Finally got around to trying the RIM Twitter client and I like it a lot. One problem though:

I saw some posts where people were saying there is no way to leave the RIM Twitter app running in the background....but mine seems to always run in the background! I select close but later I get the Twitter icon on my homescreen, especially if I have network problems. If I go to the task manager, Twitter isn't running. If I click on the Twitter app icon like I'm going to start the Twitter client I get a message "No Network Connection" and then Close is my only option on the popup. Even if I close it, it never really closes. As long as I have notifications on I can see it's still running because I get the notification a half hour later when it refreshes tweets.

Anybody know how to exit this?
    Last edited by F0nage; 04-19-10 at 05:56 AM.
    04-15-10 02:10 PM
    B..u..m..p..!
    04-19-10 05:56 AM
    Same thing happened to me. It was murder-death-killing my battery! After I while it stopped or I did a battery pull. Don't remember. It was about a week ago. Which was the last time I used the app. I like my battery n don't wish it to die too soon. Have a long health life, battery! :-).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 10:30 AM
    Main screen>menu>options>logout
    04-19-10 11:50 AM
    Yup, logging out is the only way to stop that sucker. It truly is a battery killer otherwise.
    04-19-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks guys. I deleted it today before I read your replies. Maybe I'll install it again and do the logout thing. When you logout does it actually quit or still stay in memory and just not do anything until you log on again?

Does it still remember your password or do you have to keep entering it?
    04-19-10 12:40 PM
    Thanks guys. I deleted it today before I read your replies. Maybe I'll install it again and do the logout thing. When you logout does it actually quit or still stay in memory and just not do anything until you log on again?

Does it still remember your password or do you have to keep entering it?
    When you logout, it doesn't continue to run or poll for tweets. When you re-launch, it will autofill your ID and pw info if you desire.
    04-20-10 12:10 PM
    Thanks, I'll try again.
    04-20-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD