice quality will be much better.

By doing this... will this help correct the "MUFFLED" sound problem? No matter what OS I have installed, nothing helps to fix this. I always get that complaint from people on the other line.
    02-07-11 12:47 PM
    Do you know where the microphone is on your BB model? Most are rather easy to accidentally block with your pinky finger. My workmates do this a lot...

I'm guessing the engineering screen doesn't have a finger-moving function, though I haven't checked
    02-08-11 04:16 AM
    Zigakly,
    Thanks for your response. I do know where the microphone is on my 9650.. it's a pinhole on the bottom of the phone.

I've done many tests on how to hold the phone to get the best quality (although best quality is just less muffled)... which is to kind of cup the bottom of my hand around the bottom of the phone.

I'm not sure if this is more of a hardware issue due to the fact that no OS that I have installed has cleared up the quality.

Thats why i asked if this little trick would clear it up.
    02-08-11 10:28 AM
    So let me get this straight. I will risk irreversibly bricking my onyx for a few tweaks here and there and a landline calling quality? It's not worth it to me, I'll pass...

02-08-11 08:22 PM
    So let me get this straight. I will risk irreversibly bricking my onyx for a few tweaks here and there and a landline calling quality? It's not worth it to me, I'll pass...

That's only when you mess around with stuff when you don't know what it does. If you stick to doing stuff in the eScreen that you know what they do, then you won't brick your phone.
    02-09-11 02:14 PM
    There is an option in those screens to change how your phone picks up wifi so you don't get the "Blackberry Infrastructure Error" (Grey Wifi Icon when connected to BIS) but that drains the battery pretty fast. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Hey i am on Vodafone India network. I need wifi all time to run BIS. My BIS used to run on wifi all time. But then i updated my phones software to OS 6.0.0.448. i am using 9700. and now i am not able to connect BIS through Wifi. i tried everything. from going to host routing table and sending service books again. Can u plkease tel me whats the option for resolving this issue. Thanks in advance.
    02-09-11 02:51 PM
    But how is this done on a gsm device?
    02-09-11 08:46 PM
    The 3G only option is only on phones that have strictly HSPA networks. Since T-mobile in the usa is still EDGE/HSPA(+) that will not be physically possible. One: the coding in the engineering screen will not allow it and two: you would lose signal completely since you would have EGDE turned off.

Hello, i am fairly new to all this.

Two days ago I purchased a Torch 9800, only to discover today that my network needs bands 1,2,5/6. The phone i have does 1,2,8. Although both configurations are 3G - 5/6 is 850 Mhz, which is what 80% of XT's network is down under!!

Thanks for your help.. in advance
    06-02-11 06:45 AM
    Hello, i am fairly new to all this.

Two days ago I purchased a Torch 9800, only to discover today that my network needs bands 1,2,5/6. The phone i have does 1,2,8. Although both configurations are 3G - 5/6 is 850 Mhz, which is what 80% of XT's network is down under!!

Thanks for your help.. in advance
    You can't add bands to a device that it does not have radios for, it just can't be done!
    06-02-11 07:42 AM
164 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD