Hi, i have a blackberry 8900 curve.
    I downloaded the new bbm 5 OTA and not all my messages send through or i dont recieve all my messages, is there a way i can get my old bbm back or delete bbm 5 and download the original??

please let me know if you can help.

thanks
    09-21-09 06:20 AM
    check the link in my sig below. try searching for your answer and use the Native Application part of the forum for BBM related issues.
    09-21-09 06:45 AM
    Easy, open blackberry desktop manager, click on app loader, then manage apps, and make sure u have bbm 4.6 click, after u click next it will say its a downgrade. Just hit next and it will downgrade. I don't have any issues with my bbm 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 12:23 PM
    With 4.6 it was so easy to swap pictures. When someone sent me one, I had the option to view full size or save. With 5.0, I can only see a thumbnail and I have to choose save, wait awhile for it to download and then view it. How is this an improvement?
    10-09-09 10:33 PM
    With 4.6 it was so easy to swap pictures. When someone sent me one, I had the option to view full size or save. With 5.0, I can only see a thumbnail and I have to choose save, wait awhile for it to download and then view it. How is this an improvement?
    I agree with you so very much. It's just too troublesome to save the files first. This is definitely not an improvement.
    10-09-09 11:50 PM
    agree with u. bbm 4.6 is way much better than 5.0
    10-10-09 12:18 AM
    yea, its all new to me with this new bb msngr... I am wondering why these bb msgs can be read in the text message area too?

grrr....

- Draz
    10-10-09 12:30 AM
    hey all,

I too am a hater of bbm5. I read through a bunch of suggestions on how to reinstall the older version and it seemed simple enough, but I'm having some issues.
    i backed up my device, downloaded the OS to my desktop, deleted 5.0, now when i go to the app loader BBM is not listed... what am i doing wrong? now im w/out BBM.. any idea on how i can install the old version?

going crazy ... thanks in advance!

NVM! I SOLVED IT! GOT MY OLD BBM BACK! WOOHOOO!!!
    Last edited by princess4lyfe; 10-10-09 at 01:09 AM. Reason: error solved
    10-10-09 12:47 AM
    Hmmmm. 5.0 and 5.0.0.33 are awesome on my unit. Did you try the cure-all/battery pull??

10-10-09 02:12 AM
    I ended up deleting 5.0 and re-installed 4.6. I am now back happily swapping photos. I'll keep an eye out for a solution to the pictures issues with 5.0 because other than that....it is a nice upgrade.
    10-10-09 09:09 AM
    Easy, open blackberry desktop manager, click on app loader, then manage apps, and make sure u have bbm 4.6 click, after u click next it will say its a downgrade. Just hit next and it will downgrade. I don't have any issues with my bbm 5.0

After i go into the Application Loader..i dont see Manage Apps ONLY Add/Remove or Update...
    10-10-09 04:20 PM
    can you send me instructions on how to get the old BBM app back? I have a 8330 and cant stand the new version...
    10-14-09 07:52 PM
    hey all,

I too am a hater of bbm5. I read through a bunch of suggestions on how to reinstall the older version and it seemed simple enough, but I'm having some issues.
    i backed up my device, downloaded the OS to my desktop, deleted 5.0, now when i go to the app loader BBM is not listed... what am i doing wrong? now im w/out BBM.. any idea on how i can install the old version?

going crazy ... thanks in advance!

NVM! I SOLVED IT! GOT MY OLD BBM BACK! WOOHOOO!!!
    can you send me instructions on how to get the old BBM app back? I have a 8330 and cant stand the new version...
    10-14-09 07:53 PM
    please someone send me instructions to get BBM older version back??????? I have the curve 8330. On my desktop manager i also do not have manage apps. PLEASE HELP
    10-14-09 08:07 PM
    Hey, I need help! I upgraded my BBM from App World and now I have BBM 5.0.0.33 and I just don't like it! I tried removing it and putting back my old BBM 4.7 on Desktop manager and it says I can't do that.... Any suggestions?!!!
    10-14-09 09:07 PM
    at this point i have to think you're an ***** if you think the old bbm is better
    10-14-09 09:27 PM
    I too agree with most. I'm honestly on the fence of liking it or not, at this point I don't like it enough to keep it.

I like all the features except the 2 main ones. Those being that you cannot 'view' photos anymore you HAVE to accept them, if you decline them they disappear you'll never know. And if you do accept them it takes forever if your lucky it won't get stuck and never finish.

Personal opinion, everyones phone is and works differently, but from my standpoint old bbm ftw. Once they make some improvements then maybe I'll uprade again.

As for those of you searching for answers, as I see tons of ppl respond but only 1 or 2 came close to saying how to actually 'downgrade'. Here's how ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...osting-306211/
    10-15-09 10:07 AM
    Well this (and many others) post has answered my question ... I'm not switching. I have friends who are on the new version and want me to switch but I'm too chicken. I'd rather keep tried and true than **** with something.

JMO.
    10-15-09 02:07 PM
    Well this (and many others) post has answered my question ... I'm not switching. I have friends who are on the new version and want me to switch but I'm too chicken. I'd rather keep tried and true than **** with something.

JMO.
    all the loyal 4.6/4.7 bbm lovers should start a bbm group to chat abou...oh wait you can't do groups, or send files...never mind.
    10-15-09 02:09 PM
    Hi! can you please tell me how you did it, I erased the new messenger and when I went to my desktop manager or my app loader it downloaded the new version again. What should I do?? I don't like the new messenger it's just more complicated
    10-20-09 08:31 PM
    Help! Three of my friends who have the Javelin and Bold including myself have photo swapping issues with BBM 5 it's horrible! I want to downgrade to whatever the Javelin had (4.6? 4.7?) Please please let me know how to go back to the old version. My handset doesn't have a manage apps or app loader on it is this only available on the computer? Is there a link I can download just like I did for BBM 5?
    10-28-09 06:52 AM
    Did they remove the "on the phone" status feature?
    02-21-10 08:04 PM
    Hi, i have a Curve 8900 - i just upgraded to the new version (5.0.1.38) it is not compatible with my BB and i hate it, could someone please tell me how to get the old one back? i cant find it on app world, and dont remember the version.

I thought i could delete this one and it would retrive my old one :$ but it cleared BBM completely of my BB, luckily when i re-installed this version back i got my contacts back.

If someone could give me steps of how to get the old version back on the 8900, that would be great!

Thanks
    08-13-10 07:05 AM
    Just erase the new one and download the old version for here:

Blackberry� Messenger v5.0.0.66 - @BBtweeps
    08-13-10 09:05 AM
    speak english please i dont understand these fancy words!!!! expain step by step cause, i dwnloaded version 7 and it gving me problems and i dont no what to do, i want to try getting my version 6 back.... help????
    12-11-12 09:46 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD