hiya , is there a menu or options shortcut? my menu button is broken on my curve 8520, thanks
    01-27-11 01:18 PM
    awesome post
    02-17-11 07:24 AM
    Thanks for sharing!
    02-18-11 10:58 AM
    thanks men. they are very helpful
    02-18-11 01:16 PM
    Jessica - thanks for that fabulous tip. I am new to BB and astound about the cool community and functions
    02-18-11 08:38 PM
    thanks mate i have bookmarked the mentioned URL and will be using it
    03-07-11 04:35 AM
    � Name: "Soft" reset.
    � Description/purpose: Performs a "soft" reset of your device; the equivalent of doing a "battery pull" (ie. Removing the battery for a few seconds).
    � Process: Press-and-hold "Alt", then press-and-hold (RIGHT) "shift", then press-and-hold "Del".

These instructions work for a 8320 curve but its the RIGHT alt key not the left

Eroccia was pretty close - I took a chance with my presumption that the comment was meant to read "but its the RIGHT shift key not the left"

So, the comment was, in it's way, correct - I use the same model BB, and this "code" works just fine for the 8320...
    03-21-11 11:44 AM
    Is there a street view for blackberry maps when driving ?
    04-24-11 02:21 AM
    Anyone have any luck getting into the event view/log? I'm on a 9780 with os6 and when I do the alt LGLG. I get keyboard input

**The following list was found on yohan.es

Backdoor

In Blackberry, there are documented "backdoors" (ALT + 4 letter combinations) and undocumented backdoors. There is an API to implement backdoor. Some key combinations are documented, but some are not. Some of these backdoor have immediate and visible effect (like typing ALT-ESCR in home screen), but some combination does something that is not visible. I will try to list some of the backdoors that I found, especially the ones that is not publicy known.

I will write: "invisible action" when you will not see anything, but something happens in background.

Main/Home Screen

Need to hold ALT in this screen
    DCLR : Clear cache hash table (invisible action)
    DPAP, ESCR, EACE: help/engineering screen
    DUMP: Dump hash table content to debugging port (need to connect to JDE to see the result of this)
    JKVV: Show reject cause
    LGLG: Show log viewer
    LONS: invisible action, HomeScreenInternal.toggleLogONS( ) // calls this (not sure what it does yet)
    NMLL: toggle view signal strength in dbm or bar
    ONSA, ONSB, ONSU: invisible action change ONS rendering mode (by presence of SIMServiceTable.B_SERVICE_PROVIDER_DISPLAY_INFO ,by SIM is not compliant to TS11.11)
    QSMD: Set send report mode
    QSMI: ?
    SQRD, SQRP: Send report ( net.rim.device.apps.internal.api.quincy.QuincyMana ger)
    Options

In some screen (like in the OptionsScreen), you don't need to hold ALT when typing
    in Application Options, COMP will set compatibility options to default (it will not show anything on screen)
    in Auto On off Options, typing AUTO will show the next date/time auto/on off will be performed
    in Date/Time Options: ADST (enable auto adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time), DELT (Time Zones Delta Count), LOLO (Manually adjust network Time Zone offset and DST)
    For device with touch screen: in keyboard options VKBB should show something (I haven't tried, and right now I am not in the mood to trace the code)
    In Location Options, AGPS will show AGPS setting
    Network Options, OMDM will show sync settings if Escreen access is enabled
    Security Options, CTDG will set AuthCert Status Period (it will not show anything on the screen)
    Status Options, BUYR (show status), FTOT (), TEST (run self test/execute net_rim_bb_device_selftest)
    Sms options: SMSP (SMS Service center)
    Help Screen

Only one backdoor sequence: ALT - OPEN open help file
    App world

Appworld backdoor keys are only 3 characters long
    ALT - BIS: Toggle force BIS_B
    ALT - RST: reset keyed store
    ALT - UOI: user interface test (only shows a useless screen)
    ALT - LOG: Show log
    04-24-11 02:23 PM
    Wow, didn't know half the stuff existed. Many thanks.
    05-24-11 11:51 AM
    Awesome man!!! Thanks for sharing.
    05-26-11 07:32 AM
    How to change my contact list mail id which is already present??
    06-01-11 01:44 PM
    I did the right Shift Left Alt and Del and it worked.
    07-03-11 09:35 AM
    Does any one know of a shortcut key to access the "recycling bin" of text messages. Assuming when you delete texts they are still stored until over written.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 11:17 AM
    Does any one know of a shortcut key to access the "recycling bin" of text messages. Assuming when you delete texts they are still stored until over written.

While there's a Purged Messages database, there's no Recycle Bin on a BlackBerry. Unless you made a backup prior to deleting the message, and the message was part of the backup, you're out of luck. There are many ways to do a backup, from DM, most carriers offer a backup service, BB Protect offered in AppWorld will do it, apps like Fixmo with "Undelete", and even a few services that will record every SMS that's to or from your phone.
    08-09-11 01:36 PM
    subscribed to thread
    08-11-11 08:29 PM
    Thanks for all the efforts very cool thread!!!
    08-14-11 12:25 PM
    Address book , Signal , Clear event log works on Torch 9800

Soft reset use LEFT shift key

ALT+ENTER changes language

others work fine !!
    08-14-11 12:29 PM
    Very cool thread, thanks for sharing
    09-17-11 06:38 AM
    Anything to change the battery level to a percentage (%) ?
    For the Bold 9900
    10-26-11 05:01 PM
    Alt + enter keylocks my curve 8310

10-27-11 03:50 PM
    Anything to change the battery level to a percentage (%) ?
    For the Bold 9900
    Download Battery Watch app will give you the percentage in the notification bar, its free
    10-28-11 01:26 PM
    to those that are having problems using alt_enter to lock the device and getting language options, you need to change in the localisation menu and disable , quick menu selection
    This made this short-cut to lock your device using ALT+Enter keys on my 9930 work. I went to Options->Typing and Language->Language Method->Scroll down to Input Language/Method Switching and change shortcut keys to Shift+Space or None

Holding the A key also locks the screen, but doesn't actually lock the device as ALT+Enter does
    10-28-11 01:41 PM
    I trying to know How to find BlackBerry Secret Codes from last one month finally i got at crackberry.
    10-31-11 02:15 AM
    Now is there a way to make the battery meter show a % instead of the existing meter?

I'm busy going through this forum at the moment and if you haven't found a solution yet, I downloaded a free app from App-world to show battery percentage for my Curve 8520. The App's name is called "Batterywatch". It's quite useful with graphs for day, week and month.
    12-23-11 02:27 AM
327 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD