Thank you so much for the info. I needed to erase everthing on my old BB (tonite) so that i can get a new replacement tomorrow. I just followed your directions and it worked!!!! Thank you once again.
    07-15-08 09:20 PM
    So if you do this and it removes everything, can you go back an OS. I thing that I have a bad copy of .46 and want to go back to .17. I had no issues with that one.
    Can I do this and remove .46 from my computer and than install .17 and plug in the application loader.
    07-15-08 09:46 PM
    So if you do this and it removes everything, can you go back an OS. I thing that I have a bad copy of .46 and want to go back to .17. I had no issues with that one.
    Can I do this and remove .46 from my computer and than install .17 and plug in the application loader.
    Yes you got the process right. But PLEASE make a backup first.
    You never know.
    07-15-08 10:59 PM
    Ok I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I did the wipe of all software. All I lost was the add ons not the OS, but I went and deleted the .46 and installed the .17 on the computer and plugged up the phone on the computer and that happed was that it synced and would not load the .17 OS. How do I down grade the OS on the phone. please help.

Thanks
    07-17-08 02:13 PM
    You have to FIRST use add/remove to uninstall the OS you don't
    want. Make sure the one you do is installed on you PC. Delete or move the
    vendor.xml file. Open DM, connect BB and it should start
    the d/grade process. If it does not click Application Loader and that
    should trigger it.
    07-17-08 02:52 PM
    I thought this was a how do I question damm that kills my fun oh well

If you want an easier way try this

You'll need the following

1 bucket with water
    4 to 6 brickets of charcoal (depending on size of phone)
    1 match
    1 bottle of lighter fluid

Step 1
    Drop phone gently into bucket of water (its important that phone is on)

Step 2
    Soak phone for 5 minutes or until it powers itself down

Step 3
    pile brickets one high and tight together like a bed on a fire proof surface such as a grill
    And cover with lighter fluid

Step 4
    Shake excess water from phone and place on brickets then coat with lighter fluid

Step 5
    You guessed it lite the match and let's dry the phone out

Let phone sit over night of until cool to the touch

When you can pick phone up the full data wipe has been completed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 03:08 PM
    I want to delete applications that appeared on my BB after loading another program. I went as directed above, to delete these programs, and they are not listed under my applications, though the icons are shown on the screen. These include: yahoo messenger, realtone jukebox, pocket express, and games and more. Any suggestions? Thanks to all you experts out there.
    07-18-08 04:02 PM
    Look in service books and you shall find

Just hide them you'll delete them everytime you do something on your phone they will come back

07-18-08 05:53 PM
    I tried the whole water thing.. and all that did was make my phone all wet!!

and there is nothing worse than a wet BB..

for me though, the best way to get rid of unwanted programs, is to throw it against a wall..

GOTTA HAVE INSURANCE!!
    07-18-08 06:15 PM
    So, i added the new OS 4.5 to my BB only to find out it kept making my phone restart every 34975395793 seconds..

So i went back to the old OS and i got a 507 error during the upload on my phone..!! All the help forums are saying that after connecting take out the battery and it will say pin unknown..

Only thing that pops up on the load is COM3 and it is saying USB device unkown on a pop in the bottom right of my screen.

I'm super frustrated!! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!! Kinda "slow" with the BB stuff and would need step by step directions..

07-20-08 08:48 AM
    thank for the info.. i have to send my old BB curve and i want to removed all the information i have.. this is very helpful.. thank again
    07-21-08 02:18 PM
    I thought this was a how do I question damm that kills my fun oh well

If you want an easier way try this

You'll need the following

1 bucket with water
    4 to 6 brickets of charcoal (depending on size of phone)
    1 match
    1 bottle of lighter fluid

Step 1
    Drop phone gently into bucket of water (its important that phone is on)

Step 2
    Soak phone for 5 minutes or until it powers itself down

Step 3
    pile brickets one high and tight together like a bed on a fire proof surface such as a grill
    And cover with lighter fluid

Step 4
    Shake excess water from phone and place on brickets then coat with lighter fluid

Step 5
    You guessed it lite the match and let's dry the phone out

Let phone sit over night of until cool to the touch

When you can pick phone up the full data wipe has been completed

or you can just pop it in the microwave.. faster too..
    07-21-08 02:22 PM
    So, i added the new OS 4.5 to my BB only to find out it kept making my phone restart every 34975395793 seconds..

So i went back to the old OS and i got a 507 error during the upload on my phone..!! All the help forums are saying that after connecting take out the battery and it will say pin unknown..

Only thing that pops up on the load is COM3 and it is saying USB device unkown on a pop in the bottom right of my screen.

I'm super frustrated!! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!! Kinda "slow" with the BB stuff and would need step by step directions..

it looks like you nuked your phone.. there's a post on how to Install OS when you nuked your phone.. it is pretty simple.. i have the same problem on my BB curve and it works.. here's the link

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by pinoiryder; 07-21-08 at 02:29 PM.
    07-21-08 02:25 PM
    In these lean times I cancelled my BB internet package with ATT. On my phone I am still seeing an icon for Accuweather which shows high and low temp. I do not want to be accruing data charges. How do I stop this accuweather thing?
    12-11-08 09:30 PM
    Robin, go to your applications settings in your options menu and uninstall the application..thats the best way to ensure yo do not incur any additional charges..but honestly a blackberry without a data plan is pointless
    12-11-08 09:45 PM
    Found applications but i dont see one for the accuweather. I guess ill just shut the damn thing down and switch back to my old phone
    12-11-08 10:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure this saved me a bunch of headache today... kinda glad I know about this place just 'cause of that. In my interweb travels, I found what I thought was a cool app but it screwed my system up all kinds of different ways and I had to wipe my bb .... it's all better now, like a giant communicative bandaid
    12-12-08 09:16 PM
    How do I delete ONLY my contacts? I am trying to get rid of my dupes and I have them unduped on microsoft outlook. Thanks in advance for an answer.
    12-20-08 04:55 AM
    How do I delete ONLY my contacts? I am trying to get rid of my dupes and I have them unduped on microsoft outlook. Thanks in advance for an answer.
    Using desktop manager, go to advanced within backup/restore. Connect your BB, select "Address Book - All" on the device database window and select "clear". This should remove all your address book contacts on your BB.
    12-21-08 03:16 PM
    Ok Ill try to give it a go today. Thanks!
    12-21-08 03:34 PM
    Good! It worked. Thanks again!
    12-21-08 03:45 PM
    Thanks!

Aww, I'm gonna miss my Curve
    03-09-09 12:59 PM
    Good Post Son Keep It Up....
    03-29-09 11:41 PM
    if you want to erase just one application go to settings, aplications, wait for all of your applications to load then highlight the app you wish to delete, hit the menu key, stroll down to delete and the rest is history as they say. Good luck
    Hey, I did that many times but the apps always r back on once I turn my curve on. How do I permanently delete some certain 3rd party apps that I never use?

Asteria
    04-01-09 12:25 AM
    Thanks for the tips
    04-09-09 01:21 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD